• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unable to access this site - IE8.0

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK..before we go bashing around, on why we should use or buy a Mac, or use any other browsers.

Of late, I have been having trouble loading www.sammyboy.com, I am using Internet Explorer 8.0 & Windows Vista ( yeah, yeah, yeah..crappy).

I thought that the Internet Service Provider(s) were blocking this site, something prompted me to use my Firefox browser to access, and it workss, only trouble is, the browser (firefox) is not loading the site graphics properly, that is no display.

Now back to Internet Explorer 8.0, is there some settings that slow downed the loading of www.sammyboy.com?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In IE, go to Tools -> Compatibility View Settings and enable "Display all websites in Compatibility View".

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why you would admit that what you're using a crap yet still continue to use it is beyond me!:rolleyes:

Winshit users must be some sort of masochists.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally I find all browsers have their own problems.

I'm a Firefox user, problem with this thing is that it basically eats up a lot of memory. It has improved somewhat during the latest upgrade though. I'm sticking with it coz I like the interface

IE8 is a huge improvement over the previous versions. So far not too much problem with it but give it a few more months, those assholes who write viruses will start doing their work

Chrome is fast but it also have a number of software compatibility issues. Also for some weird reason it doesnt load facebook properly half the time. I've been experimenting with it for some time and with 2 different systems, both encountered similar problems.

Opera - Personally, dun really like this one, quite a number of pages doesnt load right. Probably becoz it was program for IE. I used to have problems with FF but they seem to have solved that issue. And I don't quite like the Opera interface either

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
IE8 is a huge improvement over the previous versions. So far not too much problem with it but give it a few more months, those assholes who write viruses will start doing their work

IE8 took minutes to open up a single thread of this forum and the other SBF. It was like waiting for the whole night!

As for the other browsers, I only tried Firefox which what you said is true. Eating too much memory and all other application became "slow". I wonder will it be the same again...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
IE8 took minutes to open up a single thread of this forum and the other SBF. It was like waiting for the whole night!

The threads here load in milliseconds for me. :p

macpro.jpg

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As for the other browsers, I only tried Firefox which what you said is true. Eating too much memory and all other application became "slow". I wonder will it be the same again...

I suspect some problems with software conflict with your IE8. I saw the same problems with one of my colleague's PC. Try this 3 things to see if it helps

1)Clear the Cache. Internet Options -> Delete Browsing History. Make sure to delete everything

2)Update Windows with the latest patches and scan for Viruses.

3)If that doesnt work, try reinstalling IE8. I've seen cases where the default IE had some issues with IE8 so its a good idea to remove that too. First copy the IE shotcut on your desktop and move it somewhere(e.g. My Documents/c:, I'll explain why in a bit).

Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall IE8.

Still inside Add/Remove Programs go to Add/Remove Windows Components, remove Internet Explorer. This will remove the Internet explorer on your system, however it will also remove the IE shortcut if its still on desktop which is why I asked U to copy it somewhere else.

Restart. Reinstall IE8(preferably without the Updates). Copy the IE shortcut back onto your desktop and see if that helps. U can update it later and remove the updates if it cause problems

If that still doesn't help, frankly speaking I wont be able to help unless I'm in front of your system

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If that still doesn't help, frankly speaking I wont be able to help unless I'm in front of your system

Why anyone would want to pay good money for such a crappy computing platform is beyond me. :rolleyes:

I was always under the impression that humans had sufficient intellect to exercise what is known as "freedom of choice".

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why anyone would want to pay good money for such a crappy computing platform is beyond me. :rolleyes:

I was always under the impression that humans had sufficient intellect to exercise what is known as "freedom of choice".

I've been supporting Mac for some time as well, and to tell U the truth, Mac has as much trouble as Windows. Mac problems mainly comes from the fact that the stupid Machine is near impossible to troubleshoot.

I've even met Apple Engineers who cant fix their own machine but I've yet to meet an Engineer from M$ who cant tell me exactly what is wrong base on Error messages or blue screen messages.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I've been supporting Mac for some time as well, and to tell U the truth, Mac has as much trouble as Windows. Mac problems mainly comes from the fact that the stupid Machine is near impossible to troubleshoot.

I have been using the Mac platform since the early nineties. There has never been a thing I can't fix myself even with the good old classic OS.

What sort of problems have you faced?

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect some problems with software conflict with your IE8. I saw the same problems with one of my colleague's PC. Try this 3 things to see if it helps

You might be right. Just last week I am using IE6. But because of this problem, I uninstall Java and IE6. Install IE8 and Java with the latest version.

It work for 2 days(or less) and I am back to this problem again. :(

1)Clear the Cache. Internet Options -> Delete Browsing History. Make sure to delete everything...

Will try your step tonite :wink: Thanks.