• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taiwanese Girl will have the honor of carrying the Singapore Flag.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mass importation of Migrants to represent Singaporeans in Sports & Now a Foreigner to carry the State Flag. Only in Singapore. Face it Singaporeans. We got no Looks, No Talent and is worth Shit.-- SINGAPORE FOR FOREIGNERS!!!!!

Above: Winner Mio Lin (centre) with first runner-up Nadiah Binte Mohamed Halim, 20, (right) and second runner-up Khoo Shu Yun, 25 at the unveiling of the winner of SingTel Grid Girls 2011 competition.

A student beat 500 over hopefuls to represent Singapore at the front of the starting grid at the upcoming Singapore Grand Prix next Sunday.

18-year-old Mio Lin was crowned the winner of the SingTel Grid Girls 2011 competition on Saturday, which saw a record number of entrants.

The Taiwanese student at TMC Academy will have the honour of holding the national flag at the SingTel Grand Prix on Sept 25, which will be broadcast live to over 600 million viewers worldwide.

Coming in second and third were Nadiah Binte Mohamed Halim, 20 and Khoo Shu Yun, 25, who would have the honour of carrying the Formula One flag and the Singapore GP flag respectively.

While the top three were chosen by judges, the public also had a chance to decide the winner. Votes which were cast on SingTel's website made up 50 per cent of the results.

The SingTel Grid Girls will be on track come race day, guiding drivers to their cars and adding a touch of glamour.
RELATED STORIES
Meet the Top 12 SingTel Grid Girls

2010 SingTel Grid Girls

More F1 reports

Lin walked away with a $10,000 cash prize while the first- and second-runner up won $5,000 and $3,000.

The judges also decided to award special prizes to two Grid Girls, Tabitha Loke, 19, and Deborah Heng, 20 with special prizes. Both received a 32" LG TV.

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
singtel-grid-girls-2011-photo-1316261187.html

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If the public was informed about her nationality before voting, would she still have won? Doubtful. Singtel is one of the biggest FT porlumpar GLC around. For them, their org is so impregnated with FTs that the thought of a Taiwanese carrying the Singapore flag at one of their sponsored events is not even given an afterthought. Pretty pathetic if u ask me.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Problem was the locals who join the competition all CMI. U think we have a choice?

no leh...i walk around the neighborhood can see some chio bus....think the chio bus dun want to "sexpose" themselves..

Vivian's daughter - chio? That Khaw's daughter also quite chio? but they won't come out right? hee..

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no leh...i walk around the neighborhood can see some chio bus....think the chio bus dun want to "sexpose" themselves..

Vivian's daughter - chio? That Khaw's daughter also quite chio? but they won't come out right? hee..

U're telling me. Come down to CBD area during lunch time. Chio Bu all around. No idea where all of them disappear to when we have beauty pageants

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U're telling me. Come down to CBD area during lunch time. Chio Bu all around. No idea where all of them disappear to when we have beauty pageants

if i am chio bu n have a high paying salary- why shld i come out to be sexposed esp knowing that my photos can be splashed on all different medias and the subject of pcc by perverts?

no lah...if I have a chio daughter, i won't encourage her to come out as well...hee

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chio bu very subjective ......Organiser might be looking for some other points in a beauty contest. Yes, shenton way got lots of chio bu, but they don't have the confidence and aura to carry it on stage....

As you also know, singkie ladies always have this mentality that they are the prettiest, why should i let these sexist look at my body ?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chio bu very subjective ......Organiser might be looking for some other points in a beauty contest. Yes, shenton way got lots of chio bu, but they don't have the confidence and aura to carry it on stage....

As you also know, singkie ladies always have this mentality that they are the prettiest, why should i let these sexist look at my body ?

I agree, Chio Bu is subjective, but when the Miss Universe and whatever winner of beauty pageants have consistently been dismissed by just about everyone that isn't the judge as NOT Chio yet we see plenty of chio bus on the street, something is VERY WRONG with the judge's definition of Chio Bu

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree, Chio Bu is subjective, but when the Miss Universe and whatever winner of beauty pageants have consistently been dismissed by just about everyone that isn't the judge as NOT Chio yet we see plenty of chio bus on the street, something is VERY WRONG with the judge's definition of Chio Bu

actually, i take those chio bus in CBDs with a pinch of salt...if after makeup removal, they will be as chio? Many look chio because of makeup...

neighbourhood chio bus different, they look chio with little or no make up.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually, i take those chio bus in CBDs with a pinch of salt...if after makeup removal, they will be as chio? Many look chio because of makeup...

neighbourhood chio bus different, they look chio with little or no make up.

Aiyah, those beauty pageants also wear tons of makeup and still look CMI.

Frankly speaking it's another thing I keep telling my friends. Jipun Zha Bohs and Korean Zha bohs look good coz they put tons of makeup, local women dun usually put on a lot of make up.

Make up is a man's worse enemy when it comes to identifying natural beauty

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah, those beauty pageants also wear tons of makeup and still look CMI.

Frankly speaking it's another thing I keep telling my friends. Jipun Zha Bohs and Korean Zha bohs look good coz they put tons of makeup, local women dun usually put on a lot of make up.

Make up is a man's worse enemy when it comes to identifying natural beauty

Korean zhabors...many gone under the knife

aiya...local zha bors not say dun put on makeup...some dunno how to put on properly -make it worse instead of improving the beauty...

the other factor - laziness

Last edited: