• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Too fast too furious in Orchard Rd

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
from tangs there towards plaza singapura then turn at fort canning up to oxley towards the singtel building to wisma to trader's hotel, round at tanglin mall then towards tangs again. but the route can change to a shorter one depending on the situation.

Sounds like u're one of them. Alfa Romeo GT?:wink:

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, how come the reporter go to Orchard road and can find 20 racers. Yet the police talk cock about catching them. The police afraid their cheap cars too slow to give chase izzit? I also want to know where is the Orchard Gudang. I want to chip out my ride to about 350 hp, and see whether these fuckers can beat me.

350bhp?

You'll need more then that if you wanna win the big boys.

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well... the typical case of no police when you need them....

Whats the point of having WRX when they are parked along expressway doing nothing....

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well... the typical case of no police when you need them....

Whats the point of having WRX when they are parked along expressway doing nothing....

Not doing nothing hor...

The mentioned WRXs do make nice festive season decorations on the road with all their flashing lights and all!

:biggrin:

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not doing nothing hor...

The mentioned WRXs do make nice festive season decorations on the road with all their flashing lights and all!

:biggrin:

Police's WRX will have a tough time keeping up with those street racers.

A base WRX puts out around 220bhp at the crank and has a curb weight of around 1400kgs. Throw in the police equipment, 1 driver and passenger, you could be looking at around 1700kgs or more.

This works out to around 130bhp per ton. Factor in transmission losses...

Depending on who they're up against, their chances could either be slim or non-existent.

A EG or EK with the right modifications and a good driver will drive circles around them.

Those of us who've been around long enough would have heard stories of U-series Bluebirds and E-series Corollas playing catching with a couple of 318s in Marina driving around in circles till the latter gave up.

Ended up with the CB750s being called in and the AYE being used as a race track and one 318 crashing into a CB750 before the chase was called off.

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now TP using VFRs as their main assault vehicle sia...

V-Twin engine, fast for a bike...

But compare to the rest of the sports bikes, still considered mid range class...

TP buay tahan sit pure sports bikes for whole day, their lum pa and kar chng will ache sia...

:p

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police's WRX will have a tough time keeping up with those street racers.

A base WRX puts out around 220bhp at the crank and has a curb weight of around 1400kgs. Throw in the police equipment, 1 driver and passenger, you could be looking at around 1700kgs or more.

This works out to around 130bhp per ton. Factor in transmission losses...

Depending on who they're up against, their chances could either be slim or non-existent.

A EG or EK with the right modifications and a good driver will drive circles around them.

Those of us who've been around long enough would have heard stories of U-series Bluebirds and E-series Corollas playing catching with a couple of 318s in Marina driving around in circles till the latter gave up.

Ended up with the CB750s being called in and the AYE being used as a race track and one 318 crashing into a CB750 before the chase was called off.

I heard from some old timers that TPs must chase the speedsters down and get them to stop then considered win sia, they cannot memorise number plates and send notices one to the cars that they are chasing... if they do is very malu one...

How true?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah Singapore has an Initial D??

Their lives should be made into a movie, there may be a chance for Cannes if the local industry bucks up and doesn't screw it.

I challenge them to drive uphill.

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20090415-135352.html

Wed, Apr 15, 2009
my paper

20090415.114904_fast_rotator.jpg

Too fast too furious in Orchard Rd

by DARYLL NANAYAKARA

They tear down Orchard Road in the wee hours of the morning at breakneck speeds, with little regard for others' safety.

To them, the adrenaline rush of the race is everything.

These illegal racers brag about their exploits and have even come up with a map of their 10km racing circuit, which they dub the "Orchard Gudang" - named after the Pasir Gudang circuit, a legal, 4km race circuit in Johor Baru, Malaysia.

Besides risking their lives, they also risk running foul of the law.

A police spokesman told my paper: "The Traffic Police are aware of some motorists speeding and driving recklessly in the Orchard Road area."

He added that the police are "monitoring the situation and have been taking enforcement actions".

The actions of these racers have drawn concern from legitimate racers like Mr Kenny Yap, 27, a public-relations consultant.

Mr Yap, who has been racing on Malaysia's Pasir Gudang and Sepang tracks for almost eight years, said: "The risk is not worth the lifetime of consequences should something go wrong.

"Go to a proper venue to race because, otherwise, you are endangering not only yourself, but other road users as well."

One former racer explained that the races in the Orchard Road area boil down to two things: reputation and attention.

The 26-year-old said: "It feels good to be there, racing against other drivers along the track in a test of speed and skills while others look on.

"Anyone can take part. There is no start or finish line.

If you have the passion for fast cars and racing, all you have to do is go 'rounding' along the track.

"That's how things start - we can recognise who are players on the track and who are not.

It's about baiting or being baited into a race."

When my paper visited the track between 2am and 6am last weekend, there were at least 20 cars taking part in the races, which intensified just after 3.30am.

The cars - mainly high-performance models like Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Evolution - weaved in and out of traffic, at times coming dangerously close to other vehicles.

Things can go horribly wrong - last July, the Internet racing forums here were abuzz with gossip of a Mitsubishi Evo slamming into a taxi, killing the cabby instantly.

Many other minor accidents go unreported, the former racer said. "It is an underground thing... New blood will always come in because they want to play for reputation," he said.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard from some old timers that TPs must chase the speedsters down and get them to stop then considered win sia, they cannot memorise number plates and send notices one to the cars that they are chasing... if they do is very malu one...

How true?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hmm...

Very close...

And the routes that the lead takes is usually not what today's drivers would wanna try at those speeds.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe the orchard gudang route looks something like this??

Attachments

• f&f-orchard.jpg
    f&f-orchard.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 147