• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Too Much Complexity

Sayn

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is truly difficult for an average joe like me in singapore. To buy a car, to buy a house, to get an COE et al.

Why is it so complicated, multiple rules and ad hoc rulings, all of which is basically the sign of a bloated and inefficient civil service.

Take the mundane task of leasing a HDB flat from the government for 99 years, it seems that i have to refer to HDB, refer to CPF, refer to banks, just to determine, what subsidies i can qualify for, what loans i can take etc.

Needless complexity, when we can use the time spent to understand these useless artifcial constructs that are only applicable in singapore, on more productive matters.

I suppose if you cannot rule a population by force, you can always divert the population into mindless activities to make sure, that they do not engage in political discourse.

sayn

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
the myriad rules at HDB, MOH, CPF etc are meant to restrict easy access by lesser mortals to government handouts and grants, or their own CPF dough...

at least the e-gov initiatives introduced some efficiencies, at high cost of course...

the process improvement and quality circles they do year in year out look like a farce sometimes...

the psychological view of the civil service appears to be that the human animal is lazy and unmotivated by nature, and needs to be goaded with threats and carrots to improve his own life or wake up to go to work...

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the myriad rules at HDB, MOH, CPF etc are meant to restrict easy access by lesser mortals to government handouts and grants...

at least the e-gov initiatives introduced some efficiencies, at high cost of course...

but if, you are a member of "hitler's youth' (like RC's CCC's etc), you will be like 'spiderman' be able to walk across the web spun...it is a matter of connections...:p

jw5

Loyal
It is truly difficult for an average joe like me in singapore. To buy a car, to buy a house, to get an COE et al.

Why is it so complicated, multiple rules and ad hoc rulings, all of which is basically the sign of a bloated and inefficient civil service.

Take the mundane task of leasing a HDB flat from the government for 99 years, it seems that i have to refer to HDB, refer to CPF, refer to banks, just to determine, what subsidies i can qualify for, what loans i can take etc.

Needless complexity, when we can use the time spent to understand these useless artifcial constructs that are only applicable in singapore, on more productive matters.

I suppose if you cannot rule a population by force, you can always divert the population into mindless activities to make sure, that they do not engage in political discourse.

sayn
That's why it's important to keep your life simple.