• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top 7 tips to score A in O-level Literature

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who knows? Didn’t you serial liar @glockman clone son of prostitite say you got grandson? My charity tips will be of great use then.

You should be the instructress for Blowjobs.
Start a skillfuture course and teach pathetic sinkie women how to suck a cock skilfully like you do.
suck-cock-from-behind.gif

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to score A1 for WetSummerNight’s Dream?
Catching you gigolo telling lies of no sinkie wife while you self admit got rich landed sinkie father in law is my most satisfying life achievement in this year so far. Thanks to the might and power of English literature indeed.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. I never read the actual Shakespeare texts but only depended on guide books such as Cliff Notes. During the exams, I just smoked my way through in a convincing manner. And I had an A for the subject.
It is not just Shakespeare. How about English literature books aka novels? Don’t tell me you didn’t read them more than once?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy last 5 years assessments for reference simple as that. There are few core or basic questions every year sure must ask wan that's already 40~50% marks. Still don't understand why you can post this type of thread in this forum /roflmao.... gin gin no wonder Sam loves you.......
You mean ten years series? I don’t even remember whether got such thing for literature but i remember they are useful for scoring math science subjects. Not for literature.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know many happy people around me who did not do well for their O Levels literature during their younger years.
I read somewhere that the best authors are never happy people as you need to go through some shit in life to be able to come up with compelling novels.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope but my recent catching of Malaysian gigolo @LordElrond is solid proof that English literature is very useful beyond O level. It will help people to sound like an investment expert or even doctor too.
Sounding like an expert is also good for acing interview. No wonder I always can get a job.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should be the instructress for Blowjobs.
Start a skillfuture course and teach pathetic sinkie women how to suck a cock skilfully like you do.
suck-cock-from-behind.gif
How many times must I tell you I am a virgin in every sense? Pui your evil filthy whore mother wife daughters phua cb!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Catching you gigolo telling lies of no sinkie wife while you self admit got rich landed sinkie father in law is my most satisfying life achievement in this year so far. Thanks to the might and power of English literature indeed.
Very satisfying indeed.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
4. Scratch beneath the surface.

In order to achieve high marks you need to show that you have a deeper understanding of the texts you have read. Merely laying out the plot will not do.

You have to demonstrate that you caught on to the main themes of the text, understood the writer’s concerns and identified the effect he wanted to create.

On the one hand, the beauty of the literary text consists in the fact that everyone may have their own opinion on what the writer had meant.

However if the written work in question was extensively discussed during the course then it is perhaps wiser to stick to the interpretation which was agreed upon in the class.

5. Support what you have written with textual evidence.

If you think that you can just write your opinion down and call it a day you are mistaken. It is essential that you support your point with the evidence that is present in the text.

However, try not to devote too much space to writing down the quotes from the author. Simply copy-pasting author’s words from memory onto your exam paper will not do you any good.

It is much better if their words are interwoven with your ideas serve to prove your opinions.

6. Make sure that your essay is well organised and coherent.

That's another one of those points that may seem obvious but still needs reminding.

Examiners cannot give you full marks if they don't understand what you're trying to say. So first of all make sure that your point is as clear as a bell.

In addition, organise your writing into neat paragraphs and make sure that sentences are linked to one another in a coherent manner.

These essay-writing tips are rather basic, but that is precisely the reason why they are considered essential.

7. Comment on the way specific writers use the language to express their ideas.

That is yet another thing you must be able to do if you have high hopes of achieving a high band score.

You must be able to not only comment on the content of the text but also on the style in which the writer chose to present it. So knowing words such as metaphor, simile and metonymy etc. is most definitely a good idea.

You should be able to identify where the writer uses these and other literary device and for what purpose.

What was he/she hoping to achieve by using this specific device? Did they succeed in their intention?

Demonstrating your ability to do this will show the examiner that you are capable of objectively criticising works of literature.

To conclude - don't just memorize the texts, actually think about it, scratch beneath the surface, try to understand what the author was trying to say and why was it so important for them to say it at the time they were saying it.
ginfuck owns tutorcity and is a male in disguise???!!!!!