• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sylvia Lim: We did NOT expect to win SK at all!!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The residents there ought to keep the WP in power... the PAP will throw in plenty of perks and freebies to bribe them. :wink:

That will definitely not happen in a PAP ward, especially in a PAP stronghold like my area. Wait long long. :cool:
More the reverse is true. Oppo constituencies get their facilities and services taken away. Look at potong pasir, I heard the post office was taken away, n the MRT was nearly not built. N last in upgrading

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More the reverse is true. Oppo constituencies get their facilities and services taken away. Look at potong pasir, I heard the post office was taken away, n the MRT was nearly not built. N last in upgrading

That's because dimwits keep voting for the PAP, resulting in a de facto one party totalitarian shithole, a regime which assumes it has the divine right to rule and thus can get away with such things.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
For sure the "CSM effect" forever changed the face of opposition politics. It finally meant an end of an era for the likes of Parrot Man, Slipper Man and Yap keng ho. I remember reading even He Tingru said she joined WP after 2011 to assist CSM.

He gave credibility back to opposition candidates.

It's just a pity he couldn't leave a bigger legacy than he should have.
CSM has no achievements at all. He is there for show. He talk crap in parleement. N could not hold on to his ward in 2015. Good he step down.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because dimwits keep voting for the PAP, resulting in a de facto one party totalitarian shithole, a regime which assumes it has the divine right to rule and thus can get away with such things.
Yup even a dog under the pap banner can win. Look at Jo's teo. Disgracefool. Tin pot ling. Charles Chong. Fuck up soo much n still can win. Wat more can I say?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My dad knee appt. In pain now. Understand the surgery only can be done end of this year. Need to join the Q. No tks to the 61% sinkies.

ginfugly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sylvia got a great man behind her. Quah Kim Song.

Soccer%2BAnnual%2B77.jpg

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For sure the "CSM effect" forever changed the face of opposition politics. It finally meant an end of an era for the likes of Parrot Man, Slipper Man and Yap keng ho. I remember reading even He Tingru said she joined WP after 2011 to assist CSM.

Agree with your sentiments. But it's good to know that he was actually helping out in the
backroom, doing all the heavy lifting in the backroom.

The major difference between WP recruitment quality and PAP is that people like He Tingru
has been involved for nearly nine years. The same cannot be said of the new PAP MPs. Most
probably, they became members only after being approached to stand as candidates. THAT
is how sincere when they proclaimed that they want to "serve".

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My dad knee appt. In pain now. Understand the surgery only can be done end of this year. Need to join the Q. No tks to the 61% sinkies.

Your bapak wrong race and/or wrong SES. :biggrin:

Look at Mugabe, Gleneagles Hospital's most loyal customer. Can fly/walk in anytime, no need to queue. :cool:

mugabe.jpg

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way WP won SK GRC was different from how AJ GRC was won. The latter was more on painstakingly walking the ground for years while the former was due to the mistakes committed by pap. Since SK GRC was a new grc, WP don't have the luxury of time to walk the ground.

It was helmed by a relatively lightweight minister whom voters don't know much. The rest of the team consists of middle age men whom young voters can't connect with.

Other than LPM the rest of the team was transferred from elsewhere. The incumbency effect was reduced to bare minimum.
Unsurprisingly, heard only LPM won his district by a small margin.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
He Tingru and Jamus are eloquent speakers but are they good debaters? Jamus showed promise during the live debate with Vivian but the real test will be in Parliament.

WP almost lost Aljunied in 2015 because Chen show mao was quite disappointing in his first term despite his credentials. I hope WP learnt from this.

AJ GRC GE15 was more of a national swing that worked against all oppositions. Looking at the numbers, Wp AJ team lost less than 4% Vs 10% swing overall. If not for the fact that WP are able to connect to the ground, AJ GRC would have been retaken by Pap.

Parliamentary performance and TC issue had limited impact.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Agree with you. He should have gone further but I guess politics is not his forte after all. More a technocrat.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AJ GRC GE15 was more of a national swing that worked against all oppositions. Looking at the numbers, Wp AJ team lost less than 4% Vs 10% swing overall. If not for the fact that WP are able to connect to the ground, AJ GRC would have been retaken by Pap.

Parliamentary performance and TC issue had limited impact.
Then explain how CSM lost his ward in 2015 GE

Last edited: