• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Ah Tiong burnt alive to ashes within seconds inside lift carrying a lithium battery

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be careful of Tiong made fire extinguishers too. They are toxic and might make the fire even bigger. :laugh:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got video?

Video on Tiong website Ixigua.

https://www.ixigua.com/7346590103688774144

phpvgoueh-1710810383181.png

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh they try those on ev fires everytime. Lowiq ccp peasants. You are NEVER going to find any fire extinguisher that can put out chemical fires in public

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Same for cellphone batteries. The risk is the same, but the fires are generally smaller and more limited, not life threatening.

so batteries fully charged liao might catch fire..................what about those that ran out of power like in old handphones just lying around in the drawer for years ?? :thumbsdown:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do lithium-ion batteries catch fire?

Lithium-ion batteries (LiBs) are energy-dense and contain material that is highly flammable. The risks and hazards associated with LiBs include fire and explosion, radiation, heat, chemical and electrical.
There are several situations that can lead to lithium-ion batteries catching fire, including:
  • overcharging or use of non-compliant charging equipment​
  • overheating or exposure to heat or extreme temperatures​
  • physical abuse (e.g., dropping, crushing, piercing, and/or vibrations)​
  • short-circuiting, battery cell malfunctions or system faults​
  • defects or contamination introduced during manufacture.​

The end users have no control over the last two as in the case in the video

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Age matters. But with little charge left there's not enough energy to drive an exothermic reaction. At most a small 'pop'.

wah.........so the pop won't start fire and burn house down ?

scared leh if no one at home...............i got 3 old Samsung phones.............but only one is powered on since i use it as a calculator........