• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The monkey trap

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Asia we use coconuts. Different tools some concept works wonderfully on the Monkey ego. Hold on and never let go.

Want an army of primate slaves? Start paying peanuts.

Monkey's Trap
by: Eric Butterworth, The Universe is Calling

An interesting system has been used for capturing monkeys in the jungles of Africa. The goal is to take the monkeys alive and unharmed for shipment to zoos of America. In an extremely humane way, the captors use heavy bottles, with long narrow necks, into which they deposit a handful of sweet-smelling nuts. The bottles are dropped on the jungle floor, and the captors return the next morning to find a monkey trapped next to each bottle.

How is it accomplished? The monkey, attracted by the aromatic scent of the nuts, comes to investigate the bottle, the nuts, and is trapped. The monkey can't take its hand out of the bottle as long it's holding the nuts, but it is unwilling to open its hand and let them go. The bottle is too heavy to carry away, so the monkey is trapped.

We may smile at the foolish monkeys, but how often we hold to our problems so tenaciously as the monkeys hold to the nuts in the bottle. And so, figuratively we carry our bottle around with us, feeling very sorry for ourselves, and begging for sympathy from others, even from God.

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
We may smile at the foolish monkeys, but how often we hold to our problems so tenaciously as the monkeys hold to the nuts in the bottle. And so, figuratively we carry our bottle around with us, feeling very sorry for ourselves, and begging for sympathy from others, even from God.

Nice one :wink:, a bigger revelation would be that those nuts we are holding or actively squeezing happened to be our own 2 nuts :eek:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys believe anything told to you. Give it time and the monkey will be breaking the bottle with a stone. Brains of monkeys and elephants are better developed than fishes and birds. Westerners have a habit of writing soup stories peppered with old wive's tales and their own imagination. Just a attend some of the motivational talks and you can see the hot air rise.

The Condor of the Andes are captured alive by staking a heavily salted carcase of a sheep next to a pool of water . The condor will feed on it and drinks a lot of water to neutralise the salt. Eventually, it will have a distended belly and unable to take to the air. The Condor is then chased around by foot and caught. Make sense.

In Asia we use coconuts. Different tools some concept works wonderfully on the Monkey ego. Hold on and never let go.

Want an army of primate slaves? Start paying peanuts.

Monkey's Trap
by: Eric Butterworth, The Universe is Calling

An interesting system has been used for capturing monkeys in the jungles of Africa. The goal is to take the monkeys alive and unharmed for shipment to zoos of America. In an extremely humane way, the captors use heavy bottles, with long narrow necks, into which they deposit a handful of sweet-smelling nuts. The bottles are dropped on the jungle floor, and the captors return the next morning to find a monkey trapped next to each bottle.

How is it accomplished? The monkey, attracted by the aromatic scent of the nuts, comes to investigate the bottle, the nuts, and is trapped. The monkey can't take its hand out of the bottle as long it's holding the nuts, but it is unwilling to open its hand and let them go. The bottle is too heavy to carry away, so the monkey is trapped.

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys believe anything told to you. Give it time and the monkey will be breaking the bottle with a stone. Brains of monkeys and elephants are better developed than fishes and birds.

Bro, no offence but I would think naturally the bottles would be made of those tempered glass which doesn't break easily even when dropped from 10th floor, since it is meant to be re-used frequently and subject to animal abuse:wink:

But I would agree that they will definitely evolve to using some other methodology :biggrin:

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
Westerners have a habit of writing soup stories peppered with old wive's tales and their own imagination. Just attend some of the motivational talks and you can see the hot air rise.

Attend a motivational talk! :eek: I rather go get my wisdom tooth extracted! :biggrin:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
a0a4b098.jpg

Monkey says be CONTENTED with peanuts!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
YOu mean sinkie trap?

The nitwits 66.6% monkeys are still holding the bottles, which contained the 'aromatic nuts' ( GST credits, upgrading...etc.), whereas the higher intelligent 33.4%, had already broken the bottles, taken the 'aromatic nuts' and ran for the trees...:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The nitwits 66.6% monkeys are still holding the bottles, which contained the 'aromatic nuts' ( GST credits, upgrading...etc.), whereas the higher intelligent 33.4%, had already broken the bottles, taken the 'aromatic nuts' and ran for the trees...:biggrin:

The real intelligent ones have already move out of sinkieland liao lah.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monkey are very cunning and dexterous. They will probably overturn the bottle some how. These buggers will put their hands into everything and they survive somehow. .

Bro, no offence but I would think naturally the bottles would be made of those tempered glass which doesn't break easily even when dropped from 10th floor, since it is meant to be re-used frequently and subject to animal abuse:wink:

But I would agree that they will definitely evolve to using some other methodology :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, agree with you. This is the usual course of a motivational talk - you listen attentively to catch him out making ridicuclous claims, then you begin to laugh to yourself, then it becomes excruciating and finally at the end, you are shocked when the majority stand up and want an encore in the midst of thunderous cheer.

Attend a motivational talk! :eek: I rather go get my wisdom tooth extracted! :biggrin:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal

An intelligent monkey will tickle the arm pit of the the trapped monkey to release the peanuts and free its own hand from the bottle trap.

OTOH, A stupid monkey would cut off its arm to free itself from the bottle.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of the story is - Pay peanuts and you get monkey; but we have paid millions and we got donkeys.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it's worse. They're still worshipping the moon god which they think gives out peanuts :smile:

And listening to George Harrison contribution during his Beatles day " Here comes the Sun"... "its all right"...:biggrin:

or playing that video clip of the U Farters, "upturn the downturn " song...more popular that, MJ "Bllie Jean"...:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And listening to George Harrison contribution during his Beatles day " Here comes the Sun"... "its all right"...:biggrin:

or playing that video clip of the U Farters, "upturn the downturn " song...more popular that, MJ "Bllie Jean"...:rolleyes:

What no Bee Gees :biggrin: