• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TAXI fare up up!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thumb up for the fare increase. Krafty will be happy person income will increase by 10%.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE - ComfortDelGro, the largest taxi operator here, said today it would revise its taxi fare structure from 6am, next Monday.

Flag down fares will also go up by 20 cents across its ComfortDelGro's fleet of 15,600 cabs here, while distance fares will be increased by 2 cents. Advance booking fees will also be increased by $8 to encourage more drivers to accept such bookings. The S$3 city area surcharge, which is currently in effect between 5pm and midnight from Monday to Saturday, will be extended to included Sundays and Public Holidays as well.

Peak period surcharge, meanwhile, will be reduced from the current 35 per cent to 25 per cent of the metered fare. It will, however, be extended to Sundays and Public Holidays.

Booking fees will also come down from the current S$3.50 during peak periods and S$2.50 at all other times, to S$3.30 during peak periods and S$2.30 at all other times.

The last taxi fare revision exercise was conducted in December 2007, and ComfortDelgro says it is revising its taxi fare structure "to better match supply with the ever-growing demand for taxi services in Singapore". ComfortDelGro operates some 15,600 taxis of the 26,700 taxis on the roads here.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another increase so soon ? More good news for the sinkees who voted for the PAP . Hurray !!!

60% really brainwashed. Talk to them and you'll know what I mean. Everytime someone criticises PAP, these ignorant Paul Lampards would immediately flare up before trying to come up with justifications/excuses for the PAPpies. The emotional parts of their brain are engaged first before the rational parts: classic trait of the brainwashed. I really can't decide who's more brainwashed: Sinkie sheep or these lot

[video=youtube;B4puhfLTzdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4puhfLTzdc&feature=related[/video]

Muachee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMLJ 22cents per meter jump.. must bring one cents one cents to take cab ar? KNN.. at the end you sure will pay more than the so called 10% increase..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think this will help the cabbies as people will think twice about taking a cab. I've observed that my neighbourhood food court is struggling ever since the last price increase. There seem to be fewer customers compared to before the price hike. At least it's easier to get a table than in the past

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taxi drivers are also quite screwed over by taxi rentals, fuel prices and miscellaneous expenses.

Also, the taxi companies are spitting out more and more taxis onto the roads, resulting in lesser business for existing cabbies.

And once in a while, a cabbie may pick up someone who runs away without paying the fare, or a psycho bitch like Quan Yi Fong.

So, if you want someone to blame, blame the fatcats of Comfort-Delgro and SMRT.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seriously,

you all think comfort ani ho kan! :oIo::oIo:

i heard that by next year, they going to scrap the toyota crowns on the road, currently rental $80 to $90/- which means that all new rental for the auto cars will be at least $100+ and above depending on models.

secondly, it's true that there is a great shortage of taxis running on sundays, this move will bring those hirers resting on sundays to come out and drive.

that's all for now, preparing for more nonsense from unreasonable and unhappy passengers from next week onwards...:(

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxi drivers are also quite screwed over by taxi rentals, fuel prices and miscellaneous expenses.

Also, the taxi companies are spitting out more and more taxis onto the roads, resulting in lesser business for existing cabbies.

And once in a while, a cabbie may pick up someone who runs away without paying the fare, or a psycho bitch like Quan Yi Fong.

You got it absolutely right, Laksaboy. The culprits indeed are the taxi companies. But since these taxi companies are government-linked companies, the bigger culprit is the government. And since the government is formed by the PAP, the biggest culprit is the PAP. It is all down to PAP's greed. The greedy PAP want the taxi companies which they own to release as many taxis as they can because for each taxi that is brought onto the road, they earn big bucks since they able to get the taxis at a cheap price due to the large quantity they buy from the car manufacturers. They don't care at all how the taxi drivers fend for themselves or how commuters can continue to cope with cab fares increases. All the PAP think of is to generate as much revenue for the government linked companies such that the reserves will grow and grow. If taxi companies are not lucrative for them, they will never go into the business. Everyone knows whatever sector can make money, the government will foray into it. It's all the difficult to earn money type of businesses that the PAP will leave it to private sector.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think this will help the cabbies as people will think twice about taking a cab. I've observed that my neighbourhood food court is struggling ever since the last price increase. There seem to be fewer customers compared to before the price hike. At least it's easier to get a table than in the past

Midnight charge is from 12am to 6am right? from Dec 12, morning peak hour charges is from 6am to 9.30am, that means midnight charges from 12am to 9.30am right? no? that is not all;

The new evening peak hours is from 6pm to midnight & midnight charges is from midnight to 6am, morning peak hours from 6am to 9.30am,

That means:

Mon-Sun to Public holidays:

The extra charges will be from 6pm current day to next day 9.30am, which leaves 9.31am to 5.59pm every day, that one can hail a cab at normal prices, they might as well make it 25% all day long.

What you voted for, is what you get, don't complain, just vote for more GOod years!! thank you 60%, we love you!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got it absolutely right, Laksaboy. The culprits indeed are the taxi companies. But since these taxi companies are government-linked companies, the bigger culprit is the government. And since the government is formed by the PAP, the biggest culprit is the PAP. It is all down to PAP's greed. The greedy PAP want the taxi companies which they own to release as many taxis as they can because for each taxi that is brought onto the road, they earn big bucks since they able to get the taxis at a cheap price due to the large quantity they buy from the car manufacturers. They don't care at all how the taxi drivers fend for themselves or how commuters can continue to cope with cab fares increases. All the PAP think of is to generate as much revenue for the government linked companies such that the reserves will grow and grow. If taxi companies are not lucrative for them, they will never go into the business. Everyone knows whatever sector can make money, the government will foray into it. It's all the difficult to earn money type of businesses that the PAP will leave it to private sector.

remarkable parallels between PAP Inc and the East India Company

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What you voted for, is what you get, don't complain, just vote for more GOod years!! thank you 60%, we love you!!:rolleyes:

I used to stay in Potong Pasir. Long before the SDP existed, it was a PAP stronghold. When PP voted for Chiam I remember many PAP supporters would make fun PP & Chiam. Now that many PAP supporters are hurting financially they still vote for the PAP:eek:

I have to wonder about the 60%? PP was able to support opposition, but many Sporeans chose to close their eyes until the recent GE. Maybe it's the water or the kampong spirit that makes the resident of PP different:confused:
I think it's too late now. There are too many foreigners & incompetent people in the gov't.

C'est Le vie. I'll be checking out of this expensive hotel & joining the queue to leave:o

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most of us see it coming. It is not surprise.
Govt will increase all shit to tackle inflation.

Wages of the people still remains as we do not need to tackle inflation.:eek:

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal

Problematic drivers aside there are three options:

1) Get your own car (or even van for some people)
2) Car pool with friends
3) Take the public transport

Most people would be more than happy to take up one or more of the above choices in response.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern" - W.B.

That must not be my learned friend! That's not the point either, unless you want chaos to reign in society.