• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thailand to set min-wage of $10 an Increase by 30%

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One more thing I forget to add, in Thailand if workers get more and they spend more what happen to the government? They will be able to collect more taxes. And these additional taxes can be use for more government investments into the country.

Errr.. i do not think they will use the taxes into the country..

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One more thing I forget to add, in Thailand if workers get more and they spend more what happen to the government? They will be able to collect more taxes. And these additional taxes can be use for more government investments into the country.

yeah, investment in thier pocket Im afraid.

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear friends please don't be so negative, we business people in Thailand thinks this is a good move for the overall good of the Thai economy. How? Just simply put it: From the business owner side we will be forced to improve productivity by looking into ways like more automation and yes may be even start to sack some people who skive. This is the reality of life. Its only those incompetent business owners and incompetent politicians like Abhishit who complain about this. Go ask the big boys and SMEs who are doing well and many agree this is a good move to improve themselves and at the same time make their workers happy. Secondly from the economy point of view, when your workers are happy and have more money they spend more and this increases demand and spurs the economy and many companies will benefit from this.

You are listening from the horses mouth now friends, not Democratic Party negative propaganda from Bangkok Post, Nation and especially MCOT my goodness. Many corporations and SMEs are looking forward to this as far as my contacts and partners are concern. We may need some time to adjust and Yingluck did give us time.

The whole problem with Thailand politics is the class war between the amats (elites) against the phrai (slaves, servants, poor). The amats want the phrai to remain phrai and came up with sufficiency economy to bullshit them, but this belongs to another story.

How come you are still waiting, is there a law that forbids you from paying your workers more fairly, that you need the govt to kick off this pay increase ? Somehow your post seem fishy; do you happen to be selling fish ?

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really. Minimum wage will boost Comsumption and will have positive Mutlipiler effect on the economy.

:smile:

Yes, multiplier effect like cost of goods went up and cost of living going up which result in inflation in many areas cos everyone increase salary can pay more and hence price increases.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who owns a computer while children in Somalia are starving to death as we speak has no right to pontificate on the morality of welfarism.

dieing in somalia is what they need, to rebuild their country , not welfare.
they need to reduce their population, and start over.

welfare is not the solution, look at UK, highest welfare, but riots and resentment.

people who keep asking for welfare. do not know the devastation welfare bring to the state. go to UK and russia and take a look.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
How come you are still waiting, is there a law that forbids you from paying your workers more fairly, that you need the govt to kick off this pay increase ? Somehow your post seem fishy; do you happen to be selling fish ?

I am not selling fish Jacob, I sell and manufacture construction material. We are already paying our staff above the new minimum wage. Minimum now is 225baht per day or almost 6000 baht per month, workers take care of everything. I have been paying starting salary for new staff 6,500 baht, plus 1,000 baht meal allowance per month and 1,500 baht accommodation. Total 9,000 baht for new staff as a worker. We do not suffer high turnover, in fact is is easy for us to get workers because of this. The new minimum being 300 baht is translated to to 7,500 baht per month all in.

The new minimum wage increase from 225 baht to 300 baht will be translated to about 6,000 baht to 7,500 baht increase per month or about 25%. But this is going to be gradual over 6 months we believe. By law we are not required to increase because we are already over the minimum. However due to this increase we have intention to also increase current workers' salary by at least 10% to 15% across the board. We want them to feel they benefit from this too.

Nothing fishy.

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for the speedy reply.
if what you are telling is for real, i wish to also thank you on behalf of your workers [thou i do not know them].
If only more employers in Thailand are as kind in taking workers welfare into consideration, your country would be the best place in this world.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Jacob, I wish to clarify a truth with you. My Thai partners and I (Singaporean) come from MNC background and because of this we treat our staff differently from local companies however the truth is that we are in direct competition with other MNCs in Thailand to recruit and keep good workers. This is why we benchmark our HR policies against Japanese companies so that they do not flock to MNCs. Many local Thai companies are so used to high turnover and because of that they build their policies around it and its sort of like its expected to have high turnover. Many of my workers are around for a while and whenever we need more they will automatically compete with one another to get their village friends or relative to come joins us and they put it upon themselves to get the responsible ones

Thank you for the speedy reply.
if what you are telling is for real, i wish to also thank you on behalf of your workers [thou i do not know them].
If only more employers in Thailand are as kind in taking workers welfare into consideration, your country would be the best place in this world.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jacob, I wish to clarify a truth with you. My Thai partners and I (Singaporean) come from MNC background and because of this we treat our staff differently from local companies however the truth is that we are in direct competition with other MNCs in Thailand to recruit and keep good workers. This is why we benchmark our HR policies against Japanese companies so that they do not flock to MNCs. Many local Thai companies are so used to high turnover and because of that they build their policies around it and its sort of like its expected to have high turnover. Many of my workers are around for a while and whenever we need more they will automatically compete with one another to get their village friends or relative to come joins us and they put it upon themselves to get the responsible ones

good for you if you're telling the truth. just don't price yourself out and promise more than you can pay... like General Motors in USA(with their pension schemes).

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
good for you if you're telling the truth. just don't price yourself out and promise more than you can pay... like General Motors in USA(with their pension schemes).

We don't really have a choice as we need to compete with MNCs for good people and to keep good people. Keeping good people is not cheap anywhere and minimum wage does not apply.