• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Shanmugam lifts 150% of his own bodyweight at gym

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

For slightly more than a year now, I have added weight training, to my exercise routine.

After some months of training, (with Covid interruptions), I did a test to see what weight I can carry.

Here is a video, it starts with my attempt at 80kg, and then increased weights, going up to 105kg - my body weight is 70kg, so 105 kg is 150 % of my body weight. [This was when gym training, with masks off, was allowed for a period, last year]

We have to encourage more people to exercise - walk, go to the gym, swim, do something to move. And add weight training, for strengthening bones, other benefits. For older persons it helps reduce muscle loss. Good to have a varied routine.

Exercise is important to keep alert, be efficient at work, and to keep fit.
A healthy diet is also important.

In the next few months I am going to try and lift 120 kg.

Reality check: the lady you see in the gym, in background in the video weighs less than 50 kg and lifts 120 kg!

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought he was going to lift it above his head like the weightlifters in the Olympic games.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1628938197098.png

Part of exercise routine
In a Facebook post on Saturday (Aug. 14), Shanmugam said that weight training has been a part of his exercise routine for slightly more than a year.

After months of training and all the Covid-19 restrictions in gyms, he did a test to see what weight he could carry.

The post was accompanied by a video of Shanmugam lifting different weights.

In the video, which was filmed when gym training with masks off was allowed for a while in 2020, Shanmugam started with 80 kilograms.

Here he is in action:

The heaviest Shanmugam lifted was 105 kilograms, which is 150 per cent of his bodyweight as he is 70 kilograms heavy.
Encourages others to exercise

Shanmugam wrote in his Facebook post:

"We have to encourage more people to exercise — walk, go to the gym, swim, do something to move. And add weight training, for strengthening bones, other benefits. For older persons it helps reduce muscle loss. Good to have a varied routine.

Exercise is important to keep alert, be efficient at work, and to keep fit. A healthy diet is also important."

He added that he hopes to lift 120 kilograms in the next few months.

https://mothership.sg/2021/08/shanmugam-weightlifting/

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
After watching the good minister Shan do deadlifts, I'm very encouraged to take up deadlifting too. It would come in handy to push back real hard against pushy oppies who keep wanting to force their radical beliefs down my throat.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

For slightly more than a year now, I have added weight training, to my exercise routine.

After some months of training, (with Covid interruptions), I did a test to see what weight I can carry.

Here is a video, it starts with my attempt at 80kg, and then increased weights, going up to 105kg - my body weight is 70kg, so 105 kg is 150 % of my body weight. [This was when gym training, with masks off, was allowed for a period, last year]

We have to encourage more people to exercise - walk, go to the gym, swim, do something to move. And add weight training, for strengthening bones, other benefits. For older persons it helps reduce muscle loss. Good to have a varied routine.

Exercise is important to keep alert, be efficient at work, and to keep fit.
A healthy diet is also important.

In the next few months I am going to try and lift 120 kg.

Reality check: the lady you see in the gym, in background in the video weighs less than 50 kg and lifts 120 kg!
OMG, he is so fit and strong. I am even more afraid of him now.:eek:

Note to self : I must not say anything bad about him.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Eh never seen this type of dumbbell setup. Every lift also got clap ah. Elites are elites… even dumbbell also have customised bars