• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian declares he has no political ambitions

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do we actually define “politicizing” ?

In the context of the minibond fiasco, it probably mean making use of it to promote a political personage or cause without truly having the real interests of the investors at heart.

Since Mr Tan Kin Lian started organizing the minibond rallies at Hong Lim Park to speak on behalf of the investors to MAS and the financial institutions, his motives were questioned by various quarters, from his friends, ex-colleagues, the media and the investors themselves if he is doing so because he harbors any ambition of running for a political office in the future such as the Presidency.

Mr Tan had made his clarfications known on his blog here :

“I am already 60 years old and have more than enought savings to take care of my future needs and my family. I do not need to have “political ambitions” for my personal benefit.

I will continue my efforts until the mis-selling of the structured products is resolved satisfactorily.”

Mr Tan Kin Lian has offered his kind assistance to the investors willingly purely out of compassion for the many vulnerable investors who lost their entire life-savings from the purchase of the structure-linked products. Without him to organize and advise them, they will have to resign to their fates and accept whatever settlements the FIs give them which probably means zero compensation.

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/17/why-the-minibond-fiasco-was-never-politicized-by-any-parties/

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Very wise words indeed. Read the sentence properly, and you derive wisdoms.

You are quite sharp. :wink:

He does not need to get himself into politics, but I guess if there is a popular demand, he may just oblige.

Goh Meng Seng

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY might just loathe him if TKL tries to run for President. Furthermore he has the qualifications to do so, and he's at the right age. And he's 24 years younger than Nathan.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP might be running for cover if he is going to run for President. But anyway , before he is being elected. PAP will dig up all the dirts abt him and place BIG HEADLINE on ST.

Remember ....... the Guy ANDREW when he slated himself as a possible Presidental Candidate ? What happen to him ? Every body comes out from PAP cadre to dis credit him ! Such is the working in Singapore !

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He does not need to get himself into politics, but I guess if there is a popular demand, he may just oblige.

In any case, Goh Meng Seng shall surely oblige, and Tan Kin Lian has a reliable ally and team-mate to count on, especially for Chinese rallies.

You know, Meng Seng always lives by the principle, 国家有难,匹夫有责。赴汤蹈火,在所不辞。Singaporeans can count on him to stand again.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
In any case, Goh Meng Seng shall surely oblige, and Tan Kin Lian has a reliable ally and team-mate to count on, especially for Chinese rallies.

You know, Meng Seng always lives by the principle, 国家有难,匹夫有责。赴汤蹈火,在所不辞。Singaporeans can count on him to stand again.

Sorry Ramseth,

I cannot afford to run for next GE. Gotta start saving for retirement you know! In Singapore, if no money for retirement, you die your own problem, work until 80 years old also no one cares! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP might be running for cover if he is going to run for President. But anyway , before he is being elected. PAP will dig up all the dirts abt him and place BIG HEADLINE on ST.

Remember ....... the Guy ANDREW when he slated himself as a possible Presidental Candidate ? What happen to him ? Every body comes out from PAP cadre to dis credit him ! Such is the working in Singapore !

It'd be harder since he has more name recognition than the the previous guy in the previous presidential assessment process a few years ago.

And unlike the last time, Tan Kin Lan has actually fought for ordinary people for a noble cause. The only way the PAP can bin him is to arrest him under the ISA, but that will come at a cost. And that might scare foreigners away too- PAP is afraid of that.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I cannot afford to run for next GE. Gotta start saving for retirement you know! In Singapore, if no money for retirement, you die your own problem, work until 80 years old also no one cares! :wink:

Don't worry, Meng Seng supporters out there. He's just being modest. We all know that he could stand for election as a matter of fact. He didn't win then, but who beat the PAP as first-time candidate since independence? His result is not only respectable, some say thunderous.

Notably, all opposition MPs scored above 40% in a previous election before scoring a win in the next election. So Meng Seng is poised, or at least favorably positioned for a win. Giving this up would not only be a disfavor to himself but also letting all his supporters down.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, Meng Seng, all of us don't need to be rocket scientists to know you're gonna run again. Its just a matter of fact that hey it won't be the same place again, surprise, surprise. :cool:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, Meng Seng, all of us don't need to be rocket scientists to know you're gonna run again. Its just a matter of fact that hey it won't be the same place again, surprise, surprise. :cool:

LOL! Run ... run road to somewhere else maybe! LOL! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
this sounds better !

perhaps TKL should consider contesting Nathan.

it would be a big waste if TKL just walks away after the lehman-saga is resolved.

You are quite sharp. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry Ramseth,

Goh Meng Seng

you and your party are partly responsible for such rules....

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry Ramseth,

Goh Meng Seng

Than all the more you should stand up and fight for the dignity of old age stolen from you and us and not surrender to fate.
I hope Steve Chia can also come out to fight again.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry, Meng Seng supporters out there. He's just being modest. We all know that he could stand for election as a matter of fact. He didn't win then, but who beat the PAP as first-time candidate since independence? His result is not only respectable, some say thunderous.

Notably, all opposition MPs scored above 40% in a previous election before scoring a win in the next election. So Meng Seng is poised, or at least favorably positioned for a win. Giving this up would not only be a disfavor to himself but also letting all his supporters down.

"I'll not leave my man behind", that's what Goh Meng Seng said during one of the rallies in last GE on Gomez's saga. But now, he is going to run road?

Meng Seng, if local politics already in your blood, what's the point if physically you are elsewhere but your heart and mind are still in Sg?

_AXL_

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe TKL has no political ambitions.:wink: he is being inserted by the gahmen to make sure they resolve the issues peacefully. if no one (controlled by the gahmen) stands out, these poor investors might get someone (not accredited!!!:eek:) else to stand up and speak up for them. and then, the gahmen might not be able to control liao!!!

oh btw, to know what really is happening in stinkieland, u have to read foreign newspapers!!! LOL!!!:biggrin: