• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Warning..Be Careful...

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Important Note:

LTA has contracted six traffic wardens from a private company at $34,000 a year to take down the licence platenumber, make and colour of vehicles that intrude into bus lanes at peak hours. (They are incognito with camera in hands, so don't expect to see a TP, etc)

Note you can get fined $130 for dropping someone off at or near the bus stop.
LTA has intensified their operations at the following

(1) Jurong Town Hall Rd
(2) Eunos Link
(3) Orchard Rd
(4) Lorong Chuan
(5) Hougang Ave 3
(6) Upper Serangoon Rd
(7) Upper Thomson Rd
(8) Yishun Ave 2

Additional spots where speed traps were seen:

(1) PIE towards airport near Toa Payoh exit, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrain overhead bridge. 90km/h

(2) PIE towards Jurong near Adam road exit, tripod mounted speed camera over at Adam Road flyover. 90km/h

(3) Braddell Road after Bishan Junction towards CTE, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrain overhead bridge. 60/kmh

(4) Queensway towards Bukit Merah, tripod mounted speed camera under tree before Ridout McDonalds.. 60km/h

(5) Spot along Upper Bukit Timah Rd towards Woodlands Rd , tripod mounted speed camera under tree after a curve turn - 60km/h.

Fine imposed is $170 and 8 demerit points.

Any update..welcome to warn ALL bros...

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the heads up.

Personally I don't really understand the need for such information, since drivers are taught to obey all traffic rules in the driving school and not drop passengers off within a certain distance from bus stops, go into bus lanes during peak hours, not go over the speed limit, etc etc.

Why is there a need to warn people of the location of such speed traps and locations? On another note, I think we also need warnings for people not to spit, not to litter, not to kill, not to rob, not to do anything illegal.

No offence to you bro, I'm not attacking your post or what. Just wondering why people want such information when they know it's illegal to do such things. If you don't do it, you will never need such information in the first place. It's almost like saying "the police will be patrolling this area as this time and this day, please don't rob the bank during their patrol hours or you'll run a chance of getting caught".

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the heads up.

Personally I don't really understand the need for such information, since drivers are taught to obey all traffic rules in the driving school and not drop passengers off within a certain distance from bus stops, go into bus lanes during peak hours, not go over the speed limit, etc etc.

Why is there a need to warn people of the location of such speed traps and locations? On another note, I think we also need warnings for people not to spit, not to litter, not to kill, not to rob, not to do anything illegal.

No offence to you bro, I'm not attacking your post or what. Just wondering why people want such information when they know it's illegal to do such things. If you don't do it, you will never need such information in the first place. It's almost like saying "the police will be patrolling this area as this time and this day, please don't rob the bank during their patrol hours or you'll run a chance of getting caught".
may I ask if the road you are driving is at 60 kph speed limit and there is not a single car around you in the lanes you drive, do you still drive at 60kph? If yes, you are really a model citizen. Good for you.

I'm not attacking you bro, just that it's difficult to find someone who still obeys the limit in this situation - who also surf this forum. Maybe there are others too? wanna own up?

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to say that I will still drive at 60km/h even if there is not a single car around me. Maybe only slightly above like +10km/h, since we all know there is a small buffer over the limit before the speed cameras are triggered etc.

On another note, I surf the forums here for updated local news actually; I ignore the politics that goes on around here. This forum is *almost* like an aggregated source for local news (which seems to be the only good thing). But that's quite off the topic. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

After Mdm Ho's losses & with fall of $$$ from other sources of income, it is always good to have a heads up to what the gov't is up to. Not everyone reads the paper.

I'm sure they expect to make more than the $34,000 they are are spending :smile:
This is obviously to generate income, why else would they do this now after all these years :rolleyes:

mudskipper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the heads up.

hmmm.. if only every1 follow your exemplary conduct, we truly wouldnt need any warnings of this sort... neither would we need the police or jail, etc..

there is a myriad of reasons why drivers do that. not all of it are necessarily blatant disregard for the law. as polite and diplomatic as u were in your post, please keep your hypocritical judgment at bay.

im not attacking your post or anything. just suggesting u take a hacksaw and cut down all the warning signs of speed camera along our highways. :smile:

dont u wonder why the LTA themselves put up such signs?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done, there should be more such activities to catch those who break the law. Those who abide by the law and traffic rules have nothing to fear

I think TP is not doing enough still. Need more enforcement, especially drunk driving, speeding, bus lane infringement and illegal parking

I think the fines should be triple what they are now

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the heads up.

Personally kenna "Advisory Notice" for exceeding 70km/hr @ KPE Jln Euncos....with the camera taken @ 5.30am...uncle sam is always watching u....

Human tendency PAY to learn.....PAY & PAY...

Sometimes the mindfulness, always slip off our mind....

44mm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the comments on that. I respect your views but the threadstarter is sharing info that others may find it useful. Just too bad that not many people is so " innocent and pure" like you.

No offence to you bro, I'm not attacking your post or what. I am just facing the facts here.

Have a nice day.