• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The New Paper: Singaporeans in Melborne behave like Pigs

OzSucks

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont say i didnt tell you people. you heard it here, saw it here. just see the very bad behavior of subprime ex-singaporeans on this forum and see exactly why you should avoid melbourne, one of the most expensive cities in the world, and australia in general.

Axe168, QXD, and IWC2006, not only are you stupid - you have no class!

i love being right. imagine living anywhere near you morons.

hee hee

http://travel.asiaone.com/Travel/Glo...13-107585.html

S'poreans' habits abroad make me grind my teeth

By Belle Charlene Kwan

HERE'S a riddle: How do you spot a Singaporean overseas?

Never mind the accent or our obsession with wearing slippers to just about anywhere.

The biggest tell-tale sign is our eyebrow-raising habits.

I spent the last year studying in Melbourne and this once-proud Singaporean now cringes at the sight of her fellow countrymen going about their highly embarrassing ways.

Here'a an example: After a delightful evening at Wicked The Musical watching the story behind the Wizard of Oz unfold at the Regent Theatre in July, audience members file into the washroom to freshen up.

An Asian woman walks towards the paper-napkin dispenser after washing her hands. She's on her handphone, and her accent is distinctively Singaporean (come on, who else says 'Neh-mind' but us?).

She proceeds to pull a napkin out. She goes for another, and another, and yet a few pieces more.

A quick dab of her hands and she tosses the thick wad of napkins into the bin.

A Caucasian lady standing in line behind me asked her friend: 'Why did she just empty half the napkin dispenser?'

Another example: When Singapore Day came to Melbourne in October, Singaporeans thronged the festival grounds looking for a taste of home away from home.

And food, it seemed, was the top priority.

While standing in line for hours for a free plate of chicken rice, Gurmit Singh and gang entertained the crowd with Phua Chu Kang humour.

The Caucasians laughed and cheered, but the Singaporeans rolled their eyes.

'So lame. Not even funny, lor!'

'Wah lau. Go home, lah!'

Overhearing these comments coming from Singaporeans left me flabbergasted. So much for showing Australians our pride in homegrown culture.

And of course, our kiasu-ism follows us across land and sea.

Free giveaways on university campus will see Singaporeans flock like sea gulls to a basket of fish and chips.

Whether it is fruit juice samples, notebooks, or even fashion hair bands, a stream of Singaporeans is inevitable.

'Wah! Free ah? Take some more.'

'Wait, call friends. Sure also want.'

Now, why four guys would need 12fuschia pink non-slip hair bands is beyond me.

And there's more...

Then there are the public transport incidents.

Mothers putting their bags on the seats beside them just so their children can sit when they're tired of playing 'catching' on the tram and causing a racket.

These are also the same mothers who scream at the said children at the top of their lungs in full view of 60 other shocked commuters.

'Oi! Sit down before I slap you!'

I shake my head, and wish they did not sound so obviously Singaporean.

Perhaps a more neutral accent might help lessen my embarrassment.

Singaporeans seldom hesitate to point fingers and bad mouth foreigners for their eccentric ways.

Perhaps it is time for us to hold our tongues, and first examine the image we display when overseas.

Let's show some class, people.

Oi! You listening or what?

OzSucks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Australia's Persisten Racism

The truth for all to see:

http://norighturn.blogspot.com/2008/...australia.html

Appalling racism in Australia

A group of women and children were kicked out of a hotel in Alice Springs because of their race:

"When we booked in, the manager, she gave us the keys to the rooms and we went and put our stuff in the rooms.

"We all went outside and the manager came out and told me that we weren't suitable to stay there," Ms Langod told ABC Radio today.

"They said (it was) because of our race. Other customers were making complaints that they were scared of us.

"I felt like I wanted to cry because it made me feel like I wasn't an Australian, like I wasn't wanted there."

It's appalling to see that this sort of thing is still going on in a supposedly civilised democratic country like Australia. And it shows that despite having made a historic apology, they have a long, long way to go.

In case you want to avoid it, the hotel in question is the Alice Haven Backpackers Resort. And if you'd like to let them know what you think of racists, you can email them at [email protected].

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont say i didnt tell you people. you heard it here, saw it here. just see the very bad behavior of subprime ex-singaporeans on this forum and see exactly why you should avoid melbourne, one of the most expensive cities in the world, and australia in general.

Axe168, QXD, and IWC2006, not only are you stupid - you have no class!

i love being right. imagine living anywhere near you morons.

hee hee

http://travel.asiaone.com/Travel/Glo...13-107585.html

S'poreans' habits abroad make me grind my teeth

By Belle Charlene Kwan

HERE'S a riddle: How do you spot a Singaporean overseas?

Never mind the accent or our obsession with wearing slippers to just about anywhere.

The biggest tell-tale sign is our eyebrow-raising habits.

I spent the last year studying in Melbourne and this once-proud Singaporean now cringes at the sight of her fellow countrymen going about their highly embarrassing ways.

Here'a an example: After a delightful evening at Wicked The Musical watching the story behind the Wizard of Oz unfold at the Regent Theatre in July, audience members file into the washroom to freshen up.

An Asian woman walks towards the paper-napkin dispenser after washing her hands. She's on her handphone, and her accent is distinctively Singaporean (come on, who else says 'Neh-mind' but us?).

She proceeds to pull a napkin out. She goes for another, and another, and yet a few pieces more.

A quick dab of her hands and she tosses the thick wad of napkins into the bin.

A Caucasian lady standing in line behind me asked her friend: 'Why did she just empty half the napkin dispenser?'

Another example: When Singapore Day came to Melbourne in October, Singaporeans thronged the festival grounds looking for a taste of home away from home.

And food, it seemed, was the top priority.

While standing in line for hours for a free plate of chicken rice, Gurmit Singh and gang entertained the crowd with Phua Chu Kang humour.

The Caucasians laughed and cheered, but the Singaporeans rolled their eyes.

'So lame. Not even funny, lor!'

'Wah lau. Go home, lah!'

Overhearing these comments coming from Singaporeans left me flabbergasted. So much for showing Australians our pride in homegrown culture.

And of course, our kiasu-ism follows us across land and sea.

Free giveaways on university campus will see Singaporeans flock like sea gulls to a basket of fish and chips.

Whether it is fruit juice samples, notebooks, or even fashion hair bands, a stream of Singaporeans is inevitable.

'Wah! Free ah? Take some more.'

'Wait, call friends. Sure also want.'

Now, why four guys would need 12fuschia pink non-slip hair bands is beyond me.

And there's more...

Then there are the public transport incidents.

Mothers putting their bags on the seats beside them just so their children can sit when they're tired of playing 'catching' on the tram and causing a racket.

These are also the same mothers who scream at the said children at the top of their lungs in full view of 60 other shocked commuters.

'Oi! Sit down before I slap you!'

I shake my head, and wish they did not sound so obviously Singaporean.

Perhaps a more neutral accent might help lessen my embarrassment.

Singaporeans seldom hesitate to point fingers and bad mouth foreigners for their eccentric ways.

Perhaps it is time for us to hold our tongues, and first examine the image we display when overseas.

Let's show some class, people.

Oi! You listening or what?

well said. good article. just look at the bad behavior of singaporeans on this forum for confirmation.

hee hee

guy2100

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm glad its not the Malays or Indian Singaporeans in Melbourne. Coz i'm going there very soon.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't our PAP gahmen say we are First World?

First World begets first class mentality? Or kiasuism? Our traits, our ONE!

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<Axe168, QXD, and IWC2006, not only are you stupid - you have no class!>>

A Happy man does not need to be classy... all he need is a simple mind plus clean & greeny environment..

Kiss my cl-ASS ! heehee

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<Axe168, QXD, and IWC2006, not only are you stupid - you have no class!>>

A Happy man does not need to be classy... all he need is a simple mind plus clean & greeny environment..

Kiss my cl-ASS ! heehee

You kiss mine you cheeky bugger

I'll wallop you into a subservience you slanty eyed gook

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said. good article. just look at the bad behavior of singaporeans on this forum for confirmation.

hee hee

If Singaporeans have bad behaviour overseas.. I guess it'll be worst in an ENCLOSED ENVIRONMENT.. what say you ? Constructive opinion pls.. keke

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uhhh me so scare... why dont you come over to Mel to wallop me ? kekeke

Hi mate - please be assured that this person is not an aussie. Firstly, Australians (even racist ones) no longer use the 'g' word in such a sentence - this went out of fashion around the time of the Vietnam war, it is more commonly used today by some Viet vets in the US. Secondly, Australians would never construct a sentence in such a way - it would sort of be like me trying to pass myself off as Singaporean by using local colloqialisms, but without the proper understanding of how the words go together, it would be easy to tell I'm not really SGpean, rather someone trying to pass myself off just by using certain slang words.

I have no doubt that this is the same person as before - shockshit aka busy123 aka redbull aka ozsucks... so I highly recommend to all my friends here at SB that have sent me private messages to advise me that they are all awake to the ruse by the spamming hater and have blocked all his IDs, to go ahead and block this new one also accordingly (dozens of people have PM'd me by the way, to let me know their thoughts about the idiotic multi-nick person)... everybody is obviously ignoring him and/or have him blocked and he is therefore not getting the attention he obsessively desires, so now he is trying to revert to pretending to be a racist aussie to 'stir the pot'... but guess what??!! - we're on to him again... I wish Sam could just block his IP address and be done with it (I can do this at some of the SG aggregator and news sites of which I'm an author if I so desire).

Take care - pay him no heed.

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Singaporeans have bad behaviour overseas.. I guess it'll be worst in an ENCLOSED ENVIRONMENT.. what say you ? Constructive opinion pls.. keke

just look in the mirror - and there you go - bad behavior in melbourne just like the article says

hee hee

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not just Melbourne, it is everywhere including Sinkie land :mad:

To be fair, the Singaporeans I have encountered over here in America tend to be different with some degree of cultural assimilation.

This might not be the case with those who have migrated to Australia, as the proximity to Singapore might have something to do with it. To such Singaporeans they might think they are just on an extended overseas trip, rather than a true fresh start on a different playing field.

Just my observation.