• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TRE To be Gazetted

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure that most of you would have realised by now that Gazetting is likely. Well the latest is that they are waiting to see Richard Wan's position before the move is made. It would not be fair as TOC is already gazetted and it would look odd that TRE is left alone especially so since they have identified their local Editor. The indications are that there are 3 separate entities with separate motives that behind TRE. The most influential are those behind the commercial success behind the site and there has been a steady revenue that cannot be ignored. This group is keen to proceed as having built a following feel that it can continue to function commercially even if they are fall in line with local laws and conditions. The second is Joe Ong and it does benefit the first group anything that is opposition fodder is game as in the YSL case. Joe is satisfied and the money is good. The third entity is Richard Wan, a misguided soul who is keen for a popular vehicle to carry his agenda. I am sure that many people have no idea how TRE evolved. I am sure Richard too has no idea.

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well the latest is that they are waiting to see Richard Wan's position before the move is made.
"TRE, Lee Hsien Yang reach amicable settlement - Channel NewsAsia"
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?110798

TRE said no monies were involved in the settlement.

Mr Lee's lawyer said: "My client is satisfied that his requests have been met, that the false and defamatory postings have been removed and that TRE has acknowledged and expressed regret over this posting. The vindication of his name and reputation is important."

legal_bastard

Alfrescian
Loyal
"TRE, Lee Hsien Yang reach amicable settlement - Channel NewsAsia"
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?110798

so again, the rich and the powerful win.
does truth matter at all in our society?
those who sue do so because they have the money and the power to bully, to scare you, to make your life a living hell,
you commit suicide because you cannot pay your debts and they wonder why?

to the potential suers (where is FMH?)
all i can say is : GOD CAN SEE

and will i be sued for saying burn in hell?
if yes, then please, im speculating

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most influential are those behind the commercial success behind the site and there has been a steady revenue that cannot be ignored. This group is keen to proceed as having built a following feel that it can continue to function commercially even if they are fall in line with local laws and conditions. The second is Joe Ong and it does benefit the first group anything that is opposition fodder is game as in the YSL case. Joe is satisfied and the money is good. The third entity is Richard Wan, a misguided soul who is keen for a popular vehicle to carry his agenda. I am sure that many people have no idea how TRE evolved. I am sure Richard too has no idea.

Once gazetted, all the agendas and dreams will be put to an abrupt end. I doubt TRE will continue to appeal and attract the kind of attention of those who hunger for genuine and juicy stuff which they do not want us to know. If anything, TRE and TOC can only meow meekly under their watchful eyes. The most they can stretch is nothing more than being an extended platform to glorify the farts of those political writers in mainstream media.

Last edited:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that the PAP has no intention of Gazetting TRemeritus.com. they want it closed and dead.

I am pretty sure that after Lee Hsien Yang, another one will be sending legal letter to TRemeritus to further discredit them, MSM will further report the legal proceeding and let the world know yet another article is removed from TREmeritus because lacking of evidence.

Already we are seeing this happening now.It is only time that TREmeritus is made to shut down through legal means.

Thanks to Richard Wan, all the netizens are being seen as spreading defamation on the Garment. It is really an idiotic move for him to reveal himself. In Hong Kong, this is call death on seeing the light. He is over his head thinking thathe is invincible and never thought that with so many years of whacking PAP, PAP would let by pass be by pass?

I can guaranttee you that PAP will not only go for his reputation, sooner or later, cut him off from Government projects and attack his business.

In defense, one should hide under nineth earth and when opponent is strong, avoid direct conflict.This is the basics of war. As what is shown on the MSM, these people cannot touch you as long as you are anonymous.

Richard Wan should just resign from TREmeritus to ensure its continuity.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure that most of you would have realised by now that Gazetting is likely. Well the latest is that they are waiting to see Richard Wan's position before the move is made. It would not be fair as TOC is already gazetted and it would look odd that TRE is left alone especially so since they have identified their local Editor. The indications are that there are 3 separate entities with separate motives that behind TRE. The most influential are those behind the commercial success behind the site and there has been a steady revenue that cannot be ignored. This group is keen to proceed as having built a following feel that it can continue to function commercially even if they are fall in line with local laws and conditions. The second is Joe Ong and it does benefit the first group anything that is opposition fodder is game as in the YSL case. Joe is satisfied and the money is good. The third entity is Richard Wan, a misguided soul who is keen for a popular vehicle to carry his agenda. I am sure that many people have no idea how TRE evolved. I am sure Richard too has no idea.

if richard wan feels the pressure is too much and too sustained, he would probably give up tre. the first group, those who see tr as an ads/scam site (what happened to their credit card refunds?) would see that it is not in their business model to have tre as sedated as toc. they want controversy, any controversy to attract visits. something like xiaxue. joseph ong is involved still. that attack of ysl has that anti-wp streak of the tr of old under dr ong.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gazetting TRE will force the site to reveal the names of it other editors and administrators who remains anonymous till now.

Checkmate on TRE..

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prominent names were probably "defamed" on that site: Foo Mee Har, Tin Pei Ling, Shanmugam and various others. They probably met up with their legal representatives. Good Luck to Richard Wan.

Doubt they will gazette TRE. One key reason TOC was gazetted because they organized physical activities. Gazette requires the website to show their accounts, which I doubt they have proper book keeping in the first place.

I think Richard Wan is made used by the editors from other countries. God knows who they are. I remember TRE even had one editor in Congo or Panama or Bahama or Fiji Island or Antarctica?

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
. The third entity is Richard Wan, a misguided soul who is keen for a popular vehicle to carry his agenda. .

What if Kojakbt aka Richard Wan was planted by PAP?

Why?

Because look at his stake?

CEO of a multi million dollar company whose whole eexistence is dependent on government funding.

Awww come on fellas,can't you tell a pink elephant when you see one?

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
richard wan doesnt look like a hero in the making. more like the fall guy who thinks he know what might hit him but didnt expect it to hit him so fast. either that or he is a plant by pap. or was it TOC who managed to "expose" richard to the public at the toc/tre faceoff?

where is this joe/joseph ong now? is he one of the editors "based overseas"? is he matthew chua?

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway Richard Wan had been compromised. Any article or comments to TRE might be recorded by the govt IB team and identity of the poster will be logged and archived for future use. Because we don't know the inner workings of the website, we would not know who had the control of the web server and can install logging system into it.

At least ah Sam is anonymous, and working overseas, and had been proven time and time again to protect the anonymity of forummers.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most likely TRE is gone case liao.
It is beginning to lost all it's credibility amidst the endless lawsuits filed against her.
Every time a lawsuit is sent, it apologises and removes the article and compromise to all the demands of the suer.
If this goes on, who will ever believes what she says?
Who will want to read her articles?

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going to court and making payments to the winner is the same principle as trading business.

Court is not a place for the rich and wealthy to make money from court cases that many people think the wealthy can make money for legal re-dress. Even lawyers also lose money and can have their legal pratice license revoked if they screwed up the case.

Civil court case is not scary and more edcuation are needed to overcome this fear of getting lawyer letter and going to court.

Criminnal cases are handled by Police and the Prosceutors are judicary system lawyers funded by tax payers money. Police case is criminal and go to jail whereas civil case is payment for the court services rendered and loser pay both sides and winner claimed court costs from the loser. Some cases plaintiff gets nothing $0 from the judge decision and both parties pay their own legal bills.

For civil cases there are disputes of business claims, car accidents, landlord and tenant, contractor and owner disputes and even civil defamation suit. End of the day lawyers make the all the money and both parties loses. When the case is over and court costs is settled payments begin.

To claim court costs, in layman term winner of the case is asking for payment, if you are winner is a long road ahead. Those with experiences in court cases are suprised losers become winners and winners loss the lot. To claim court costs you have to produce invoices and demand for payment. No money how to pay? take away your assets only.

Court police go to your house and take away your TVs and fridges, sofa sets to sell. Is that all? Yes. The most no TV to see tonight and no fridge go eat outside lah! If car under loan court don't touch the car and they are responsible for pay the debt if you reported it as being 'car seized by court order'. Car paid off then car also take away by court police. It depends is the car present at the time the court police come. Court police don't come 2nd time and the winner have to apply for court order and court police and all shits paperwork to seize goods from loser again. Si beh boh eng!

White goods nowadays worth nothing and thanks to the PRC for making things dirt cheap to own and 2ndhands white goods nobody want, espcially in Asia.

If you are smart live with cheap and used 2ndhand white goods and furnitures worth nothings. It costs some fees to apply for court orders and court Police and sometimes the costs is not worth it after selling all those used 2ndhand white goods in auctions.

Then you are send to court again by the winner to demand payment, so bargaining begins and say you can afford $50 a month from your salary and court agreed. You pay a few months and stop payment and the winner lanlan have to take you to court again and start all over. Finally the winner will give up and cut loss. Too tedious and time wasted to repeat the process and you think the wealthy people want to go though all the duress to get the money from you?

These are common problems between landlord and tenant, contractors and small businesses faced when taking someone to court. Si beh boh eng busy taking people to court is waste of time. This system is set up to frustrate the wealthy and rich that making money in court case are not easy as it seems.

so again, the rich and the powerful win.
does truth matter at all in our society?
those who sue do so because they have the money and the power to bully, to scare you, to make your life a living hell,
you commit suicide because you cannot pay your debts and they wonder why?

to the potential suers (where is FMH?)
all i can say is : GOD CAN SEE

and will i be sued for saying burn in hell?
if yes, then please, im speculating