• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Very sad to see kids at my neighborhood growing up to become food delivery riders

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
while food delivery is a honest job, but seeing them growing up from pri sch, sec sch, tertiary edu and served NS.
and now doing full time food delivery. really sad for their future.

3 of such kids around my neighborhood in fact.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
while food delivery is a honest job, but seeing them growing up from pri sch, sec sch, tertiary edu and served NS.

go uni to become food delivery
gxgx to pap pro ft policies

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal

you are absolutely right, wtf the govt done last 20 years?, it gets worse n worse for the common folk, real sad for our locals
all these supposing property and stock market boom are for the elites, and the aunties and uncles are completely clueless

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One chap from my old neighborhood, worked many years in an MNC then took up part time at SIM. After graduating, he thought he would be an asset to his company. In the end kena laid off 2 years back. Now cycling around the neighborhood with his foldable bike for Grab Food. He tried applying for jobs, went to CDC for help, CB Kias recommended some courses for him to take. WTF he's already SIM graduate, what else is there for him to self upgrade? This is the sad state of Sinkapore right now.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pride of PAP !
Thanks to the 61% !

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
One chap from my old neighborhood, worked many years in an MNC then took up part time at SIM. After graduating, he thought he would be an asset to his company. In the end kena laid off 2 years back. Now cycling around the neighborhood with his foldable bike for Grab Food. He tried applying for jobs, went to CDC for help, CB Kias recommended some courses for him to take. WTF he's already SIM graduate, what else is there for him to self upgrade? This is the sad state of Sinkapore right now.
SIM graduate is enough . It's either u get a job or don't get a job due to the job market and govt policies adverse to sinkees.I knew of a person who completed courses at e2i and still jobless. He was assigned a Career Coach who coach him on interview techniques and resume writing but still jobless. He met the Career Coach many times but the Career Coach could not give him a job because the Career Coach do not provide jobs but only coach. Where are the 100,000 Jobs promised By Stroke Heng during last GE 2020 ?

Hanslesley73

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hopefully this is not a permanent situation. We should not look down on them. They are survivors, not caring what others think n striving on. Covid 19 brings with it unprecedented times. Many ppl are out of jobs, big name retails are shutting down. The other day an ang moh delivered my food. I look up to them(all deliverymen, all skin colour)and admire them for striving on. Let’s hope the pandemic will somehow find a way to be over(at this pt, admittedly, things r looking bleak) and some form of normalcy will return.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

You should be happy for they working in tech firms are the future. :cool:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what happens when you don't have term limits, and to make matters worse, let Lanjiao Loong be in power since 2004. :cool:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually this is what Boss Sam says must start own biz..than no need worry about traditional employment. And I learnt too late that it's the employable skills that matter not paper qualification. That is what singkies always fuck up on. Jobs that are available are in the trades. Like metal fabrication, plumbers, electricians, mechanics etc...but singkies shun these...that is why jokes about VITB and ITE etc. But they pick up employable skills . So tat why most contractors are foreigners. N now for a local to get in...there are no opportunities because the market is cornered. To singkies degrees are bestest. But the future such high end jobs..IT can do...n with pap open door policy. Underemployment will get from bad to worst

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a superbly silly comment! Covid19=lockdowns=rise in food delivery. Winners see an opportunity instead of a problem, Bro.

There isn't really a lockdown now, just F&B outlets slightly inconvenienced by 'safe management practices'.

It's laziness, that's all.

Hanslesley73

Alfrescian
Loyal
There isn't really a lockdown now, just F&B outlets slightly inconvenienced by 'safe management practices'.

It's laziness, that's all.
Perhaps you should go to India where there are plenty of your dream F&B outlets with no ‘safe management practices’ exist. :sneaky:

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays I see quite a number of SYTs also doing delivery food gigs. Few of them quite chio. Sometimes feel turned on seeing them wearing cycling tights, normal shorts when cycling..