• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unusual Taiwan Court Martial Verdict - BG spy for PRC ultra seriously escaped DP

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Verdict is out today = Life Sentence for Taiwanese BG from highest military command's communication secret division. Everyone was expecting the most certain death sentence. He got charged for selling Top Secret Military Communication Data, including deployments of combat command and control fibre networks and encryption info to Beijing.:*::eek:

The strategic info is so significant that ROC military defence command network can be effectively targeted by single round of precision missile 1st strike, everything including radar & command control will be crippled at the very beginning of any conflict. Actually, before even missile strikes, cyber hack alone can instantly assure upper-hand with this kind of intel.

:wink:

Court martial is surprisingly kind. The reason given is the accused is VERY COOPERATIVE.

5 charges pleaded guilty, 15 years sentences each, sentence run consecutively. Can still be appealed within the next 10 days. Good deal? I think Taiwanese patriotic people will sure protest.:p

3198355450.jpg

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/110725/1/2vojq.html

態度配合 共諜羅賢哲逃過死罪 一審判無期
<label> </label> 更新日期:<q>2011/07/25 15:27</q>
前陸軍司令部通資處長羅賢哲共諜案,高等軍事法院今天初審宣判,法官認為羅賢哲已經構成「為敵人從事間諜活動」罪,依法判處無期徒刑,褫奪公權終身。國防部表示,羅賢哲在偵查以及審判中自白,而且態度配合,因此法官依法減輕其刑,決定判處無期徒刑。(李人岳報導)
前陸軍司令部通資處長羅賢哲涉嫌擔任中共間諜,出賣我方重要軍事情報,高等軍事法院25日做出判決,國防部軍事發言人羅紹和表示,合議庭認為羅賢哲已經構成陸海空軍刑法第17條第1項第2款「為敵人從事間諜活動」罪,依法判處無期徒刑,褫奪公權終身。
由於間諜罪依法最重可處死刑,羅紹和表示,羅賢哲在偵查以及審判中自白,而且態度配合,因此法官最後決定判處無期徒刑。
國防部指出,羅賢哲先後5次交付資料給中共人員並收受賄賂,已經構成貪污治罪條例「公務員對於違背職務之行為,收受賄賂」等5罪,各判處有期徒刑15年,合併「為敵人從事間諜活動」罪執行無期徒刑。
國防部說,近日將把全案移送國防部最高軍事法院審理;被告及軍事檢察官如不服判決,也可於收到判決後10天內,提出上訴。

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
He didn't just sell the info right?
Apparently, he was seduced by a prc mei mei.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
He didn't just sell the info right?
Apparently, he was seduced by a prc mei mei.

Got several spy cases to confuse me, unsure.:*:

Got a case of Spy-Spy Double Agent deals, I think unrelated to this. That case one spy from Taiwan to PRC was caught by PRC, surrendered and submitted to PRC spy master. Then made to recruit spies in Taiwanese military to sell intel to PRC. This is 007 counter-intel story type. I am unsure if the BG was one of those recruited in this spy-ring.:eek: Mixing up?

jw5

Loyal
Got several spy cases to confuse me, unsure.:*:

Got a case of Spy-Spy Double Agent deals, I think unrelated to this. That case one spy from Taiwan to PRC was caught by PRC, surrendered and submitted to PRC spy master. Then made to recruit spies in Taiwanese military to sell intel to PRC. This is 007 counter-intel story type. I am unsure if the BG was one of those recruited in this spy-ring.:eek: Mixing up?

It's the same guy, recognised the pic.
Based on the talkshow discussions, he was approached by a prc beauty when he was stationed in a high post in another country. Could be Thailand or USA.
They had an affair for a few years, then finally she revealed who she was and blackmailed him with the affair and also bribed him with money. Due to greed and lust, he agreed to betray his country.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the same guy, recognised the pic.
Based on the talkshow discussions, he was approached by a prc beauty when he was stationed in a high post in another country. Could be Thailand or USA.
They had an affair for a few years, then finally she revealed who she was and blackmailed him with the affair and also bribed him with money. Due to greed and lust, he agreed to betray his country.

Welcome to spy world!

CIA KGB MI5 PRC Taiwan Mozart.... what else? ISD? MSK? WKS? :biggrin::eek::*: