• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Pritam Singh speaks in Mandarin, Low Thia Khiang speaks in Teochew, to tell elderly to vaccinate

jw5

Loyal
How does that benefit ordinary shitizens?

How does PAP ruling forever benefit ordinary Singaporeans?
Letting PAP rule Singapore forever is the with little tweaks here and there among opposition parties and members and among PAP MPs and Ministars is the classic lumpar parlum. Nothing ever changes, so why not try something different?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully, after they become more like PAP and take over PAP, PAP will become more like SDP and SDP will become more like WP. And may the cycle keep going on and changing for the benefit of ordinary Singaporeans.
Not hopeful. Democrats/Republicans (USA) Conservatives/Labour (UK) have become 2 wings of the same plane. Malaysia is worse than both! We are well on our way.

My favorite last paragraph of Animal Farm:

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Another favorite:

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”​

jw5

Loyal
Not hopeful. Democrats/Republicans (USA) Conservatives/Labour (UK) have become 2 wings of the same plane. Malaysia is worse than both! We are well on our way.

My favorite last paragraph of Animal Farm:

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Another favorite:

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”​

Better to be not hopeful than status quo hopeless.
Even if it does not change much, at least you get some entertainment.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Very good gesture of the WP to do what's right. Now we need the other opposition parties to do likewise.

The vaccine is just what it is... a vaccine. It saves lives. It is not a political tool.
I was just thinking why Singapore govt doesnt just mandate vaccine?

Scared to lose votes?

Then get the opposition to state their position on vaccines as well. If WP SDP and PSP all say yes please vaccinate then no worry the antivaxxer will vote opposituon since they also pro vaccine.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was just thinking why Singapore govt doesnt just mandate vaccine?

Scared to lose votes?

Then get the opposition to state their position on vaccines as well. If WP SDP and PSP all say yes please vaccinate then no worry the antivaxxer will vote opposituon since they also pro vaccine.
Then that would have really politicized the vaccine... something people have been trying to avoid. It's good to note that responsible politicians from the opposition parties have come forward to ask people to get vaccinated on their own accord.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you had voted the oppo and have to live with regrets in next 4 years, then vote PAP back again... wld you do it?

Why yes,
And why no?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Then that would have really politicized the vaccine... something people have been trying to avoid. It's good to note that responsible politicians from the opposition parties have come forward to ask people to get vaccinated on their own accord.

The vaccine IS POLITICIZED. Heavily!

You know when I see the discussion and comments from both sides saying how dumb the other side is when it comes to vaccinating or not vaccinating and they argue.....I cannot help but chuckle a bit.

Because this is totally so what I have been faced with and trying to balance and placate as a doctor over the past 20+ years.

Patients come all the time with their "smartest", "most correct" interpretation of what medicine should be to them. Sure their choices by and large only affect them, but hey as a doctor I have a duty to follow the guidelines and protocols and recommendations you know. I cannot suka suka just agree with whatever you say and follow without worrying about what would happen if somehow the college or the council gets a complaint and comes after me.

But here with the vaccine you can see clearly this whole "autonomy" at play.

Seriously, was medicine really something meant for the average person to understand and make the wisest decisions for themselves?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The vaccine IS POLITICIZED. Heavily!

You know when I see the discussion and comments from both sides saying how dumb the other side is when it comes to vaccinating or not vaccinating and they argue.....I cannot help but chuckle a bit.

Because this is totally so what I have been faced with and trying to balance and placate as a doctor over the past 20+ years.

Patients come all the time with their "smartest", "most correct" interpretation of what medicine should be to them. Sure their choices by and large only affect them, but hey as a doctor I have a duty to follow the guidelines and protocols and recommendations you know. I cannot suka suka just agree with whatever you say and follow without worrying about what would happen if somehow the college or the council gets a complaint and comes after me.

But here with the vaccine you can see clearly this whole "autonomy" at play.

Seriously, was medicine really something meant for the average person to understand and make the wisest decisions for themselves?
Right. Gone were the days when people take to heart what doctors recommend. The explosion of IT has made everyone a scientist in their own minds.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So racist ? Only Chinese and Chinese dialect ?

Tats why i always said sinkie cheena call the shot. But some cheena still insist Malays votes for MIW into power. Still dont want to face the hard truth. 61% voted PAP into power. Simple maths. Malays only 15%. Even my 10 yrs old nephew know the majority race i.e. Cheena sinkies, voted for PAP elections after elections.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Right. Gone were the days when people take to heart what doctors recommend. The explosion of IT has made everyone a scientist in their own minds.
Yup.

People just google their symptoms. Google the diagnosis and read and read and read all about that one diagnosis and problem and become experts in that one problem.

Thing is as a dr you gotta know like hundreds or thousands of diagnosis and problems. So cannot compete with the patients after they have studied that one problem in depth.

So let patients decide lah. The regulatory bodies should indemnify the dr and just let them do what the expert patient decides.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tats why i always said sinkie cheena call the shot. But some cheena still insist Malays votes for MIW into power. Still dont want to face the hard truth. 61% voted PAP into power. Simple maths. Malays only 15%. Even my 10 yrs old nephew know the majority race i.e. Cheena sinkies, voted for PAP elections after elections.
Malay is not bad. Got president

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The very reason why PAP say we do not need an opposition -since they just parrot the PAP.
Are these two medical doctors and have they considered the views of many medical professionals who reject the mRNA vaccines ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The very reason why PAP say we do not need an opposition -since they just parrot the PAP.
Are these two medical doctors and have they considered the views of many medical professionals who reject the mRNA vaccines ?

It's the politically correct thing to do. Far more influential people have hopped on the bandwagon. :cool:

ak_pf_1401.jpg
2021-03-06T125843Z_93915264_RC2M5M9AMI2Q_RTRMADP_3_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-VACCINE-DALAILAMA.JPG