• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tendon Or Cartilage

jw5

Loyal
I passed by a beef noodle hawker stall recently and saw that they were selling beef tendon soup. Thinking of trying.

Can anyone advise the following:
-- What types of tendon or cartilage are there that are usually eaten? Which animals and how is it cooked?
-- Where can you find stalls selling delicious tasting tendon or cartilage?
-- Are there any side effects of eating tendon or cartilage? Do they lead to having uric acid as in the case of eating large quantities of organ meat like kidney or liver?

AddinMedia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try beef stew noodle ( Chinatown - the hugh hawker center, can't remember the name ) which comes with beef tendon. I suppose eat all things in moderation won't do you harm, unless you are allergic to it.

I love beef stew and fried black beans beef hor fun, and it's frustrating to know there are not many in Singapore. Can't really understand why many local Taoists don't eat Beef while in Vietnam, Hong Kong and Taiwan the Taoists there doesn't seems to mind, base on the popularity of beef cuisine there.:wink:

cs