• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek Review Risks Shutting Down!

michaely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things are a lot cheaper now due to economies of scale and intense competition. Back in 2001, it was a whole different ball game. I used to pay $2 per gig of bandwidth and my site consumed bandwidth at the rate of 1000 gigs per month. That's USD24,000 per annum on bandwidth alone.

Vbulletin leased licenses cost USD180 per year and I needed 4 licenses ie one for each server.

Technical service fees for customised pearl scripts would typically be charged at USD80 to USD150 per hour. I didn't have a clue how to program this sort of stuff when I first started. I had to subcontract it out to those who did it for a living. It all added up to big bucks.

Come to think of it, USD30,000 is too low... could be more like USD40,000.

Hi Sam, thanks for your explanation.

I really admire you for having the guts to pump USD$30K+ into a website.

Well, i guess it's high risk high returns, you dare to do it and now you can live a comfortable life with the profit made, kudos to you :smile:

jw5

Loyal
People who claim that they are the "victims of their own success" are more often than not, the "causes of their own failure".

If you want to take on a group of arrogant people, it's important to have lots of humility, because it makes you stand out from them.
Note for the opposition party candidates as well.