• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiger Airways Hotline Went Dead!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>How can a budget airline linked to SIA offer such poor service?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WANTED to book a surprise birthday trip for my sister and since our birthdays fall within days of each other, I decided a family getaway would be good. On Aug 24, I went to Tiger Airways' website to book my tickets for Sept 18 to 20.
After I confirmed the booking, I realised the month was wrong, probably because I had accidentally scrolled to December instead of September. I immediately called the hotline but could not get through, even after many tries.
Then, I tried the fax number provided which only gave an engaged tone. I could not fax either. I tried sending an e-mail message but it was returned.
How can an established airline linked to a parent company in Singapore Airlines be so uncontactable? What if it had been an emergency?
In my final attempt, I went to SIA's comment and feedback page. Finally, someone from Tiger Airways called me one week later.
Ms Wati is the officer I spoke to. She kept insisting that the charges applied and no cancellations were allowed. When I asked her to get a manager to call me, she said staff did not speak to customers, only the call centre. In the end, she said she would check and call me back.
When she returned my call a day or two later, she repeated herself and said there was no way any refund could be made.
In my last conversation with her, I asked her to send me an official response since she insisted the only way left for me was to write in. It has been three weeks now and I still have not received any reply.
My intended travel dates are this week and by the time I get any response, it will be too late. This is truly disappointing customer service.
With SIA as the parent company, consumers expect a certain level of service from its budget airline. But Tiger Airways has disappointed us.
Evangeline Tay (Ms)
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->