• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today and My Paper's report on NDR.. WTF??!!!

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't buy Stinking Times anymore.. cos I dun like the way they cover local news.. I feel it's too lobsided.

However, I do still take the free Today, and My Paper to read.. no cost to me.. so why not?

But having seen Tuesday's edition of both papers.. I think local media is totally screwed..and skewed.

Today got a report calling the NDR speech "refreshing".. *yucks* what is the reporter writing about?
http://www.todayonline.com/Commenta...8-0000023/A-timely-look-at-those-other-issues

And My Paper has a report that goes "PM's speech lauded as wake up call for..."
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120828-367967.html

WTF?!!!! Refreshing? Wake up call?? What's so new about the NDR?? Same frigging thing.. repeated over and over again.. and this is REFRESHING? Telling Sporeans to be tolerant of foreigners.. to not be so kiasu and haf back the kampung spirit.. refreshing ah?

Wake up call for what? If someone takes your job and laughs at you, tells you that your own govt gave them access and free pass to do so.. u tolerate ah? Ya.. wake up call all rite!! Wake up and realize the frigging wayang and fake picture that is being presented!!

How can such reports show up in newspapers? Do these reports really represent the MAJORITY of Sporeans and their views?

I think the 60% better wake up all rite.. lest the 60% sporeans become 60% foreigners in no time. 40% is not too far from 50%.. and the next "hurdle" will be 60%.. better WAKE UP ah!!

Seriously.. all the ridiculousness seems to noe no boungs.. and this is really how I FEEL!

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do u expect the reporters be called into the office for kopi?
N lose the job to aliens?

Journalism here is not the same as in other developed countries.. it just isn't the same.. and for the most part.. most things here is just not first world standard.. or should be a developed country's way of life.. the costs maybe... but otherwise.. sigh..

is it me.. or do i watch too much movies or shows.. where the reporters report the truth and dare to say what is RIGHT?
.. maybe I am watching too much movies... sigh

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Journalism here is not the same as in other developed countries.. it just isn't the same.. and for the most part.. most things here is just not first world standard.. or should be a developed country's way of life.. the costs maybe... but otherwise.. sigh..

is it me.. or do i watch too much movies or shows.. where the reporters report the truth and dare to say what is RIGHT?

Journalism here in Sgp hv AN UNWRITTEN RULE. .......Im sure its in yr mind right now.
Many brilliant ones hv left; coz they cant write from their own hearts, minds, feelings......in all honesty!

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Journalism here in Sgp hv AN UNWRITTEN RULE. .......Im sure its in yr mind right now.
Many brilliant ones hv left; coz they cant write from their own hearts, minds, feelings......in all honesty!

Touche'.. and I can't help but wonder if the ppl who or person or persons who made this heppen.. actually realize that they haf successfully "killed" a very good source of "brain food" for Sporeans.. cos I believe that everyone needs different views to be presented.. and then.. to have their own intiative to want to find the real truth.. and then seek it out.. without this.. everyone just gets lazy.. and even worse.. can't be bothered.

So.. it ends up that the ppl who 'crafted' such 'unwritten rules' haf made a few generations of sporeans who.. either follow like sheep.. or can't be bothered.. well.. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.. no?