• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TOC to be gazetted as a political association

Singaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think it has something to do with this?

Got it from here: http://newasiarepublic.com/?p=22730

This guy thinks its cos TOC has foreign involvement...

Tuesday, 11 January 2011
TOC had it coming
at 11:07:00 AM
http://wherebearsroamfree.blogspot.com/2011/01/toc-had-it-coming.html

BREAKING NEWS: PM wants TOC gazetted as Political Association

The Prime Minister of Singapore has revealed his intentions to declare The Online Citizen as a political association.

According to an email sent to TOC at 5pm yesterday evening by the Prime Minister’s office, the Prime Minister ”intends to declare the owners, editorial team, and administrators of The Online Citizen, by order in the Gazette, to be a political association for the purposes of the Political Donations Act. The owners, editorial team, and administrators of The Online Citizen have been determined to be an organization whose objects or activities relate wholly or mainly to politics in Singapore.

This means that TOC is barred from receiving funds from foreign donors, letting foreigners take part in its events, operating as a political party and being affiliated to any local or foreign political party.

It is also not allowed to use its funds, premises and new media platforms in any election here, including the sponsoring of any candidate or member.

TOC has 14 days to reveal the identities of its owners, editorial team and administrators. TOC is also required to designate a President, Treasurer and Secretary of the association, and they will be responsible for the preparation and accuracy of the donations reports for The Online Citizen.

The last group to be gazetted is human rights advocacy NGO Maruah in November last year. Maruah is the fourth group -after the Open Singapore Centre, the Think Centre and Singaporeans For Democracy – to be gazetted as a political association.

If TOC complies, it will be the fifth. It will also be the first time bloggers are considered a political association.

Shall I say I told you so? OK. I told you so!

Why is TOC among all political blogs singled out? Why not the fast expanding and definitely more high traffic attracting website, Temasek Review?

Why just TOC, among hundreds of blogs used by their respective authors/admins to promote their political views and agenda?

I will tell you why.

It is because of their Foreign Involvement.

Yes, Foreign Involvement (spelt with a capital "F" and a capital "I"), the dirty taboo no-go area in Sinkie politics.

I told you so.
I told you so.
I told you so.

In Sinkiepore, the taboo area in politics is foreign involvement.

I have said that many, many, many.....many times. But there are smart asses who think they know better.

TOC broke that unwritten rule, which is a taboo area, and they are now paying the price.

Some amateurs just do not know the unwritten rules in Singapore politics to last long enough to make any impact.

Too bad TOC is run by ignorant amateurs and wannabes, who were riding the high-horse, oblivious to what has been going on the ground.

In fact, they have become the very PAPpies they seek to oust - by being out of touch and not listening to feedback.

In any case, this is no real loss. After all, TOC has been promoting sectarian interests. In particular, Western style Human Rights and of course, Gay Rights. Heartland issues were only second to these.

So good riddance and goodbye, TOC. I told you so. Sorry, can't help rubbing it in. You deserve it.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It seems the traffic is very heavy in TOC today, problem getting in to see the latest news. I believed everyone is concerned and started to swear they will kick the ass out of PAP.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be a TR apologist.

Trying to paint TR in a hyper-good light again? No soup for you!

TR readership has decline and only a fool such as Windsor would trust an anonymous blog like that who go around slandering other people.

What is your agenda here?

This is hadly accurate.

When the Dr Ong story broke, TR haters were cackiling that that one of those famous PAP defamation law suits was imminent.

Many months passed and did anything happen? NO.

Then Temasek got into the action over copyrighte. The TR haters cackled that there would be even more law suits, this time on a global scale.

Many months passed and did anything happen? NO.

TR remains up and running. The content has not changed significantly and readership remains more or less where it is.

For reasons unknown, TR seems to be "untouchable".

Gazetting TOC as a political association while allowing TR to go on its merry way simply reinforces this "untouchable" status.

The elephant in the room remains - WHY is TR untouchable?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
For reasons unknown, TR seems to be "untouchable".

Gazetting TOC as a political association while allowing TR to go on its merry way simply reinforces this "untouchable" status.

The elephant in the room remains - WHY is TR untouchable?

TR is "untouchable" because its not a open, public and responsible organisatrion as of TOC. No one know who is the real editors and people behind TR and TR had till date not organise anything for public participation.

If TR's readership is up, it is just like Talkingcock.com, where people read it for fun and laughtor and not because TR has any actual influence.

TOC can be equal as of Mr Brown as people know who they are, what they do and hence, people can trust with respect and responsiblity of the words taken by both TOC and Mr Brown. Hence, this is why PAP takes both TOC and at times Mr brown seriously as well.

TR, with the likes of you, just wnat to make it look as if you are taken serious, yet since you are such a irresponsible trout as of TR, no one will take you serious since your words can not be backed by open action.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe because it is run by foreigners? The only person who know would be its former administrator, Dr Joseph Ong.:biggrin:

WayangPartyClub

Alfrescian
Loyal
TR is not untouchable. How you want TR to register?

Chairperson - Dr Joseph Ong
Vice-chariperson - Dr Joseph Ong a.k.a Molina Han
Treasurer - Dr Joseph Ong a.k.a Pamela Tian
Member - Dr Joseph Ong a.k.a Jeremy Yau
Webmaster - Andrew Tay RTG Asia (x-isd Tay)