• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Real Truth - Georgie Yeo And His OCS Batch Boys

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCH never undertook the Seals, nor ranger no commando course. The first chap to become a Seal was an Indian WO who was involved in the storming of SQ117. He is now an accountant who settled in Perth. I have no idea why he was wearing the red beret.

He was my OC in NIU/Brani Base (1983)....... the only one wearing a red beret when everyone was wearing blue and the story was he is a US trained SEAL so he is allowed to wear that beret in base.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 from the same batch is not a secret. It was published in the local papers then and they were all part of programme to become Singapore political leaders.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3 from the same batch is not a secret. It was published in the local papers then and they were all part of programme to become Singapore political leaders.

You remember, but not everyone knows or remembers. A lot of things are unknown to many in Singapore as the media here only serve as the Party's mouthpiece at their beck and call.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCH never undertook the Seals, nor ranger no commando course. The first chap to become a Seal was an Indian WO who was involved in the storming of SQ117. He is now an accountant who settled in Perth. I have no idea why he was wearing the red beret.
I would think it's much earlier than that, I know of and have seen SOF guys (before SOTF time) sporting seals badges on their uniform. This was in the 80s.
I have also tried out for SOF before and back then some of the instructors were already seal trained.
SAF have been sending men to us for green betets and ranger training (cancelled due to high dropout rate). Believe it or not, I have seen a 'LURP' badge on an old timer even (has to be from the 70s).

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was my OC in NIU/Brani Base (1983)....... the only one wearing a red beret when everyone was wearing blue and the story was he is a US trained SEAL so he is allowed to wear that beret in base.
SOF trained can wear red beret already. Seals trained he gets to wear the badge. I think he is neither.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure many of you are curious to know why Georgie Yeo is such an important man in the MIW team so much so that he cannot afford to lose his seat at all.

Let me share with you one of the reason why. The following people belongs to the same OCS batch boys during their youth days and some of them are given the SAF and President scholarship during that year:
1) Georgie Yeo
2) Teo C. H.
3) Lim H. K.
4) Lee H. L.
5) Philip Yeo

I don't have to mention their full name and you can probably guess who they are.
So you see, is Georgie Yeo a "VVIP" to the MIW?

Failure YEO? Sure or not......... him only Colombo Plan scholar; normal pass in Harvard MBA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Failure YEO? Sure or not......... him only Colombo Plan scholar; normal pass in Harvard MBA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But mouth big enough to let a C141 dock. BTW, why is he so bloody quiet these days and reading straight from a script written by a 3rd rated ghostwriter?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ong Kah Kok not Ng ....... \
He was PY's mentor... or perhaps OKK afraid of PY as he already was Goh KS's blue eye boy.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
But mouth big enough to let a C141 dock. BTW, why is he so bloody quiet these days and reading straight from a script written by a 3rd rated ghostwriter?

He had a fallout with LKY's daughther over his A star scheme. Even being the matchmaker for her brother did not help. When he was Chairman EDB/PS and travelling with LHL he used to show off his " strong connections " by always referring to LHL as 'Loong' in front of his (PY's ) subordinates. Actually, PY is probably overrated as all he did throughout his career was to throw money about to get things done....

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ong Kah Kok not Ng .......
He was PY's mentor... or perhaps OKK afraid of PY as he already was Goh KS's blue eye boy.

To quote he who thinks he is God...I stand corrected. I at least know that I am getting old. Btw, starting from the 1st SVC OCT and the 3rd Combat OCT, there were pre 1949ers serving full-time NS. Some of them were required to serve 3 years i/o the usual 2 1/2 years because they were commissioned as officers. In an attempt to persuade them to sign on as regulars all graduate
officers were promoted to Capt just before their ROD.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess it must be LHL. Why? because he got the "fastest promotion to the rank of BG" in the entire history of army.

lianbeng still remembers that day BG Lee walked into CMPB MCC with his cohort of ball-bearers, if u like. all heads must look down on the ground or face the wall. anyone moved or turned head kana charged straightaway - no mercy no sorry hor! 1 medic happened to cough n kana charged on the spot - MP came n handcuffed him away to SAFDB.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To quote he who thinks he is God...I stand corrected. I at least know that I am getting old. Btw, starting from the 1st SVC OCT and the 3rd Combat OCT, there were pre 1949ers serving full-time NS. Some of them were required to serve 3 years i/o the usual 2 1/2 years because they were commissioned as officers. In an attempt to persuade them to sign on as regulars all graduate
officers were promoted to Capt just before their ROD.

I know of one individual who was born prior to 1949, and he was a graduate, and was in the 1st batch OCT. I exchanged e-mails with this individual via the old sammy boy, and met him for coffee, a few years aho, when I visited SG.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng still remembers that day BG Lee walked into CMPB MCC with his cohort of ball-bearers, if u like. all heads must look down on the ground or face the wall. anyone moved or turned head kana charged straightaway - no mercy no sorry hor! 1 medic happened to cough n kana charged on the spot - MP came n handcuffed him away to SAFDB.

This is extreme. The incident I know of is one low rank saw him too kancheong forgot to salute and was ordered to face the wall.
Punishment did not mention duration thus the poor was was let there for a while day till an old timer encik took it upon himself to dismiss the guy.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know of one individual who was born prior to 1949, and he was a graduate, and was in the 1st batch OCT. I exchanged e-mails with this individual via the old sammy boy, and met him for coffee, a few years aho, when I visited SG.

1st batch OCTs are all regulars as NS scheme had not started. NS started in 1967 I believe and 1st batch OCT graduated same year. Those graduates in civil service required to perform NS were in 4th and 5th batch but I could be wrong. The only failure in 4th batch was a graduate.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is extreme. The incident I know of is one low rank saw him too kancheong forgot to salute and was ordered to face the wall.
Punishment did not mention duration thus the poor was was let there for a while day till an old timer encik took it upon himself to dismiss the guy.

lianbeng says, "different version but same storyline lah." :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This medic must be in his 50 or 60 by now, would have X every opposition ballot spot if he can vote, & 'ptui' into every TV screens or news paper, reporting that , mee siam mai hum, said "sorry"!!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This medic must be in his 50 or 60 by now, would have X every opposition ballot spot if he can vote, & 'ptui' into every TV screens or news paper, reporting that , mee siam mai hum, said "sorry"!!

lianbeng asks u, "which medic in CMPB MCC no medical problem? most if not all PES E mah - if they so fit sure kana combat medic chiong sua liao still can switch off at depot road meh?"