• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek's New formula: 10-20-30-40

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho Jinx is fronting the new Temasek strategy but I see Chip's fingerprints all over it. If you followed his tenure at BHP, you'll note that he was early in identifying China and emerging Asia as drivers for future demand in resources.

I think you will be surprised at how attuned Mr Goodyear is to Asian markets. Do expect more interesting changes in Temasek's strategy. BTW, I understand that Chip wasn't the first choice pick. Temasek was initially looking for banking experience (a certain ex HSBC bigwig turned down an offer).

Londontrader,

Those are fresh insights, and you might be accurate on all fronts. Chip might be smart enough to identify the burgeoning resources demands from emerging economies such as China, but it does not take exactly a rocket scientist to see that with the ever increasing amount of industrial output from Middle Kingdom, demand for resources will go up accordingly.

From what you have just wrote, I understand that Chip Goodyear's main asset is the ability to push deals across the boardroom table to be inked - due to his 'guanxi' with various influential people. That is useful, and also his apparent abilities to optimize a company's operations - he brought BHP Billiton out of debt after all.

However, are his credentials as CEO from BHP Billiton, the leading supplier of raw resources, sufficient and suitable to lead a SWF investment company? And what do you think of the 10-20-30-40 rule, is it a good funds diversification strategy to minimize loss risks and maximize long-term gains? Why is the 2nd choice Chip Goodyear, and not another investment and banking bigwig?

Thanks in advance for the inputs!

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2s7ta9z.jpg

Bullets fired at point-blank also cannot penetrate her super thick skin.