• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

video streaming problem

Raynall

Alfrescian
Loyal
Description of Problem:

When I try to view video clips on Youtube or the popular anime streaming sites (like animeplus etc), the clip would pause all of a sudden and resume playing after one or two second. That's on the good days. Some days, when I try to play a 2 minute MTV clip on Youtube, most parts would get choppy.

Recommended Fixes I have tried:

- I have installed the latest version of Flash.

- Browsers are up to date. And I have even reset both my Firefox and Opera browsers and created new profiles for them. Unfortunately, Firefox continues to have this "unresponsive plugin" error message so I condemned it.

- I have tried viewing the same clip with both enabled hardware acceleration and disabled hardware acceleration settings. No difference in quality btw.

- In case of software conflicts, I disabled all non-Flash video plugins.

- I also checked for latest driver for my video card.

- Did chkdsk and defrag.

- Finally, I installed earlier versions of Flash. Didn't work either.

So the reason I am posting this here is because I have used up all the recommended fixes I got from looking through the various forums related to this issue (choppy streaming videos).

Is there anything else I should try?

PS: I can't restore my computer to an earlier setting via System Restore because apparently, I do not have a safe restore point. My problem started more than a week ago and the restore points I do have stretch back only a week.

PPS: I also cannot reset my computer to factory settings because since my DVD drive is no longer functional, I have no way of re-installing important software drivers...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes Youtube (Google) becomes an annoying prick and randomly/automatically plays Youtube videos in HTML5. That may be problematic (resource hungry) for some machines.

Most of the time it's a network or bandwidth problem, nothing to do with Flash.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want me to suggest a solution for you, you will have to pay me.

Your problem can be easily diagnosed and fixed. I'm an expert on video streaming.

Even Youtube implement my suggestions.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
if your computer is too old
u have this problem
my old PC wasnt 'slow' type
it was a 3.5 gb htz
but been used for 3yrs already

I had this probelm too before
my old PC was still 'working' ,
and I cant seem to watch any youtbe video 'peacefully'
I tot my internet connection was slow
I could not even use google streetview..to go 'tour' around
did everything u did
and still the same

one day my PC stop working
and I got a new one
and miraculously I could watch youtube without any proiblem

check if your PC can use google streetview
if you have problems using streetview
it is time to change a new computer

conclusion
my still 'working' PC was too 'slow' to handle streaming videos
I mean evry bit of info coming in
the PC microchip has to 'read' it
so when it cant read fast enough
u have to 'wait' to watch your videos

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
try disabling the antivirus. if cannot stream then use internet download manager to download the flash video clip.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya
dont be like lee sian loong

say something
but like din say anything

If you want me to suggest a solution for you, you will have to pay me.

Your problem can be easily diagnosed and fixed. I'm an expert on video streaming.

Even Youtube implement my suggestions.

microdjsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm sure u r using either ST or SH as ur ISP, right? Both sux for streaming since months ago. I called to ST helpdesk to complain about the streaming to youtube, then they blame on youtube. Problem is, when i tried on VQ, no problem streaming it!