• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TCB shows TKL what being an MAN is all about!

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love TCB's attitude!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: TKL, please learn to grow a pair of balls or borrow a set from TCB. No compromise, no going back on your word, no backstage negotiation. JUST DO IT!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORMER PAP MP Tan Cheng Bock has no plans to abandon his bid for presidency even if fellow presidential hopeful Tan Kin Lian contacts him about the possibility of one of them stepping aside.

'I'm not the kind of person who announces that I'm going to run, then after that decides not to. If I've made up my mind, nothing is going to change it,' he told The Straits Times yesterday.

He was asked for his response to Mr Tan's comments on Saturday that he was open to discussions with Dr Tan about the possibility of one of them stepping aside should both get certificates of eligibility from the Presidential Elections Committee.

Dr Tan said the former NTUC Income chief executive has not contacted him on the matter: 'But even if he did, I won't change my mind. I'm not open to the possibility of stepping aside. Nothing is going to change my mind about standing.'

Contacted yesterday, Mr Tan said he raised the possibility on Saturday because individuals, whom he did not identify, 'asked me to consider talking to Dr Tan Cheng Bock and discuss if one of us should drop out of the campaign to give the other candidate a better chance to contest against Dr Tony Tan'.

Former deputy prime minister Tony Tan announced last Thursday that he will run for the presidency as an independent candidate.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_684824.html

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can no longer quit the race. If he does a lot of people will spit on him.
He has reached the point of no return.

Z

Zombie

Maybe TKL will be using this excuse to back off..... like giving TCB a better chance to fight for the people.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He keeps saying that someone has approached to do this or that. People seem to run his life. Now someone has asked him to talk to TCB. Who are these people? His art of politics is poor.

He mentions that his friend Vijey is contacting someone to translate his campaign stuff in Tamil and then his friend Zaini is translating his stuff in Malay. Presumably it's his way to indicate that he has Indian and Malay friends and thus is acceptable cross culturally. I was wondering if he was going to wish Glenn Ong and Jean Danker well for their wedding to show that he is supportive of Eurasians as both of them have Eurasian parents.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
One step forward or two steps back.:biggrin: Any reasonable person can see through that.

For the sake of all who do not want to see TT in Istana, we should welcome TKL's decision to pull out rather then belittle him.

The battle against TT is not an easy fight. The weight of the MSM and the sheer number of Singaporeans who vote on the basis of TT's standing and previous high government post will make it a monumental task to win this election for Dr Tan Cheng Bock. Therefore, one less candidate in this fight will improve the odds immeasurably and allow an outcome that will see a candidate winning an outright majority and higher moral standing when there is a need to present a different approach from the government in any issue.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. I agree, and that is why I implied in another post that a split will ensure a TT win.

2. That is why if TCB is out of the running, I choose to spoil my vote.:smile:

Therefore, one less candidate in this fight will improve the odds immeasurably and allow an outcome that will see a candidate winning an outright majority and higher moral standing when there is a need to present a different approach from the government in any issue.

pfingo

Alfrescian
Loyal
easy, since TKL feels someone should step down and TCB doesn't want to...it's pretty obvious who should be standing one side? :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that TT is front runner because of the 60% and the Govt had endorsed him. Not sure about your approach. If you don't tell this chap that he has issues, he will continue to hallucinate that people want him to run.

I hope he does not end up being another Ralph Nader.

For the sake of all who do not want to see TT in Istana, we should welcome TKL's decision to pull out rather then belittle him.

The battle against TT is not an easy fight. The weight of the MSM and the sheer number of Singaporeans who vote on the basis of TT's standing and previous high government post will make it a monumental task to win this election for Dr Tan Cheng Bock. Therefore, one less candidate in this fight will improve the odds immeasurably and allow an outcome that will see a candidate winning an outright majority and higher moral standing when there is a need to present a different approach from the government in any issue.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
...we should welcome TKL's decision to pull out rather then belittle him.

That's a good point. While TKL art of politics is poor, some credit should go to him for taking an alternative stance.

I support TKL decision to pull out as it would be good for TCB, who seems to be OTC-like... for PAP nay sayers who said that TCB was a PAP MP, you may forgotten that OTC was an MP, Cabinet minister and then DPM!

TCB-and-OTC.jpg

Last edited:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
By saying that one of them have to step down to contest TT, TKL already concede defeat. It is obvious who should step down for greater good and be the hero behind the scene.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TKL should step aside and throw his weight behind TCB for the EP. This will allow him to save face and even score popularity points.

jw5

Loyal
I love TCB's attitude!!!!!

When asked by reporters on his views about Tony contesting, he welcomed it in the name of democracy.
If asked whether he was concerned about such a strong opponent, he said that he had fought 6 elections and was not concerned.

That's typical straightforward and bold. No praise of former pap ministar, no subtle dig at him or the pap, slight boast about the election thing, which is actually true.

When TKL was asked the same thing, his reply was that Tony had been associated with the pap government for more than 20 years and would be a good choice for people who want stability in policies.

The hard core supporters of both candidates won't realise it, but the neutrals should be able to see the differences in their responses.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When asked by reporters on his views about Tony contesting, he welcomed it in the name of democracy.
If asked whether he was concerned about such a strong opponent, he said that he had fought 6 elections and was not concerned.

That's typical straightforward and bold. No praise of former pap ministar, no subtle dig at him or the pap, slight boast about the election thing, which is actually true.

When TKL was asked the same thing, his reply was that Tony had been associated with the pap government for more than 20 years and would be a good choice for people who want stability in policies.

The hard core supporters of both candidates won't realise it, but the neutrals should be able to see the differences in their responses.

Reminds me of the interviews of both Nicole Seah and TPL when asked about their biggest regret. There was a big difference in the maturity of their replies:eek:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL supporters will not vote TT if TKL step down. They may vote TCB or void votes.

TCB voters will split 50-50 vote TT and TKL or even void vote if TCB step down.

It is easy to see who should step down if you don't want party endorse candidate to win.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>'I'm not the kind of person who announces that I'm going to run, then after that decides not to. If I've made up my mind, nothing is going to change it,' he told The Straits Times yesterday.>

He forgot that, there is god greater than him, one word from 'hairy', black can change into white in a nanosecond & night into day!

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

Somebody (perhaps victoros) shld remind TKL that the 1st elected president of SG, Ong Teng Cheong is also related to PAP and yet, he was very very well respected by many of us.

Therefore, please stop using this lame and lousy excuse. Moreover, is TKL totally unrelated to the PAP? Is TKL delusional?

TCB-and-OTC.jpg

Last edited: