• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Time for Ministers and MPs to take Pay Cuts!

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time for pay-cut, its the 1st thing that comes to mind for most business owners. In parallel, retrenchment exercise is also another consideration that most would take.

It is quite obvious that the number of headcounts in the cabinet rated against a small island remains to be justified. To have 1 PM & 2 DPM to run the show is adequate. To have 2 more puppet masters in the backdrop is additional liability. Needless to say, there's also another overpaid figure head in office, who's face is found in most establishments, that adds to the liabilty.

By shedding 10-15% of their fat salaries, they would hardly feel the pinch, while the sum is paramount and can be put to good use in other nationwide subsidizing needs.

Shedding another 10-15% of their redundant headcounts can also help to lighten the burden. Discarding the overaged rusted anchors as seen in the puppeteer & ventriloquist in the backdrop, will most certainly put us back on track.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
10% is nothing to them, just early this most of those scum already got raise of 33%. Less 10% they still got paid more even when economy is back to square one!

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
The government of Singapore believes that good judgment has been exercised in overall in the selection of individuals with talent and desire to serve the nation in the highest capacity. An individuals found otherwise will be thanked for their services and encouraged to move on.

But their judgement is always wrong leh

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The country has been growing well till global recessions, something that Singapore has difficulty in shielding or any other country for that matter of fact. Based on just that, judgement has in general not been too far off. It is admitted there are those who test the judgement of the government of Singapore.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the remunerations for top privater sector executives were to decrease, then it is not unforeseeable that our top executives in the government and glcs will receive corresponding adjustments. The remuneration pegging was done to retain talent who have desire to serve Singapore.

You fool. Can the ministers and top executives get an equivalent paying job in the "real" private sector? They were all highly paid in their previous jobs because most of them were scholars working in GLCs or the uniformed services. How many of them are self-made businessmen (I don't mean lawyers and doctors) or rose to the top in a "real" private company or their chosen industry (could be social work, arts or sports, etc)? It is not necessary for everyone of them to be from the "real" private sector but the representation is certainly lopsided. Looks like success in Singapore can only be defined in a single way.

A more accurate peg would be to peg it to the salaries of other government officials around the world.

Everything in Singapore is so fake, HDB flats, prices and subsidies are fake, ministers' salaries are fake, NS is fake, CPF is fake, mainstream media is fake, MRT/Whitley CCTVs are fake, charities are fake, Olympic medals are fake, etc. Singapore is not only a "fine" country, it is also a "fake" country.

Last edited:

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the GRC scam... how many of us actually get to vote...

Boh lidat lor... nxt election everybody vote... they get 66.6% then they get 66% of the pariahment seat lor... U all say lidat fair onot ar? :biggrin::biggrin:

Actually, even if 80% of sporeans vote against PAP, with GRC, they will STILL win 66.6%.

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you see his standard format reply you know he's from the government....a senior position fella...

I think he is just your punk; prolly PSC grad; trying to get into Pappy, and they are monitoring his performance here to see if he manages to win any converts.

In a way pappy is quite stupid if that is their spin plan. I f they really wanna get converts, they should not send blind loyalists. Instead they should get someone who seems to agree with the oppo, when in fact they are trying to charm people into buying PAP hook line and sinker.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
What makes me wonder though is that if he's really sent by them, then why send a guy who cannot seem to even attempt a normal conversational tone?

Instead this guy resorts to a formal, template style that seems stiff and inflexible. Hardly the guy to start flipping people to their side really.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a way pappy is quite stupid if that is their spin plan. I f they really wanna get converts, they should not send blind loyalists. Instead they should get someone who seems to agree with the oppo, when in fact they are trying to charm people into buying PAP hook line and sinker.

no point lah, all converted to PAP after they joined...like that what do you want guy, hawker center, food court and restaurant...what his name...

and that fella kena charge for OSA became a Minister...funny i can't remember their names, but i can remember Chee Soon Juan and JB Jeyaratnam...lol...

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What makes me wonder though is that if he's really sent by them, then why send a guy who cannot seem to even attempt a normal conversational tone?

maybe they have been picked and trained to be that standard PAP template style, aloof, "objective", like beri pompous high class like that...you can identify govt. people easily using this method....

you see that in the forum page replies regularly...no horse run....

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe they have been picked and trained to be that standard PAP template style, aloof, "objective", like beri pompous high class like that...you can identify govt. people easily using this method....

you see that in the forum page replies regularly...no horse run....

Well, then I think they're so deep in their own world, that they hardly understand. Its sad.