• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

thai ppl are stupid ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why thai Mookata ( thai BBQ ) stove is round ? its difficult to bbq the meat cause the meat will fall into the soup !!!

[video=youtube;evBxn78uaJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evBxn78uaJU[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
theres also too many holes on the heat pan ..and the soup will get into the charcol ..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Shina bapok you mean like all these ugly and worthless locals you are better just because you are also a useless quitter?

Yes of course I'm better then you . You are just a piece of shit which your own mother don't even dare to tell you . :wink:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cox you dunno the art of eating mookata, its round because to let the juice flow to the stock, holes are to make the meat cook faster and let the air in also. Its way way better than teppanyaki or shabu shabu. LOL

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cox you dunno the art of eating mookata, its round because to let the juice flow to the stock, holes are to make the meat cook faster and let the air in also. Its way way better than teppanyaki or shabu shabu. LOL

The design itself is a fault ..why let the oil flow into the soup ? it's not even healthy . Even if you want the oil to flow into the soup there many ways of designing the stove . They can make it slightly bend and not round . As for those stupid holes for the air to flow in don't have to be near the soup area .. It can be at the bottom of the stove .

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

The design itself is a fault ..why let the oil flow into the soup ? it's not even healthy . Even if you want the oil to flow into the soup there many ways of designing the stove . They can make it slightly bend and not round . As for those stupid holes for the air to flow in don't have to be near the soup area .. It can be at the bottom of the stove .

Yes the point is letting the juice flow into the soup as well and the hole to cook the meat. I cannot say its better than teppanyaki or shabushabu because the mookata is just different so cannot compare. If want to compare with shabushabu must use MK la.

One part of the design I don't like is the part use to BBQ is too small to cook more meat and or meat keeps falling into soup.

I personally don't like to eat mookata because, I have to agree with drifter on this, its very oily and even if I have to eat I don't drink the soup, Singha or Chang is better to drink with mookata.

Mookata is cheap and somewhat tasty and as mentioned before in another thread I think by Alamaking is a blue collar food (I wouldn't call it poorman food) but even blue collar is not 100% right because many ladies like it too.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if invited by pals to eat at thai restaurant specializing in mookata, kindly request soup not to be added as gutter is best used for collection of oil and guck from meat being cooked on round top. moreover, the amount of soup in the shallow gutter is not enough for a true soup meal. juice, guck and oil in gutter can be left there as an option for those who wish to get their quadruple bypass surgery on the very next day. or they can be used to flavor soup sitting in a separate container. when you leave soup out of it, there is now more room for food to be cooked on the round top. and you don't get soup spilling into the perforation onto charcoal. at the end of the meal, if you wish to avoid bypass surgery and leave this world, the charcoal should be dry enough to perform last rites. make sure room is closed and windows shut.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moogata is not of thai origins.
Similar to suki (MK/Coca) which has Japanese origins to shabu shabu.
Moogata originated from Korean BBQ, before the word moogata was coined, it was originally known as yaang gaoli.
The grill design probably evolved over time to what we have today (for better or worse).

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Cool caveman. Good suggestion. Just leave the hot plate for BBQ. I should do it next time but am afraid those stupid thais according to drifter may oppose, will fight them to agree for once and cool maybe they will not invite me to have mookata next time, even better. :p

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The gutter was probably never meant for soup in the first place.
Other 2 in 1 type of steamboat has the soup pot in the middle instead.

if invited by pals to eat at thai restaurant specializing in mookata, kindly request soup not to be added as gutter is best used for collection of oil and guck from meat being cooked on round top. moreover, the amount of soup in the shallow gutter is not enough for a true soup meal. juice, guck and oil in gutter can be left there as an option for those who wish to get their quadruple bypass surgery on the very next day. or they can be used to flavor soup sitting in a separate container. when you leave soup out of it, there is now more room for food to be cooked on the round top. and you don't get soup spilling into the perforation onto charcoal. at the end of the meal, if you wish to avoid bypass surgery and leave this world, the charcoal should be dry enough to perform last rites. make sure room is closed and windows shut.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Moogata is not of thai origins.
Similar to suki (MK/Coca) which has Japanese origins to shabu shabu.
Moogata originated from Korean BBQ, before the word moogata was coined, it was originally known as yaang gaoli.
The grill design probably evolved over time to what we have today (for better or worse).

Wow, that's a revelation for me. Thanks Narong. In my recent visit to Japan I met a number of Japanese who has been to Thailand and all said they love to eat in MK because of the sauce. 2 of them also told me they had seen MK in Japan. Never know Japanese like MK so much.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, that's a revelation for me. Thanks Narong. In my recent visit to Japan I met a number of Japanese who has been to Thailand and all said they love to eat in MK because of the sauce. 2 of them also told me they had seen MK in Japan. Never know Japanese like MK so much.
Anytime bro as this is a topic closed to my heart....
I tried setting up a moogata franchise before but things din work out...

Incidentally, The name of the sauce is sukiyaki sauce...coined by Coca (the originators of thai suki)

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk about stupid food serving I always have a thing to say the way they serve satay sauce in Singapore in deep tiny bowl like that how to dip satay in, learn from the Thai la they serve in wide shallow plate easy to dip

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Anytime bro as this is a topic closed to my heart....
I tried setting up a moogata franchise before but things din work out...

Incidentally, The name of the sauce is sukiyaki sauce...coined by Coca (the originators of thai suki)

Talking about Coca, I used to live in Shanghai for a year, and I discovered a Coca in Raffles City in Shanghai's Tibet Road. One day I gave a treat to my staff. When they sat down to eat after collecting the meat and vegetables all of them were amazed at the cleanliness of the meat and vegetables presented before them. One commented ”国外的蔬菜和国外的人民一样那么干净那么文明。" I think its quite funny but then I could sense his elation as food in China even in Shanghai can be not so clean. (by the way this coca is closed)

In the past I used to frequent a mookata join in Huay Kwang night market (very inside not close to Ratchada) but then there are probably 50 mookata joins in Huay Kwang. Long time no eat. If you know of any good one around Ramintra or Ratchada area please recommend la.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Talk about stupid food serving I always have a thing to say the way they serve satay sauce in Singapore in deep tiny bowl like that how to dip satay in, learn from the Thai la they serve in wide shallow plate easy to dip

I never like satay in Thailand. Meat not tasty and very thin, sauce like lao-sai, serve with bread cut into squares. I think this is another stupid thing about Thailand. Ok I may be too harsh but has anyone taken a really good satay in Thailand? Please recommend. Thanks.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thais will tell you good moogata is dependent on the chilli dip...
I remember one in town in town...reason being they had dual pricing...one for without seafood and another price buffet that includes seafood.

My favorite is the famous one along ram 50 plus....massive place that can seat 1000....reason I like is the variety choice of cooked and uncooked items...for an extra 69 baht they will throw in a mini charcoal BBQ wire gauze pit.
Good place to bio syt uni babes that comes in groups also.

Talking about Coca, I used to live in Shanghai for a year, and I discovered a Coca in Raffles City in Shanghai's Tibet Road. One day I gave a treat to my staff. When they sat down to eat after collecting the meat and vegetables all of them were amazed at the cleanliness of the meat and vegetables presented before them. One commented ”国外的蔬菜和国外的人民一样那么干净那么文明。" I think its quite funny but then I could sense his elation as food in China even in Shanghai can be not so clean. (by the way this coca is closed)

In the past I used to frequent a mookata join in Huay Kwang night market (very inside not close to Ratchada) but then there are probably 50 mookata joins in Huay Kwang. Long time no eat. If you know of any good one around Ramintra or Ratchada area please recommend la.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never like satay in Thailand. Meat not tasty and very thin, sauce like lao-sai, serve with bread cut into squares. I think this is another stupid thing about Thailand. Ok I may be too harsh but has anyone taken a really good satay in Thailand? Please recommend. Thanks.
Thai satay is it those that have skewers like ice cream sticks? looks more like kebabs to me

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spot on. The design was flawed. The original design is from Korea. The pot is known as reverse wok. The gutter around is meant for collection of oil which dripped from the top and not for soup. Original design does not have holes and is made of Cast Iron. The ones you see on the video and in Thailand are the aluminium types which is more cheap and easier to maintain. The other type is copper/bronze steel alloy type served in "Hot Pot/Jum Saap" outlets. A good cast iron reversewok is THB 900-1500. The cheaper aluminium types cost THB 120-150.

Some Moo Kata outlets also served Jim Joom which is better option for steamboat.