• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The PAP Wayang on CPF is going full steam ahead

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am Teo Pig Pig, you guys should thank me for invest the fund for you!!!!!

Rightfully, the CPF interest rate should be variable (annually) and be pegged to at least 2% above the Sinkie Land's inflation rate. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to leave your money in the CPF if it continues to grow smaller in value with each passing year. Prince Loong will have to work out something better in the immediate future.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
irony is that without Roy

you think these CBs from the PAP could be fucking bothered to open their golden mouths to suddenly talk as if they give a shit about the people of stinkapore??????

And many ppl here have expressed views NOT supporting Roy and I labelled them 'UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS' and they will hit back like their Master Ah Loong.

Some Sinkie, likely the 60.1%, does not deserved to be saved!

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All PAP MPs so excited about CPF matters after Roy got sue by PM. Before that all PAP Mps just quite and do nothing. Think all Singaporean need to Thank Roy for highlighting this issue.

Very true. But not even one PAP dog ever asks govt. to return cpf money to those who reach 55 years of age as promised.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a question:

When one dies, is one's CPF money released to one's nominees in cash, or into their CPF accounts?

I've heard, but cannot confirm, that the default position during nomination is that the monies of the deceased would go into the nominees' CPF accounts.

Gigo88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a question:

When one dies, is one's CPF money released to one's nominees in cash, or into their CPF accounts?

I've heard, but cannot confirm, that the default position during nomination is that the monies of the deceased would go into the nominees' CPF accounts.

No lah. They will issue cheque to the nominees. But it takes a bit of time to get the cheque.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a question:

You must choose the right form. :wink:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a question:

Your answer is in this thread :wink:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Rightfully, the CPF interest rate should be variable (annually) and be pegged to at least 2% above the Sinkie Land's inflation rate. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to leave your money in the CPF if it continues to grow smaller in value with each passing year. Prince Loong will have to work out something better in the immediate future.

You and everyone else fails to understand the real reason for the low interest rate of the CPF. Its kept deliberately low so as to discourage people from leaving their money in it, and instead use it to pay for their overpriced HDB flat thru downpayment and monthly payments. If the rate of interest for CPF was 6.5%, there will be many people who would prefer to leave the money in there instead of using it for the biggest govt. money maker, aka HDB flats.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You and everyone else fails to understand the real reason for the low interest rate of the CPF. Its kept deliberately low so as to discourage people from leaving their money in it, and instead use it to pay for their overpriced HDB flat thru downpayment and monthly payments. If the rate of interest for CPF was 6.5%, there will be many people who would prefer to leave the money in there instead of using it for the biggest govt. money maker, aka HDB flats.

Great point. The HDB programme is akin to an open market operation except that you are given an overpriced leased flat for your hard-earned dollar.

If you buy the pigeon hole on the high and the market plunges. It takes about a decade for your pigeon hole to get back to your purchase price, leaving you with a decade to get some gain. Under this scenario, you can say goodbye to a comfortable retirement. The property market has eaten you up alive.

Retirement savings used for property is a VERY bad idea.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just ask the PAPzis why they are refusing to give more than 2.5% when they boast that they make 17% per annum from Temasick and GIC. Why Malaysia and other countries can adjust to pay their citizens more but not the PAPzis. Tell the PAPzis that such behavior on their part is what makes Singaporeans disconnected from the PAPzis. If Temasick gains then the people should gain. Then whack them on why CPF has been encouraged by the PAPzis to be used to purchased public housing instead of for retirement. Then whack them again for charging sky high prices for public housing.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just ask the PAPzis why they are refusing to give more than 2.5% when they boast that they make 17% per annum from Temasick and GIC. Why Malaysia and other countries can adjust to pay their citizens more but not the PAPzis. Tell the PAPzis that such behavior on their part is what makes Singaporeans disconnected from the PAPzis. If Temasick gains then the people should gain. Then whack them on why CPF has been encouraged by the PAPzis to be used to purchased public housing instead of for retirement. Then whack them again for charging sky high prices for public housing.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO VALID reason for not paying higher returns to CPF funds. The PAP government repeats the same excuse, that it is safe return. A safe return for the CPF member is 50 percent of the return earned by GIC and Temasek from the use of CPF.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is ABSOLUTELY NO VALID reason for not paying higher returns to CPF funds. The PAP government repeats the same excuse, that it is safe return. A safe return for the CPF member is 50 percent of the return earned by GIC and Temasek from the use of CPF.

The PAPzis have nothing to stand on. Everything they have touched has turned to shit. Every public good that they have brought to citizens has turned to shit. They have had over 50 years of unabridged governance and they solely should take the blame for the huge fiasco that they have created and continue to create. The issue now is that every policy mistake compounds previous mistakes and their social engineering has put the entire country and its citizens in grave danger of slipping into an economic barren for which there will be no escape for the large number of lower and middle income Singaporeans.