• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

there goes our cpf! is this report real??

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed... and that is my main issue with the government. For now there is still an option of denouncing your citizenship to take the money out, i suspect this option will disappear if too many people start to denounce citizenship to withdraw money.

You need to acquire approval to another country's citizenship before you can renounce your current citizenship.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which obviously is not easy for man on the street but chicken feet for the wealthy

Obviously. The classic hostage dilemma for common folks. You can afford to acquire another country's citizenship with your CPF money. However, you have to acquire the citizenship first before you can get to your CPF.

omnia1

Alfrescian
Loyal
credit to fortune magazine below
=============================

Now we learn from the August 15, 2011 issue of Fortune Magazine that Singapore has no sovereign wealth.

Instead it has a sovereign debt of US$254 billion, which is 95% of Singapore’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP). This puts Singapore at 8th position as one of the world’s most indebted nations. Singapore is near the bottom of the pile; only seven developed countries are more in debt, in terms of GDP.
Apparently, Singapore has borrowed heavily from its own Central Provident Fund (CPF) which holds the retirement funds of Singaporeans. This explains why Singapore is not only raising the retirement age, but making it more difficult for Singaporeans to get their retirement funds even when they reach that age.
This was extracted from an article written by someone calling himself John Harding who in my view (sorry for the rudeness) is either an incompetent bafoon or a deceitful twit out to misinform. Why so ?

It is true that Singapore's national debt is US$254b as reported by Fortune Mag. BUT, the write failed to realise (or deliberately ignored) the assets/reserves of the Singapore government which is way more than US$254b.

Based on publicly available information, Singapore's reserves with MAS amounted to US$242 billion as at June 2011. Reserves invested by Temasek Holdings was valued at S$193 billion (or about US$161 billion) as at March 2011 as audited by KPMG. Only the reserves invested by GIC is not publicly disclosed (so it's not true that we don't know anything about our reserves). Most estimate GIC's holdings to be well above US$100 billion. So adding all of this (and assuming a conservative US$100b for GIC), we see that Singapore's reserves are at least US$503 billion, way in excess of the national debt of US$254 billion !

Based on CPF website data, the government only owes a total of about S$198 billion in CPF monies (a large part of the 'national debt')to about 3.36 million contributors as at June 2011. The Singapore government has enough reserves to pay back every single dollar of your CPF if it had to.

We might not agree with the government's CPF withdrawal policies but one thing we can be sure of - Singapore has a very strong reserve position. So it's absurd for John Harding to claim that "Singapore has no sovereign wealth". Like I said, he is either a bafoon or a liar, there is no other way to say this.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which obviously is not easy for man on the street but chicken feet for the wealthy

the wealthy do not ve to worry about their cpfs. they are definitely peanutz to them! it's the common folks who are neither up or down but are being hung by their neck - almost choking but won't die fr suffocation. those are the ones who are going to feel the bites.

the impression now is that the pap goofs and mismanage our cpfs but still keeping everything concealed. sooner or later it shall be exposed fully and hopefully by then i ve gotten my every dime fr my cpf....but i ve a gut feeling that it would be FAT HOPE! :(

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can call him or email him. His number and email is open on his blog, or you can simply post on his blog.

tankinlian is a mini-chee soon juan. don't u know that? if u praise him, ur post would be printed; criticise and it won't see the light.

i dun think tkl has the habit of breaking an egg and fry it all the way well cooked. just like the mini-bond attention whoring, it's the whoring part he enjoyed but definitely not the solution part.