• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Howe Liang 4 intn'l golds 1 olympic silver.Please google his achievements.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm so ashamed. A living symbol of our country's achievement in sports and what had been done for him? Gave him a licence to drive a taxi and get abused by both local and foreigners alike. Present job. Glorifed cleaner of weight equipment. I'll make sure at the least my children will hear of this story. Thank you Lee Kuan Yew.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan Howe Liang(陈浩亮)
Born May 5, 1933 (1933-05-05) (age 75)
Shantou, China
Known for Silver Medallist, (Weightlifting (Lightweight category))
1960 Summer Olympics

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He's local: only worth 10K at age 75, PRCs get 750,000K for the same silver at age 25

Pele

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Howe Liang also borned in China but migrated here with his parents like many of our ancestors. :smile:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't see how different he is compared to Li Jiawei who came here at 12/13 yrs old. She is now 28. I for one have no problem with Foreign born Athletes winning medals for us. Its not just us doing it, the US sent >30 FTs to the Olympics. Canada has an even greater number. To me What's more important is that they are willing to stay and continue to be part of the country even after their playing days. We should not be looking down on them, most of us are descendants of FTs to begin with. Even our most famous hero, Lim Bo Seng is an FT. However I have a lot of problems with FTs who are just in it for the money