• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek says CAG chairman Liew Mun Leong contributed much to S'pore, cautions against jumping to judgment over case involving ex-maid

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
His so called "contribution" was rewarded with a $20m cash bonus in 2007.....money not enough ?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since this matter is still before the courts, wouldn't this count as interference?

Contempt of court/legal system?
No more in the Courts lah.

High Court appeal for criminal cases is the final court of appeal in Singapore. So Chan SO J's judgment on Friday overturning the District Court decision and acquitting Parti is final.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
No more in the Courts lah.

High Court appeal for criminal cases is the final court of appeal in Singapore. So Chan SO J's judgment on Friday overturning the District Court decision and acquitting Parti is final.

Thanks for explaining. Sorry I was looking for "Supreme Court". I guess High Court is the equivalent of that in Sg.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He got paid so much to contribute.... isn’t that fair reward already? Still need to pat his head and say good job, then grant him immunity meh?

It was necessary to pay him such high bonus. Otherwise, how else to justify the even higher bonus for his
bosses. Everything they do are just self-serving lah. He is just one lucky sperm.

oppo

Alfrescian
Loyal
856DEAF5-A183-46CD-8D26-0B66011FD14E.jpeg

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think this applies to Criminal cases except perhaps capital punishment cases.
Read Lim Tean’s comments. I think in this case it’s final. Could have gone higher if High Court upheld DJ’s sentence and conviction.

Years ago, my friend’s criminal case went all the way. Convicted at State Courts, upheld in High Court then Court of Appeal. CJ heard the appeal with 2 others. Steven Chong and another.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This reminds of of Penang boy Tay Chiang Wan who was drove to commit suicide even though he had built many HDB for low SES sinkies

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
This reminds of of Penang boy Tay Chiang Wan who was drove to commit suicide even though he had built many HDB for low SES sinkies
Recall Tay Kheng Soon said it was well known amongst the construction industry that Teh Chiang Wan was a bad corrupt egg from his days as head of HDB. LKY not a good judge of character as well.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that he spells it Teh
Should be (driven to commit suicide), not "was drove to commit suicide ..."