• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Warning Alert! Avoid Ray Technology Development, 02-26, Sim Lim Sqaure

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read this at HWZ. This shop is blatantly cheating customers at the IT shows. Pls avoid this shop at SLS and their booth at all the major IT fairs like Comex, SITEX, ITFairs, PCshows... this will be added to my list of blacklisted shops:

Yesterday, 10:29 PM #1
seahka

MeiYing M10
Hi There, recently my friend bought a tablet Meiying M10 from the IT show. The specs states that is duo core 1GB Ram, HD screen etc....After he went back home to power up, the specs was not as stated especially the ram was 512, worst the screen was 752x600 instead of 1024x768.
He went back to the store @ Sim Lim Square and make a claim from the seller, but they refuse to honor the product & the specs stated on the brochure.
Pls advise me what can be done, He dont wish to go CASE as you know that CASE is very cumbersome...

MEIYING%20M10%20brochure.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Today, 12:37 AM #2
darylloh

First thoughts after seeing the company name - all the best to your friend. I had a bad experience with them during SITEX 2011. Purchased an Android TV box from them and it didn't work as promised since I took it home. Despite making numerous trips and calls to the shop, issues were never resolved and the so called promises weren't carried through. It's now an expensive paper weight in my home...

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The specs are laughable. RAM is less than 500mb according to the screenshot.

Screen resolution is 600 x 752. Worse than a mobile phone.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another one that got burned. Do research before going to IT shows and that includes reading about the reviews on such stores located on pc hardware sites like hwz, vrzone.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
U forgot about the infamous Song Brothers. Actually i don't understand why people like to go Sim Lim Square. Prices are not dirt cheap.

Yeah, i added the advice not to shop at level 1 shops. Rent is so expensive, they sure tok carrot to those unsuspecting customers

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only ppl that should get their carrot chopped in such places are foreigners. Locals should be pretty aware of such places by now.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had lunch at burger king wif my niece yesterday at suntec.

altho i couldn't really understand what the pinoy manager was saying, he was pretty fast and kept calling me 'Sir'.

the service was much better than a certain fried chicken fastfood chain that employs servers of a certain race.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
meiying sounds like a china brand.

why in the world do you want to get a brand from china.

If you want to get any IT products. go right to the source. Samsung mobile get it from Samsung shop, apple product get it from apple shop. That is the safest bet.

the buyer deserve it if he tries to save a few bucks here and there.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U forgot about the infamous Song Brothers. Actually i don't understand why people like to go Sim Lim Square. Prices are not dirt cheap.
Sinkies mentality....
Cheapskates thinking they can always dig up the best deal and they are too smart to fall prey to cons......they think cannot happen to them.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i had lunch at burger king wif my niece yesterday at suntec.

altho i couldn't really understand what the pinoy manager was saying, he was pretty fast and kept calling me 'Sir'.

the service was much better than a certain fried chicken fastfood chain that employs servers of a certain race.

Are those the dark skinned fellas that always love to fight with ppl?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
just found out i posted on the wrong thread. hahaha.

It is best to get real brands from all dealers even those banned by bus64. Because real brands has service centre and after sale service.

These are big companies and they can afford to give warranty and set up service centre.

If you buy a brand that is never heard of, of course you will lose your money. Those unheard brand do not even have the funds to provide all the after sale service.

I thought at this time, consumers are smarter now , why does this happen?

if you do not have money to afford a real brand, then save it up for a few months before getting one. You will save yourself problems and trouble which will cost lots more.

i have no problem with my SAMSUNG galaxy tab 10.1 from NEWSTEAD.

If i have any problem with it, no sweat, just go to SAMSUNG service centre and exchange for a new one or get the problem solve free of charge.. This is call smart purchasing.

there is no need to go back to the dealer to demand this and that and waste so much time and energy.

You get what you pay for. I pay full price for my tablet at $889+..(no contract) no problem. somemore it comes with a free case as in all IT shows.

It is not the dealers' fault, it is the consumer who are not smart and being cheapskate.

Your cheapskateness will come back to haunt you.