• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unable to access this site - IE8.0

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been using the Mac platform since the early nineties. There has never been a thing I can't fix myself even with the good old classic OS.

What sort of problems have you faced?

When...way back when, we were still using TERMINALS, on mini & main frame, and WHEN IBM chuncky desktop computer came along with the 8088 processor....the big old floppy disk, two drives, DOS1.0, Lotus 123 version 1.1, what was that text writer..before display write came into being...

When...our marketing department had the privilege to use the MACINTOSH..not the APPLE then..with the GUI...& the salivating desktop publishing capabilites...I have the chance to use the MAC...

Unforutunately I am working in mainstream...where every single fool out there uses DOS> WINDOWS> for browsers we had NETSCAPE..but, the lemmings used IE...and IE is still stuck on...

I have SAFARI, Firefox...and even Linux browsers...but the main machine, which I carry every where with me in this working world...runs WINSHIT & IE...can you blame me?

Strange enough the problem loading with IE went away for the moment, firefox loaded the pages...but with the graphics loading slowly...

I guess..it had to be speed......guess traffic is diverted somewhere and redirected back...maybe you should check on that...

We all love the MACINTOSH...or APPLE COMPUTER today...give me a MAC & MACBOOK anyday...I am just loving it...

BUT...can we make the world go MACINTOSH?...we can hope, can we?!:p

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK..before we go bashing around, on why we should use or buy a Mac, or use any other browsers.

Of late, I have been having trouble loading www.sammyboy.com, I am using Internet Explorer 8.0 & Windows Vista ( yeah, yeah, yeah..crappy).

I thought that the Internet Service Provider(s) were blocking this site, something prompted me to use my Firefox browser to access, and it workss, only trouble is, the browser (firefox) is not loading the site graphics properly, that is no display.

Now back to Internet Explorer 8.0, is there some settings that slow downed the loading of www.sammyboy.com?

I am still on an old box with W2k so cant upgrade to IE8, dont know what were the issues it has. While IE6 may have security issues, flaws whatever, I had no problem accessing this * www.sammyboy.com * site. The only problem is if I tunnel surf, I cant access, URL not supported thus have to access *singsupplies*.:confused:

Z

Zombie

...but the main machine, which I carry every where with me in this working world...runs WINSHIT & IE...can you blame me?

Have you tried Puppy Linux on a CD or Thumbdrive?
It can copy everything (only 100 MB) to the Ram during boot, and run from there. It comes with SeaMonkey browser and there is a firewall (good?).
Simple, lightweight and speedy, even on my old P4 machine. :biggrin: