• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Bible says: The Earth is flat!

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Genesis 11:1-9
The Tower of Babel
1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech.
2 As men moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there.
3 They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar.
4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."
5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building.
6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.
7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."
8 So the LORD scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city.
9 That is why it was called Babel —because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

Job 38:13
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)

Jeremiah 16:19
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)

Daniel 4:11
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH: (KJV)

Matthew 4:8
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; (KJV)

Astronomical bodies are spherical, and you cannot see the entire exterior surface from any place. The kingdoms of Egypt, China, Greece, Crete, sections of Asia Minor, India, Maya (in Mexico), Carthage (North Africa), Rome (Italy), Korea, and other settlements from these kingdoms of the world were widely distributed.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The flat Earth is established and can never move?! The Sun hurries back to where it rises?!

The Psalm 104:5 and Ecclesiastes 1:5 verses from the Bible in this section were sent to me by Abdullah Bisyir; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him.

"He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 104:5)"

"The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength. The world [The deceiving translators should've said "earth", not "world"] is firmly established; it cannot be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 93:1)"

"Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns." The world [Again, the deceiving translators should've said "earth", not "world"] is firmly established, it cannot be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 96:10)"

"The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises. (From the NIV Bible, Ecclesiastes 1:5)"

Well, I don't think there is any need for much explanation to the nonsense above! It is crystal clear that the Bible is full of man-made corruptions and alterations. Since when the Earth is flat and can never move?! We all know that the Earth and the other planets rotate and move in space around the Sun. Since when the Sun hurries back to where it rises, like if there is some hole it rises from and another hole it sets through on Earth?!

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Earth has pillars?!

"He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble. (From the NIV Bible, Job 9:6)"

"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. (From the NIV Bible, Job 38:4)"

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Earth has Edges?!

"that it might take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it? (From the NIV Bible, Job 38:13)"

"He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven and sends it to the ends of the earth. (From the NIV Bible, Job 37:3)"

"for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens. (From the NIV Bible, Job 28:24)"

"Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea. (From the NIV Bible, Job 11:9)"

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The flat Earth is established and can never move?! The Sun hurries back to where it rises?!

The Psalm 104:5 and Ecclesiastes 1:5 verses from the Bible in this section were sent to me by Abdullah Bisyir; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him.

"He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 104:5)"

"The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength. The world [The deceiving translators should've said "earth", not "world"] is firmly established; it cannot be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 93:1)"

"Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns." The world [Again, the deceiving translators should've said "earth", not "world"] is firmly established, it cannot be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 96:10)"

"The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises. (From the NIV Bible, Ecclesiastes 1:5)"

Well, I don't think there is any need for much explanation to the nonsense above! It is crystal clear that the Bible is full of man-made corruptions and alterations. Since when the Earth is flat and can never move?! We all know that the Earth and the other planets rotate and move in space around the Sun. Since when the Sun hurries back to where it rises, like if there is some hole it rises from and another hole it sets through on Earth?!

Since when did DIVA ever get a Bible interpretation right??? LOL!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bible was written at a time when human perception was not scientifically based. We believed what our eyes saw, what our ears heard, what our tongues tasted. So it made sense for it to say the sun rose and set as it seemed to traverse across the sky from one end and settle down at the other end. If the holy book was written by peoples living in the pole, day and night would last a lot longer and the sun would go in rings in the sky. Same thing when someone contracts a disease - it was not caused by germs or bacteria, we didn't know about these microscopic organisms (or neuron disorder), but the bugger who got sick was possessed by some demon or spirit! That is the reason the bible wrote as though the world was flat, because our species saw the world as flat. And every phenomena that happened was because the god(s) was either satisfied or unhappy.

Cheers!

Since when did DIVA ever get a Bible interpretation right??? LOL!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bible was written at a time when human perception was not scientifically based. We believed what our eyes saw, what our ears heard, what our tongues tasted. So it made sense for it to say the sun rose and set as it seemed to traverse across the sky from one end and settle down at the other end. If the holy book was written by peoples living in the pole, day and night would last a lot longer and the sun would go in rings in the sky. Same thing when someone contracts a disease - it was not caused by germs or bacteria, we didn't know about these microscopic organisms (or neuron disorder), but the bugger who got sick was possessed by some demon or spirit! That is the reason the bible wrote as though the world was flat, because our species saw the world as flat. And every phenomena that happened was because the god(s) was either satisfied or unhappy.

Cheers!

The great irony is that sea-faring humans had already traversed the oceans and settled on all part of the globe and these 'inspired' know-it-all fools are writing as if it is the truth. We call such clowns christian psychotics.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

You actually sidestepped the issue, which is that DIVA is the one saying that the Bible teaches a flat earth, while the Bible itself does not teach that. Of course it does not require much to refute DIVA's pathetic weak attack on the Bible. But one wonders whether the atheist will ever learn or accept correction since his ego is so much in the way.:rolleyes:

http://www.gotquestions.org/flat-earth-Bible.html
http://www.midwestapologetics.org/articles/bible/flatearth.htm
http://www.equip.org/article/legendary-flat-earth-bible/#christian-books-1
https://siriusknotts.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/does-the-bible-teach-a-flat-earth/

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You actually sidestepped the issue, which is that DIVA is the one saying that the Bible teaches a flat earth, while the Bible itself does not teach that. Of course it does not require much to refute DIVA's pathetic weak attack on the Bible. But one wonders whether the atheist will ever learn or accept correction since his ego is so much in the way.:rolleyes:

http://www.gotquestions.org/flat-earth-Bible.html
http://www.midwestapologetics.org/articles/bible/flatearth.htm
http://www.equip.org/article/legendary-flat-earth-bible/#christian-books-1
https://siriusknotts.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/does-the-bible-teach-a-flat-earth/

God: Day in day out, talk about bible this bible that. You stoopig idiot! If I want the world to know me and understand me, I don't need a fallible book written by a bunch of christian psychotics masquerading as inspired messages from me.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
God: Day in day out, talk about bible this bible that. You stoopig idiot! If I want the world to know me and understand me, I don't need a fallible book written by a bunch of christian psychotics masquerading as inspired messages from me.

Someone forgot his daily meds. :biggrin::rolleyes:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not my intention to be pro or anti anybody's opinion, everybody has a right to choose what they want to believe, I am only agreeing with his interpretation on what he sees the bible as saying, and I gave my reason why the bible said it the way it did.

Cheers!

You actually sidestepped the issue, which is that DIVA is the one saying that the Bible teaches a flat earth, while the Bible itself does not teach that..................

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not my intention to be pro or anti anybody's opinion, everybody has a right to choose what they want to believe, I am only agreeing with his interpretation on what he sees the bible as saying, and I gave my reason why the bible said it the way it did.

Cheers!

Why would you agree with DIVA interpretation of the Bible? Because his interpretation is correct or because it fits with your bias towards the Bible?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would you agree with DIVA interpretation of the Bible? Because his interpretation is correct or because it fits with your bias towards the Bible?

It's not bias, you stoopid chink hellicopter clown. It's prejudice. And we say "prejudice against the bible". Learn England vocab before you come here to spew your half-baked arguments.

God: Asking me to take meds? I created meds and everything else, you idiotic dumbfuck!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not bias, you stoopid chink hellicopter clown. It's prejudice. And we say "prejudice against the bible". Learn England vocab before you come here to spew your half-baked arguments.

God: Asking me to take meds? I created meds and everything else, you idiotic dumbfuck!

Saying "bias" is just me being nice to him. I know you have a irrational bigoted prejudice against the Bible. Now, go down your meds! LOL!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
We know the Earth is spherical because we have satellites and spacecraft that have taken photos of the planet, and before this space age, we had explorers that sailed and circumnavigated the globe. We know it is spherical, or at least close to that. BUT before that, not everybody knew this, those who did only suspected to because of observations of the stars and heavenly bodies, and mathematics from early astronomy as most people would look around, walk on their feet, and conclude that the world is flat. The early writers of the bible (whether god believers or not) were like that. It would take a lot of courage then to oppose the general belief. And it took some time for the church to acknowledge the works and thoughts of people like Galileo, Copernicus.

I am not bias towards the bible. All I am saying is that at the time it was written, it had to be in line with the people's thoughts. And in those days, people still wanted to believe that divine beings are responsible for things happening here on earth. Even today, some people still do. Some say their faith is strong, other might say they belong in the funny-farm.

Cheers!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
We know the Earth is spherical because we have satellites and spacecraft that have taken photos of the planet, and before this space age, we had explorers that sailed and circumnavigated the globe. We know it is spherical, or at least close to that. BUT before that, not everybody knew this, those who did only suspected to because of observations of the stars and heavenly bodies, and mathematics from early astronomy as most people would look around, walk on their feet, and conclude that the world is flat. The early writers of the bible (whether god believers or not) were like that. It would take a lot of courage then to oppose the general belief. And it took some time for the church to acknowledge the works and thoughts of people like Galileo, Copernicus.

I am not bias towards the bible. All I am saying is that at the time it was written, it had to be in line with the people's thoughts. And in those days, people still wanted to believe that divine beings are responsible for things happening here on earth. Even today, some people still do. Some say their faith is strong, other might say they belong in the funny-farm.

Cheers!

But the question remains, does the Bible teach a flat earth? And was it even teaching about the shape and actual dimensions of the planet earth in those verses? Even if you wish to appeal to the language of phenomenon, that in itself does not prove the Bible teaches a flat earth anymore than that it proves that the sun moves around the earth when we talk of sunrise and sunset.

But most interestingly, no Christian I know today uses the Bible and advocates the flat earth. The only one doing that are the atheists who hate the Bible and insist that the Bible is teaching a flat earth, but no Christian is insisting on that. Funny! LOL! That's why I say it is not the Bible that is teaching a flat earth, but the atheists who are doing so. LOL!

BTW, the president of the flat earth society is an evolutionist! LOL! http://blog.drwile.com/?p=12379

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

You are able to read critically, bravo!