• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Jee Say and Goh Meng Seng speak in one voice

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
For one thing, I am not like you, being blinded by loyalty to WP. I am realistic and I give realistic assessment on the ground. People like you are the ones who screwed YSL and WP up by giving badly conceived comments and "advices". If YSL would have listened to me right from the start and WP did the necessary risk and crisis management, we won't be having by-elections in Hougang today.

Here again, you are giving crazy optimistic "predictions" without any firm basis. Whatever WP has gotten in GE2011 is the highest for Hougang and when one reached the peak, the only way is to go down. This is based on National average revealed by Presidential Elections. No matter what, even if you don't agree with PAP, there will always be 35% die hard PAP supporters in any wards, plus minus 3% maybe. Hougang is no different, except that the neutral voters may be lesser while die hard WP supporters may be higher than the norm 30%. This coincide with the GE2011 results for those under performing GRC or SMC for opposition.i.e. TKL plus TJS votes in PE2011. WP may well have about 35% to 40% die hard supporters but that's all for the advantage it enjoys.

WP's performance will not change whether I wish or not wish on whether it will perform badly. Similarly it will not be performing better just because you think so. All these are determined by the situation at hand and the situation is quite bad for WP, as someone like Char Azn has reiterated, the Yaw-gate, under-performance of WP MPs and there is no urgency for Hougang voters to vote WP because WP has 5 MPs plus 2 NCMP in parliament already. These are the key points which will determine WP's expected poor performance.

We are just being objective here and I feel that it is only good for opposition as a whole if WP performs badly, bad enough to ring a bell in their leadership but not enough for them to lose Hougang. If they really lose Hougang, dynamics will change drastically and LTK may even lose his SG post or Sylvia lose her Chairman position in the coming OPC.

Goh Meng Seng

It is not hard to understand you. You want WP to perform poorly because you think that will discourage it from edging into other people's territory. This is wrong on so many levels.

Firstly what you do online has minimal impact; its the malicious gossip you spread offline that is poisonous and which turns people against one another, and yet even that has no impact on how people will vote.

Secondly, the only way a party can grow is to contest more ground each time, and with better candidates. No party can grow if it just hogs the same two or three GRCs every time. No one will want to join that party because they know places are limited by virtue of that's party's lackadaisical attitude toward expansion.

Thirdly, even if WP does poorly that does not mean it cannot regroup and restrategize. Ironically regrouping and restrategizing is what NSP needs to do now, more than any party. (SDA and RP are hopeless, so no comparison).

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Seng, I've already opened plate. Talk is cheap. Place your bet.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP's performance will not change whether I wish or not wish on whether it will perform badly. Similarly it will not be performing better just because you think so.
Goh Meng Seng

So WP set high moral ground to sack YSL is wrong? You don't like a clean leader in Singapore?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The whole crisis management is below average though the ultimate sacking of YSL is the best thing it could do in such worsening situation.

WP leadership should not act so dodgy right from the beginning, from giving "no comment" to "you say it is just a rumour why ask me?". That is actually bad PR answers to give during such crisis. Even if you say "investigation is undergoing", that is far better than anything else from the way they managed it.

Sincerity is the key here and once you become dodgy and at the end of the day, you are proven to be in the wrong or not giving the full picture right from the start, voters' confidence in you will be gone.

Goh Meng Seng

So WP set high moral ground to sack YSL is wrong? You don't like a clean leader in Singapore?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole crisis management is below average though the ultimate sacking of YSL is the best thing it could do in such worsening situation.

WP leadership should not act so dodgy right from the beginning, from giving "no comment" to "you say it is just a rumour why ask me?". That is actually bad PR answers to give during such crisis. Even if you say "investigation is undergoing", that is far better than anything else from the way they managed it.

Sincerity is the key here and once you become dodgy and at the end of the day, you are proven to be in the wrong or not giving the full picture right from the start, voters' confidence in you will be gone.

Goh Meng Seng

Yawn. When it comes to YSL, you've completely run out of new things to say. Your relentless pursuit of YSL incident tantamounts to an old lady nitpicking. It just goes to show how micro you're, 成不了大器. YSL incident is regrettable. WP's handling of the incident can certainly improve. We get it. Move on. But you can't. You must repeat it each time you make a comment on WP.

Dodgy? Sincerity? How could you demand this when you, GMS, can't do this? Many weeks ago, you gave interviews to MSM, wax lyrical in your blog about possible 3-corner fights, dragging NSP and NS into the picture. Anyone with eyes and a little bit of brain can infer that you're insiduously trying to instigate a 3-corner fight. You even say a 3-corner fight is good for WP as the third candidate will pull votes from PAP. Did I remember correctly? Then last week (I think), you suddenly changed tune. You said this BE is for WP and PAP only, since it was WP which created this situation in the first place. If this is not a change in position, what is?

I've been asking you this: DID YOU CHANGE POSITION? AND WHY? Did you answer me? No. That's dodging. You've always advocate being transparent, no? Then asnwer the questions. If you don't give a direct reply, then you're not transparent. And therefore, you're insincere by advocating transparency when you can't live up to your own standard.

That, Mr. Goh, is called hypocrisy.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is people like you who screwed WP up in Yaw-gate. :smile:

You can't even interpret or understand what is written in proper context. I feel sorry for you and WP.

Let's face it, YSL ended up running road and unable to return to Singapore because everybody will be mocking or even spitting at him because he listened to people like you and Ramseth.

Do a simple apology with wife along his side, take a bow and swallow his pride, that would solve the problems for him as well as WP. You are the ones who are hypocrites, really. Refusing to see things in proper context but with all contempt. You let your emotions to your brains, if any, and that's why you never get it right from the start.

Goh Meng Seng

Yawn. When it comes to YSL, you've completely run out of new things to say. Your relentless pursuit of YSL incident tantamounts to an old lady nitpicking. It just goes to show how micro you're, 成不了大器. YSL incident is regrettable. WP's handling of the incident can certainly improve. We get it. Move on. But you can't. You must repeat it each time you make a comment on WP.

Dodgy? Sincerity? How could you demand this when you, GMS, can't do this? Many weeks ago, you gave interviews to MSM, wax lyrical in your blog about possible 3-corner fights, dragging NSP and NS into the picture. Anyone with eyes and a little bit of brain can infer that you're insiduously trying to instigate a 3-corner fight. You even say a 3-corner fight is good for WP as the third candidate will pull votes from PAP. Did I remember correctly? Then last week (I think), you suddenly changed tune. You said this BE is for WP and PAP only, since it was WP which created this situation in the first place. If this is not a change in position, what is?

I've been asking you this: DID YOU CHANGE POSITION? AND WHY? Did you answer me? No. That's dodging. You've always advocate being transparent, no? Then asnwer the questions. If you don't give a direct reply, then you're not transparent. And therefore, you're insincere by advocating transparency when you can't live up to your own standard.

That, Mr. Goh, is called hypocrisy.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is people like you who screwed WP up in Yaw-gate. :smile:

You can't even interpret or understand what is written in proper context. I feel sorry for you and WP.

Let's face it, YSL ended up running road and unable to return to Singapore because everybody will be mocking or even spitting at him because he listened to people like you and Ramseth.

Do a simple apology with wife along his side, take a bow and swallow his pride, that would solve the problems for him as well as WP. You are the ones who are hypocrites, really. Refusing to see things in proper context but with all contempt. You let your emotions to your brains, if any, and that's why you never get it right from the start.

Goh Meng Seng

Actually, I agree with you that YSL should apologise with wife, take a bow and swallow his pride.

But you avoided my questions completely, again. Did you change position? Why?

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Goh Meng Seng on Facebook:

[h=6]Sometimes I find it rather intrigued by some comments... one would expect that after Yaw-gate, voters in Hougang would be more discerning instead of depending on LTK's branding in Hougang but some people still think that Hougang voters will still vote any body from WP just because of LTK. Put it simply, they have suffered from LTK's misjudgement on YSL once, would they still depend solely on LTK's recommendation again? This by-election will be a local election with Hougang voters evaluating candidates from both sides carefully before casting their votes. Once bitten twice shy.[/h]

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
TJS and GMS. neither of you have any political experience or strong pol science degrees. SHUT UP.

How can you say TJS has no political experience? He tipped the outcome of the PE2011 to let Tony Tan win. How many veteran politicians have such influence as to be the deciding factor in a presidential race?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Methinks the good Captain is trying belly hard to join the PAP soon. He is beginning to sound like the lightning party.

Goh Meng Seng on Facebook:

[h=6]Sometimes I find it rather intrigued by some comments... one would expect that after Yaw-gate, voters in Hougang would be more discerning instead of depending on LTK's branding in Hougang but some people still think that Hougang voters will still vote any body from WP just because of LTK. Put it simply, they have suffered from LTK's misjudgement on YSL once, would they still depend solely on LTK's recommendation again? This by-election will be a local election with Hougang voters evaluating candidates from both sides carefully before casting their votes. Once bitten twice shy.[/h]

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see a problem with what Tan Jee Say said.
I'm fully confident that Worker's Party will reciprocate and not force 3 Cornered Fights in a constituency that has an opposition incumbent.

I might not be with WP, but it seems clear to me that WP stayed out of PP, Bukit Gombak and NSC under opposition incumbents, and even avoided activities in PP all this time. But I don't think that's what he (and some others) wants.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I agree with you that YSL should apologise with wife, take a bow and swallow his pride.

But you avoided my questions completely, again. Did you change position? Why?

Goodness, I see my friend step on another person's toe and feel he should apologise, the other person repeatedly come and tell me he should apologise.

B

Baluku

Ltk should just come out and apologise to Hougang voters.

And settle it once and for all.

Let us move on and united all oppositions together.

And make SGP a better place than what PAP can barely offer to us.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ltk should just come out and apologise to Hougang voters.

And settle it once and for all.

Let us move on and united all oppositions together.

And make SGP a better place than what PAP can barely offer to us.

He has nothing to apologise to.