• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ugly Singaporeans - At Hans NLB

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are living in a dreamworld. If I had a food tray with me or I am at a library but there are tables that are taken up for the wrong reasons, I know exactly what to do. And I don't make friends with imbeciles. You and I know exactly why kind of people we are dealing with.

We have laws because the world will never be inherited by the weak or less forceful. We can't be vigilantes because its hard to draw the line before something becomes excessive. Not everyone will look at Ramseth and cave in with a smile, apologise with sincerity and strike a life long friendship orginating from the inconsiderate act.

This phenomena was rare and now its commonplace. The only people that I know acted quickly was the Civil Aviation Authority.

At Hans, the uncle told 2 young girls to give one table and 2 seats for a caucasian lady holding a tray and a son in tow. They ignored him. He then appealed to them in again. They started to clear one tale but one of the girls did not want to remove her bag from the chair. He had to tell that. During the entire episode, both the girls did not utter a word but just glared.

Any longer and I would have stepped in but not with the intention of forming a life long friendship but more on a lecture. We spent the next half an hour watching the scene and it was no different.

My friend felt that Han was partly to blame as they should have put on more seats. To me thats extra rental as more space will be required and its not fair on a businessman who has to add for the social cost. It might be more prudent to have displayed the sign prohibiting studying at the tables.

Next time, you want to part the red sea, get a grip on reality.

Good one that. Sounds a bit harsh on Ramseth but agree with your position. Selfishness and the total lack of civic consiousness are bred from young. We can extrapolate from here what will become of our sciety in the future. Problem is, though, these kids dont even know the meaning of selfishness and uncivic behaviou. That is the real problem. I dont see it becoming better in the future; it's a spillover from our political climate.

tomoko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem is, though, these kids dont even know the meaning of selfishness and uncivic behaviou.

If these kids are not shown what is civic behaviour, they will grow up and become that ulgy Singaporean. :biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup seen this many a time, also at Starbucks etc. Sad to say but ang mohs really know how best to handle such matters.

Popped over to NLB, yes the scene of the infamous "Bin Hee Heng bicycle must lock in front of main doors" incident.

Saw couple of students occuppying tables and seats with books sprawled and the ever present 95% finished beverage. 4seaters occupied by 2 students while their bags took space on 2 chairs etc etc etc.

People with food trays moving around looking for space. Hans uncle trying his best to speak to the kids to give up space. Very reluctant.

What can be done? Seems endemic in many places. All locals by the way.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought you would say melayu gals:biggrin:
It's the fucking sinkee bitch syndrome in tow again. If these were 2 young guys sitting they would not behave like this. I can almost bet those 2 gals were chinese, if your born chinese and a gal it's like nobody dares offend you at least a chinese guy wun dare do that.

Go observe yourself and u'll see sinkee bitches are always the ones behaving badly and they are chinese always.

tomoko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jah_rastafar_I said:
Go observe yourself and u'll see sinkee bitches are always the ones behaving badly and they are chinese always.

This is simply because chinese is the majority and chances are that you will see a chinese with such sinkie behavior :biggrin:

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Civility deserves civility. Likewise the reverse is true. If they are not civil, no need to paiseh, just sit at those "choped" seats and enjoy your meal.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont see it becoming better in the future; it's a spillover from our political climate.

Bro, you might be right Someone once told me that as society becomes pressured and there is no sense of ownership in the country, personal behaviour will deteriorate. Kids will show the first sign as they are not set in their ways.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you might be right Someone once told me that as society becomes pressured and there is no sense of ownership in the country, personal behaviour will deteriorate. Kids will show the first sign as they are not set in their ways.

That's true. :smile: So what can be done to rectify this?

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Society as a whole has to rethink how fast the rate of progress has to be in a limited space environment. Are we prepared to accept these side effects.

Against a worsening economic backdrop, do you really think society even cares to think? Who even cares to think what they invest their hard earned money in and how far down the ladder of priorities is "managing" the children they produced?

What rate of progress? Everyone except civil servants with iron rice bowls are worried. The latter group are still wining and dining.

The kids behaving badly aren't side effects of economic progression. They are a result of a generation of people ill-equipped to be parents, yet getting married and giving birth. :smile:

You think parents in sinkieland actually care for their children's future the way Obama wishes his daughters have a better life? :smile:

Lastly, the uncle at Hans has always been overbearing to say the least. I'm not going to go into how he goes around lording over & bullying well meaning, paying customers. Funny how some school girls gave him the attitude he gave everyone else.

Don't believe me? Hang out more at Hans and you will know what I mean.

For the teens, there are so many more dumb things and rude behaviour displayed everywhere in sinkie land daily. Take MRT or bus after school hours and you can find out exactly how doomed this c(o)untry is.

I have sat in Fish and Co and watched JC students take TEN MINUTES trying to count how many people they have in their group in order to get the right number of place settings on the table. You know something is wrong when seventeen year olds cannot count to twenty. You know something is wrong when more than a dozen teens meander and have zero sense of leadership, ie: not a single kid took charge of the situation and everybody was talking all at once while not being able to count despite taking O Levels already.

They are just manifesting the rot that we see everywhere. On the bright side, they will have to bear the consequences of everything that has gone wrong here in the future. :smile::smile::smile:

By then, they will be the ones looking for jobs at the IR and selling themselves on the street. Hopefully, they can count enough to feed themselves whatever pittance they can make. :cool::cool::cool:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Against a worsening economic backdrop, do you really think society even cares to think? Who even cares to think what they invest their hard earned money in and how far down the ladder of priorities is "managing" the children they produced?

Agree that now is not the time when survival is more an issue.

They are a result of a generation of people ill-equipped to be parents, yet getting married and giving birth. :smile:

You think parents in sinkieland actually care for their children's future the way Obama wishes his daughters have a better life? :smile:

When both parents work to pay for the pigeonholes, the kids are neglected. Society has to determine if economic activity is the end all. When countries who are now classified as 1st world began to develop, one parent was still watching and nurturing the kids. Notice how these societies have turned "barbarians" from Japan to the US as relatively more gracious and considerate members of society.

Compared that to India, China etc where GDP growth is phenomenal but graciousness is not perceptible. Look at the Singapore kids that came out from WW11 to the 1980s. They seem to be better behaved and better mannered.

Lastly, the uncle at Hans has always been overbearing to say the least. I'm not going to go into how he goes around lording over & bullying well meaning, paying customers. Funny how some school girls gave him the attitude he gave everyone else.

Don't believe me? Hang out more at Hans and you will know what I mean.
:

Aiyah, its not only at Hans and nothing to do with the Uncle. You can see this behaviour at starbucks, coffeeclubs, regional libraries etc.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that now is not the time when survival is more an issue.

When both parents work to pay for the pigeonholes, the kids are neglected. Society has to determine if economic activity is the end all. When countries who are now classified as 1st world began to develop, one parent was still watching and nurturing the kids. Notice how these societies have turned "barbarians" from Japan to the US as relatively more gracious and considerate members of society.

Compared that to India, China etc where GDP growth is phenomenal but graciousness is not perceptible. Look at the Singapore kids that came out from WW11 to the 1980s. They seem to be better behaved and better mannered.

Aiyah, its not only at Hans and nothing to do with the Uncle. You can see this behaviour at starbucks, coffeeclubs, regional libraries etc.

Good points, especially about the parents working hard to pay for the pigeonholes and neglecting the children. :smile: The pervasive materialism in main stream media is also to blame for the warped views that some of the young have.:cool:

Anyway, my comments aren't a personal attack on your opinions. I'm just frustrated at the younger generation today and increasingly, I find that it's the parents' (generation) fault more than the young, not that they aren't responsible for themselves at that age.

The biggest subprime isn't in property. The future (economic) subprime may be in consumer credit, BUT the biggest problem yet is the apathetic and self centered teens we have here.

From an educator's point of view, the parents really aren't helping.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pervasive materialism in main stream media is also to blame for the warped views that some of the young have.:cool:.

Agree

Anyway, my comments aren't a personal attack on your opinions..

Never took it as such. Did realise your passion coming across in this topic.

I'm just frustrated at the younger generation today and increasingly, I find that it's the parents' (generation) fault more than the young, not that they aren't responsible for themselves at that age..

Its a difficult to nail the dynamics behind this.

The biggest subprime isn't in property. The future (economic) subprime may be in consumer credit, BUT the biggest problem yet is the apathetic and self centered teens we have here.

From an educator's point of view, the parents really aren't helping.

Consumer credit is certainly a looming issue. Always found it odd that there is still no positive credit bureau operating here.

I do notice that parents now seem to blame everyone else but the kids when something goes wrong.

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true. :smile: So what can be done to rectify this?

Stand up and push back the tide. Problem is there're too few of us doing that. Restaurants which cannot tolerate this are very gently gently and meekly put up little signs and telling their staff to nicely nicely speak with the kids but these do not work. There's not enough hue and cry to wake them up from the stupor. I've done my part; each time I speak loudly to my kids "dont study in restaurants like those kids over there, or if you have to because of your friends, make sure you dont occupy extra seats or stay more than an hour, the restaurant need to do business and we wouldnt want others to do this in our own restaurants" all the other tables - the parents and kids - will look at me dumbfounded. I think this is also a parents' problem as well -- the kiasu low quality low class Singaporeans who are now parents are not teaching their kids what they should be teaching. Just stand around and watch a shopping centre promotion, you'll find adults pushing away the kids to fight for balloons! These parents ought to get a whack on their heads. But our political leadership who have the greatest influence on the citizens' social behaviour, dont give a damn because these are the kind of parent voters who need our political leaders! The biggest ugly Singaporean is the old Mentor himself. Not that I'm suggesting the government take this up, but there's no denying our society have come to the stage where nothing can be done without the government hand. All grassroot and civil society have been "matrixed" by the PAP government.

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Society as a whole has to rethink how fast the rate of progress has to be in a limited space environment. Are we prepared to accept these side effects.

Bro, I do think the said society is way past its ability to do all that i.e. think about society. Only the PAP government can do the thinking. The rest of us who can think are too small in numbers to make a difference, and anyway, it's more enjoyable to make heaps of money can to tangle with the men in white. You raise your sword in the air and cry "charge" you'll find yourself alone out there on your horse while the rest of your battalion - the ignorant and helplessly hopeless peasants who whine all day and whom people like us want to help - will be looking the other way.

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't even deal with a bunch of kids ?

Its exam time so if they are studying on the tables why not ? You want them to stick around in Lan shops ?

To say that they are all locals are mere assumption. 20 percent of our student population now are Foreign Thrash.

Dan

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such a loaded topic title.

Ugly Singaporeans ?

What can more be more ugly then to pick on your fellow citizens who have been brainwashed by the media to condemn one another on a daily basis.

In LKY's Singapore,

Singaporeans = ugly, lazy, welfare dependent, complaining all the time, waiting for governemtn hand outs, and ignorant.

FTs = saviours of our country and economy, brilliant and motivated, enlighten and highly skilled folks who have every right to kick all Singaporean lazy arse.

So go on and continue to belittle and despise your fellow Singaporean.

Dan