• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top 20 non Americana/Anglo centric movies in history

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah... really too boring. brain in neutral eat popcorn. even the so called award winning ones.

Tell you what though, 2 movies or more accurately 2 directors in the anglo world still stand out for me.

Wes Anderson for the Grand Budapest Hotel

and George Miller for Mad Max and Happy Feet.
Thankfully no mention of Christopher Nolan. His movies go from bad to worst.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thankfully no mention of Christopher Nolan. His movies go from bad to worst.
I call Nolan's movies bukakke movies. Too much of too much and everytime his movies reach a climax it becomes unwatchable because the score drowns out the dialogue. The only Nolan movie that I actually like is Interstellar and possibly memento. His Batman and that dream movie thing with Leo di Caprio are bukkake movies.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh really? I had no idea. I was too obsessed trying to figure out what the killer beast was. Thanks for the info!

Actually I was squinting really hard trying to figure out if it was really Mark Dacascos or not. After halfway decided that it really was him... I don't know if you know, but HK kungfu movies are really popular not only in the US but in France too. I guess it was an easy decision for them to hire Yuen Woo Ping.

Speaking of Mark, I remember him in the film crying freeman. His antagonist was one of the best Japanese actors I have watched play a yakuza boss. Not a Yakuza boss realistically, but what a non-Yakuza thinks a boss should look like. Name escapes me.

You not only watch expert but movie expert too. :thumbsup: Tell me. How in the world do you choose what movies to watch?

I get so fed up watching lousy movie end up not watching at all.
When you are unmarried, you have plenty of time on your hands to indulge in healthy hobbies. I'm into watches, movies, classical music, photography, electronic gadgets, illustrations, hifi audio.... :wink:

I just picked up a new hobby not too long ago : de-googling my old phones. You have no idea how much data Google and Apple syphon from your personal life.

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I call Nolan's movies bukakke movies. Too much of too much and everytime his movies reach a climax it becomes unwatchable because the score drowns out the dialogue. The only Nolan movie that I actually like is Interstellar and possibly memento. His Batman and that dream movie thing with Leo di Caprio are bukkake movies.
He's simply too atas for his own good. I only love Michael Mann movies although his later ones sucked after Collateral.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are unmarried, you have plenty of time on your time to indulge in healthy hobbies. I'm into watches, movies, photography, electronic gadgets, illustrations, hifi audio.... :wink:

I just picked up a newhobb not too long ago : de-googling my old phones. You have no idea how much data Google syphons from your personal life.
And indulge you obviously do! :geek:

simi si newhobb? Data sucking by google? I've heard about it and I can imagine, but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it how much they're actually mining me for...:confused:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's simply too atas for his own good. I only love Michael Mann movies although his later ones sucked after Collateral.

yes Michael Mann. He can somehow delve into the real world and still make it look like a movie. Or make a movie that looks like the real world. I dunno which...:tongue:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And indulge you obviously do! :geek:

simi si newhobb? Data sucking by google? I've heard about it and I can imagine, but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it how much they're actually mining me for...:confused:
There's a good reason why your phone still suck juice even when you're not using it when you're sleeping This guy really changed my whole perspective on how big techs are infiltrating our lives. He used to work as a IT security contractor for the US government.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes Michael Mann. He can somehow delve into the real world and still make it look like a movie. Or make a movie that looks like the real world. I dunno which...:tongue:
He will be forever remembered for creating the best shootout scene in movie history. He used the actual sound of blank bullets instead of doing it in post-production and have the actors trained with real weapons for their respective roles. I salute this kind of dedication.

Last edited:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will be forever remembered for creating the best shootout scene in movie history. He used the actual sound of blank bullets instead of doing it in post-productionand have the actors trained with real weapons for their respective roles. I saute this kind of dedication.

oooo.... I never saw that one. I'll go and see if I can watch it. thks for the tip! :thumbsup:

I guess it's that dedication that makes his movies have that realistic edge.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every film school in the US uses this movie to teach students how to make a good action movie.

Last edited: