• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unreliable public transport led to the death of man before he has seen wedding pics

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...victim_spent_10k_on_taiwan_wedding_shoot.html

hitandrun_victim_spent_10k_on_taiwan_wedding_shoot-thumbnail.jpg

Hit-and-run victim spent $10k on Taiwan wedding shoot, but never got to see pics

He spent $10,000 on a trip to Taiwan for their wedding photo shoot, but on the morning of the day the photos were ready for collection, Keith Kok Chee Wah, 31, met with a fatal hit-and-run accident.

The couple had flown to Taiwan just last month for a wedding photo shoot as it was his fiancee's wish to do so. Keith paid close to $10,000 for the six-day trip, including the cost of the photos, his fiancee, Geraldine Lim, 25, told the The New Paper.

They had even fixed their wedding date for March 30 2013, picked the bridal boutique and decided on a honeymoon in Europe. The couple had also managed to ballot successfully for a four-room HDB flat at Corporation Road.

However, the oil tanker driver was riding his new scooter to work when he was hit by a lorry and a trailer at about 7.30am on Apr 12. He was believed to have been hit by the lorry before being run over by the trailer. Keith was pronounced dead on the spot at 8.20am.

Geraldine said her doting fiance bought the scooter as he wanted her to use his car to drive to her workplace. He had asked her permission to buy the scooter and she had agreed as he was afraid he would be late for work taking public transport as it "had become more unreliable after the recent breakdowns".

The couple had only been dating for two years when Keith proposed to Geraldine. It was 2006 and she was still in polytechnic, so he waited for her to complete her studies before proposing again, in 2009. When Geraldine agreed, Keith was overjoyed.

"He asked if I would marry him and promised to always be there for me whenever I needed him. He promised to love me all his life. And I said 'yes'. He was over the moon," Geraldine recalled.

Last night, the couple were not only set to collect the wedding photographs, but also a set of four Transformers figurines Geraldine had bought online for her fiance to thank him for the Taiwan trip.

"Now he will never get to see them," Geraldine said, as she wept uncontrollably at his wake. "If only I had said no... [to him buying the scooter]," she said.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Unreliable public transport led to the death of man before he has seen wedding pi

Only an idiot would waste $10,000 on some stupid photos. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Unreliable public transport led to the death of man before he has seen wedding pi

He spent $10,000 on a trip to Taiwan for their wedding photo shoot

Not very bright. Then again, most married men are not the brightest sparks.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Sinkie girls :rolleyes:
He might still be alive if he had not met her. Now the girl will just find someone else to marry.

The couple had flown to Taiwan just last month for a wedding photo shoot as it was his fiancee's wish to do so. Keith paid close to $10,000 for the six-day trip, including the cost of the photos, his fiancee, Geraldine Lim, 25, told the The New Paper.

Geraldine said her doting fiance bought the scooter as he wanted her to use his car to drive to her workplace.

He had asked her permission to buy the scooter

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Buy car to let fiancee drive.

Buy scooter for himself and kana killed.

Is this the life of the Sinkie male?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By the way, it's quite easy to figure out the power dynamics in any couple. Just look at their photos or observe their body language in real life.

Who's grabbing the hand tighter when holding hands?

Who's leaning in more towards the other?

Who is walking slightly in front of the other?

This guy is the classic henpecked husband/boyfriend.

The scooter vs car narrative in the article clearly proves my point.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

oil tanker driver can afford to buy car + buy scooter? How much does an oil tanker driver earn? I hope the oil tanker refer to those on the road and not those oil tanker on the sea.

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

"Now he will never get to see them," Geraldine said, as she wept uncontrollably at his wake. "If only I had said no... [to him buying the scooter]," she said.

yah man...ah geraldine...if oni he had say no 2 u...u fucking take bus 2 work urself...if realli cnot afford n feel no face u can jump mrt along de way 2 work...oh wait...pls do it on weekend or after 11pm...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... as he was afraid he would be late for work taking public transport as it "had become more unreliable after the recent breakdowns". ...
ah soh n smrt got mor blood on their hands ... :eek:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What a silly kan cheong spider. If the MRT breaks down and you are late for work, so what?
If the boss is not happy, tell him or her to go and confront SMRT.

Silly obedient Sinkie wage slave. Work so hard for fuck?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only an idiot would waste $10,000 on some stupid photos. :rolleyes:

I believe photo shoot was only a pretext; it's more like a pre-wedding honeymoon. The cost of the actual photo shoot may be less than $1,500.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Knn seepeh chek ark. A young life was tragically ended and you all still have the heart to laugh at him on line...

:oIo:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

The woman cannot make it. She herself drive a nice car, while her guy ride a dangerous scooter. She could have taken the MRT right?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

oil tanker driver can afford to buy car + buy scooter? How much does an oil tanker driver earn? I hope the oil tanker refer to those on the road and not those oil tanker on the sea.

hi there

1. red, due to the risk involved on the job.
2. the remuneration should be rather attractive.
3. however, i believe the working hours are pretty "irregular' as compared to a 9 to 5 thing.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

If Geraldine had declined the offer of using the man's car, he would still be alive.

To conclude: Don't buy car for wife, and ride scooter yourself!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I believe photo shoot was only a pretext; it's more like a pre-wedding honeymoon. The cost of the actual photo shoot may be less than $1,500.

You have to pay for the photopgraher airfare and accomodation also, and maybe also an assistant. Its all in the package. Those Suntec Travel Fairs usually have these people touting for business. When I told them im married and showed them our ring(wife was beside me), then they lan lan. Some braver one will tell me, "Sir, marry again lor" :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You don't "drive" a ship you twit.:rolleyes:

normally you don't. but when i am reading Shit Times or any news from the local media - I not too sure.

moreover, i am not totally convinced that an oil tank driver can earn so much, hence my suspicion it may be "driver" of a oil tanker in sea.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

[ Unreliable public transport led to the death of man before he has seen wedding pics ]

like that also can ?

you might as well say : North Korea test Giant Fire Cracker Successfully on 13th April 2012 - cause great panic in USA , South Korea and Japan.