• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

there goes our cpf! is this report real??

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
credit to fortune magazine below
=============================

Now we learn from the August 15, 2011 issue of Fortune Magazine that Singapore has no sovereign wealth.

Instead it has a sovereign debt of US$254 billion, which is 95% of Singapore’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP). This puts Singapore at 8th position as one of the world’s most indebted nations. Singapore is near the bottom of the pile; only seven developed countries are more in debt, in terms of GDP.
Apparently, Singapore has borrowed heavily from its own Central Provident Fund (CPF) which holds the retirement funds of Singaporeans. This explains why Singapore is not only raising the retirement age, but making it more difficult for Singaporeans to get their retirement funds even when they reach that age.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
really very suspicious! no wonder they keep increasing the withdrawal age and set many obstacles to refrain returning cpf to us :(

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4.9% didn't know he would lose which means surprisingly sgp has lesser idiots than anticipated.

Election is a hard to forecast thing, especially nationwide PE. As for you, just belanjah me Zi Yean dimsum that's OK. :biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine the years when men were exploited in NS National Service .
How many unproductive man-hours wasted .
What to save money for the state at the individual expense.
After complain Singaporeans not very smart nor industrial .
Not high flyer enough .
Fark you Singapore and Mindef .
Now open the floodgate to FTs .
Everything the farking government does is counter-productive .
They cut the intake of doctors and health care professionals back then .
Let students fight over scoreboard .
They really never think about the years down the road .

Singapore is so farked because of bad policies .

Last edited:

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over a decade ago, I was already aware of such a predicament. If anyone did a search on the old forum, back in the Delphi days, you may still be able to find what I posted back then.

The elected government was borrowing heavily from our CPF, hence almost always after a failed venture there will be talk about raising the retirement age. I did predict back then that when they have fully exploited the retirement age policy, they will implement something new to keep our hard earned monies in there. Then of course, they came out with the minimum sum which since its implementation has been consistently tweaked to their benefit.

Any method they’re using to retain our CPF monies is to raise the cost of housing. By increasing the cost of a 5-rm HDB – for example: from $80K in 1990 to over $300K – they not only retain earn on the principal sum of the loan but also the interest associated with the loans. This while lowering the interest rates to monies kept in the CPF.

Some of the older forumers may recall that when CPF was first introduced, the employer contribution and also the interest rates pegged to those monies.

As we move forward, there will be more tweaks to the retirement age and minimum sum. I wouldn’t be surprised that one day, some idiot in parliament will introduce a scheme whereby when a parent dies, the nominated beneficiaries will not receive a cash payout but monies rolled over into their account!

No different from a Ponzi scheme. Only that this is operated by the elected government.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As we move forward, there will be more tweaks to the retirement age and minimum sum. I wouldn’t be surprised that one day, some idiot in parliament will introduce a scheme whereby when a parent dies, the nominated beneficiaries will not receive a cash payout but monies rolled over into their account!

No different from a Ponzi scheme. Only that this is operated by the elected government.
This is very scary indeed!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is very scary indeed!

they are already doing something like that right? With the min. sum, it is now compulsary to purchase some sort of annuities...where you choose between having some cash vs monthly payout.

Who's to say, some time down the road, they move a motion to make only option to have all cash payout & no residual cash.

Secondly, with the raising of the min. sum every year, realistically no one (the lower/ middle incomers) will have nothing to withdraw come 62.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over a decade ago, I was already aware of such a predicament. If anyone did a search on the old forum, back in the Delphi days, you may still be able to find what I posted back then.

The elected government was borrowing heavily from our CPF, hence almost always after a failed venture there will be talk about raising the retirement age. I did predict back then that when they have fully exploited the retirement age policy, they will implement something new to keep our hard earned monies in there. Then of course, they came out with the minimum sum which since its implementation has been consistently tweaked to their benefit.

Any method they’re using to retain our CPF monies is to raise the cost of housing. By increasing the cost of a 5-rm HDB – for example: from $80K in 1990 to over $300K – they not only retain earn on the principal sum of the loan but also the interest associated with the loans. This while lowering the interest rates to monies kept in the CPF.

Some of the older forumers may recall that when CPF was first introduced, the employer contribution and also the interest rates pegged to those monies.

it's apparent that the BITTER PILL they referred too was meant to withhold our cpf indefinitely.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ever higher hdb flats........retirement age.......all tricks to delay cpf payout........

i secondary school time already know liao lor.......

simple math will tell you cpf is unsustainable anyway..........how to payout compounding interests on ever increasing funds in cpf ???

how to make more and more money every year ????

that's why GIC buy USA bank shares............but disaster struck..........LOL

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agreed... and that is my main issue with the government. For now there is still an option of denouncing your citizenship to take the money out, i suspect this option will disappear if too many people start to denounce citizenship to withdraw money.