• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tamiya mini 4x4 racing cars

OsamaBinLaden

Alfrescian
Loyal

hey guys... anyone remember the days of the tamiya 4x4 racing... used to race every weekend... around the plastic track... always excited to see wat the track gonna be like on raceday...

i have the sudden thought of returning to this hobby again...

those younger days... its very hard to afford the cars and all the modifications... so now working can afford better... and with watever small knowledge i still have of modifying these cars i can try my luck against some kids nowadays...

wondering if any bros have the thought of picking up this hobby again... can post here... cos i am serious about it...

i am going to the tamiya showroom after work today to pick up a model car and some necessary add-ons... will juz be concentrating on one car and modifying it up...

next raceday is on 19 july... and i intend to make my return on dat dat...

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes very fast. Some got the potential to make it run faster.

If they do, they should not be playing this anymore .

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i remembered using rechargable batteries, there was once i overcharged and for some reason it charged up the motor as well (gold one, not silver one) but it pretty burnt out my motor soon afterwards

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yeah... will b headhunt by AssAF to rig their bloody M113... Jus like wat they did to the aging skyhawk fleet... end up in complete failure.... haizz... :biggrin::biggrin:

i remembered using rechargable batteries, there was once i overcharged and for some reason it charged up the motor as well (gold one, not silver one) but it pretty burnt out my motor soon afterwards

There was tis guy i saw many years ago who full custormise his motor to run on 2 x 9V batt... End up de car flew out of track in every turn... But the speed on straight track is really impressive!! :biggrin::biggrin:

OsamaBinLaden

Alfrescian
Loyal

so many responses... those were the good old days when we were younger...

anyways... i wanna re-live those days again... any bro interested or is already in this tamiya thingy?

i juz bought a new car yesterday evening from the tamiya showroom... in PINK colour limited edition... how about dat to attract attention... and some modification stuff... the basic necessary modifications first... cos they were about to close... but i think i will be very buzy with my car for some time getting it ready for the next race on 19 july...

wif a bit of experience and knowledge... i can now say dat some modifications we see are actually not necessary and may actually deteriorate performance... in addition racing rules prohibit some modifications...

any bros still actively racing tamiyas mini 4wd...??

OsamaBinLaden

Alfrescian
Loyal

wif dat sort of speed i dont think it is legal for the tamiya racing... modified motor... used to dat before but cannot use for the legal races... only for races in the shops and amongst frens...

think now all race participants use same batteries... must buy the battery when registering... rechargeables are definitely out... at least last time i remember can use the different types of energiser...

OsamaBinLaden

Alfrescian
Loyal

stargek (tamiya authorised distributor in singapore) is holding a race on 19 july.

other than stargek... there are other independent race organisers... mainly in tampines and pasir ris... i not sure exactly where though but will find out... there is one tomoro at elias cc in pasir ris.

madcap386

For bros that is still interested in this hobby, check out the threads here which contains the racing dates, some member's car setup etc.. :o

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1972228

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal

hey guys... anyone remember the days of the tamiya 4x4 racing... used to race every weekend... around the plastic track... always excited to see wat the track gonna be like on raceday...

i have the sudden thought of returning to this hobby again...

those younger days... its very hard to afford the cars and all the modifications... so now working can afford better... and with watever small knowledge i still have of modifying these cars i can try my luck against some kids nowadays...

wondering if any bros have the thought of picking up this hobby again... can post here... cos i am serious about it...

i am going to the tamiya showroom after work today to pick up a model car and some necessary add-ons... will juz be concentrating on one car and modifying it up...

next raceday is on 19 july... and i intend to make my return on dat dat...

damn...when everyone was modding their cars to the moon then suddenly all those stupid ruling..cannot use recharge batt, cannot this cannot that...

OsamaBinLaden

Alfrescian
Loyal
damn...when everyone was modding their cars to the moon then suddenly all those stupid ruling..cannot use recharge batt, cannot this cannot that...

i think now even more strict... the official stargek (authorised distributor) races u can only use the batteries sold by them on raceday... no other batteries... i guess dats level playing field as far as batteries are concerned...

i remembered last time when i race when i was a boy... u can only use energisers... but there are many different energisers in the market... u can use any energiser...