• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unscrupulous for sellers to shrink food portions

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://soshiok.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607

Unscrupulous for sellers to shrink food portions
In a letter to My Paper, May 19, 2009, Mr Brock Ernest Williams says:

I refer to the my paper report, “Salesman ‘withheld’ passport” (May 13) and the letter, “Nip unethical business practices in the bud” (May 15).

I am a regular at two food courts in the basement of an Orchard Road shopping centre.

Lately, I have noticed some of my food portions getting smaller at the larger food court, although prices have held steady.

I pointed this out to a supervisor, but I still got reduced portions from time to time.

I encountered this again recently.

I am a regular customer at a Western-food stall at the smaller food court.

I usually order fish ’n’ chips, so I know exactly how much food to expect.

A photo at the stall clearly shows two pieces of fish in one portion.

However, when I visited the stall two weeks ago, I was given only one piece of fish.

When I told the stall holder, he insisted that two pieces of fish had been battered and served as a single, larger portion.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but was still hungry after the meal and ordered a second portion from the same stall.

I wonder whether other patrons have had the same experience.

It is unscrupulous to short- change customers, whether it comes to electronics or food.

Some people may be on a strict diet where they need adequate greens, fish or certain nutrients.

Such questionable retail practices do not augur well for the reputation of the shopping centre, especially when it lies in the heart of Singapore’s tourist belt.

I like patronising this particular shopping centre for its old-world ambience, but I hope something could be done about its unethical tenants.