• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

There you see. You can be malay and indian simultaneously. PAP was right.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
MALAYSIA

Dr Mahathir: I’m not ashamed to say I have some Indian blood, but I’m Malay​

email
whatsapp
twitter
facebook
Dr Mahathir: I’m not ashamed to say I have some Indian blood, but I’m Malay

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad arrives at the Kuala Lumpur High Court Complex August 27, 2024. — Picture by Yusof Mat Isa
Join us on our WhatsApp Channel, follow us on Instagram, and receive browser alerts for the latest news you need to know.
By Ida Lim
Tuesday, 27 Aug 2024 2:09 PM MYT
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 27 — Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today declared at the High Court that he is not ashamed over his Indian heritage, but insisted that he is still a Malay.
Dr Mahathir, 99, also testified that he is defined as a Malay under Malaysia’s Federal Constitution.

“I’m not ashamed to say I have some Indian blood, but that does not mean that I’m not a Malay,” he said at one point of the court hearing today at the High Court here.
Later he said, that wherever he goes — including Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka — people there would claim him as one of their own, but said he was “not embarrassed” about such claims.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mahathir has been aware of the weaknesses of the Malays since he was a young man. In his first book, "The Malay Dilemma", he argued that a balance had to be achieved between govt support for Malays, so that the would not be economically dominated by the Chinese, and training his people to compete. Mahathir saw Malays typically avoiding hard work and failing to "appreciate the real value of money and property", and hoped this balance would rectify this. He realised that Malays are unable to compete with the other races on a level playing field without the minorities being suppressed and discriminated against. However, his institutionalised racial discrimination backfired. From depending on crutches, most Malays became dependent on wheelchairs and some even need to be carried around on stretchers.