• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Swine flu cases explode in Japan

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
05/18/09 06:59 AM
Swine flu cases explode in Japan as school official dies in N. Y. City
By Eliane Engeler and Mari Yamaguchi
ASSOCIATED PRESS

GENEVA — Health experts are looking very closely at the spread of swine flu in Spain, Britain and Japan, a World Health Organization official said Sunday as Japan reported a one-day explosion to 92 cases, most of them among teenagers.

A hospital official, meanwhile, said an assistant school principal had become New York City’s first fatality linked to the swine flu virus.

Flushing Hospital Medical Center spokesman Andrew Rubin said Mitchell Wiener died Sunday evening. Wiener, who worked at an intermediate school in Queens, had been sick for nearly a week before his school was closed Thursday. He had been hospitalized and on a ventilator.

The city’s first outbreak of swine flu occurred three weeks ago, when about 700 students and 300 other people associated with a Catholic high school in Queens began falling ill after several students returned from vacations in Mexico, the epicenter of the outbreak.

Officials announced the closing of five more schools in Queens, bringing New York City’s current total to 11. Health officials said four public schools and one Catholic school would close today for up to five school days.

Six other schools were closed over the last few days after hundreds of students became ill with suspected swine flu symptoms.

The swine flu epidemic is expected to dominate the WHO’s annual meeting, a five-day event that will begin today in Geneva and involve health officials from the agency’s 193 member states.

Sometime during the meeting, Dr. Margaret Chan, WHO’s director-general, will reveal experts’ recommendations on producing a swine flu vaccine. Pharmaceutical companies are ready to begin production, but many decisions first must be made — such as how much to make, how it should be distributed and who should get it.

As of Sunday, the swine flu virus — which WHO calls the A (H1N1) virus — has sickened at least 8,480 people in 40 countries. Seventy-six people, mostly in Mexico, have died.

Japan’s Health Ministry confirmed dozens of new cases, prompting school closings and events.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
swine-flu-health-environment.jpg
zombie-swine-flu-199x300.jpg

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
05/18/09 06:59 AM
Swine flu cases explode in Japan as school official dies in N. Y. City
By Eliane Engeler and Mari Yamaguchi
ASSOCIATED PRESS

GENEVA — Health experts are looking very closely at the spread of swine flu in Spain, Britain and Japan, a World Health Organization official said Sunday as Japan reported a one-day explosion to 92 cases, most of them among teenagers.

A hospital official, meanwhile, said an assistant school principal had become New York City’s first fatality linked to the swine flu virus.

Flushing Hospital Medical Center spokesman Andrew Rubin said Mitchell Wiener died Sunday evening. Wiener, who worked at an intermediate school in Queens, had been sick for nearly a week before his school was closed Thursday. He had been hospitalized and on a ventilator.

The city’s first outbreak of swine flu occurred three weeks ago, when about 700 students and 300 other people associated with a Catholic high school in Queens began falling ill after several students returned from vacations in Mexico, the epicenter of the outbreak.

Officials announced the closing of five more schools in Queens, bringing New York City’s current total to 11. Health officials said four public schools and one Catholic school would close today for up to five school days.

Six other schools were closed over the last few days after hundreds of students became ill with suspected swine flu symptoms.

The swine flu epidemic is expected to dominate the WHO’s annual meeting, a five-day event that will begin today in Geneva and involve health officials from the agency’s 193 member states.

Sometime during the meeting, Dr. Margaret Chan, WHO’s director-general, will reveal experts’ recommendations on producing a swine flu vaccine. Pharmaceutical companies are ready to begin production, but many decisions first must be made — such as how much to make, how it should be distributed and who should get it.

As of Sunday, the swine flu virus — which WHO calls the A (H1N1) virus — has sickened at least 8,480 people in 40 countries. Seventy-six people, mostly in Mexico, have died.

Japan’s Health Ministry confirmed dozens of new cases, prompting school closings and events.

gayboy , its still better then your ass kena fuck until explode ..

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not eat pork retribution, cannot be country so hygienic and people so courteos, considerate and civic minded.

Must be this retribution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

"Unit 731 (731 部隊 ,Nana-san-ichi butai?) was a covert biological and chemical warfare research and development unit of the Imperial Japanese Army that undertook lethal human experimentation during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) and World War II. It was responsible for some of the most notorious war crimes carried out by Japanese personnel.

Officially known by the Imperial Japanese Army as the Kempeitai Political Department and Epidemic Prevention Research Laboratory, it was initially set up under the Kempeitai military police of the Empire of Japan to develop weapons of mass destruction for potential use against Chinese, and possibly Soviet forces."

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not eat pork retribution, cannot be country so hygienic and people so courteos, considerate and civic minded.

Must be this retribution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

"Unit 731 (731 部隊 ,Nana-san-ichi butai?) was a covert biological and chemical warfare research and development unit of the Imperial Japanese Army that undertook lethal human experimentation during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) and World War II. It was responsible for some of the most notorious war crimes carried out by Japanese personnel.

Officially known by the Imperial Japanese Army as the Kempeitai Political Department and Epidemic Prevention Research Laboratory, it was initially set up under the Kempeitai military police of the Empire of Japan to develop weapons of mass destruction for potential use against Chinese, and possibly Soviet forces."

yes , the retribution is japan become the riches country in asia ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Simple, you will know it when it happens to you.

Don't believe doesn't means that it does not exists.

theres a word call "coincidence " many religions like to use the word retribution to scare people . some of them even like to use the word " karma " .

do you believe that an elephant have been hiding in the back seat of my car ? well , of course you do not believe , so it means that it will still happen ? or do you believe theres superman ? if you dont , does it mean he exists ?

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Used to think the same way too, and I don't blame you for thinking the same way too. Until....

Retribution happens quite instantly to people who believes and somehow becomes wiser after.

Nothing better to experience it for yourself.

theres a word call "coincidence " many religions like to use the word retribution to scare people . some of them even like to use the word " karma " .

do you believe that an elephant have been hiding in the back seat of my car ? well , of course you do not believe , so it means that it will still happen ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Used to think the same way too, and I don't blame you for thinking the same way too. Until....

Retribution happens quite instantly to people who believes and somehow becomes wiser after.

Nothing better to experience it for yourself.

in life , theres always up and down ...do not expect life is like a bed of roses ..when the shit hits the fan , alot of people will use retribution to explain ...are you one of them ? if you are one of those people , i will rest my case ....

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life is full of coincidences....from wiki..this life you kill next life you get kill.
It's simple enough to understand for those who would.

World War II
The bombardment area continued to shift towards Caen. On the evening of 7 July, 467 airplanes flew in clear weather and dropped 2,276 bombs[citation needed]. The bombings did little to harm the German forces, but the northern suburbs were mostly destroyed in the attacks. French civilians also bore the brunt with about 3,000 being killed[citation needed]. The German air defence was able to shoot down one airplane, and three others fell over Allied air space. The air bombardment was supported by naval gunfire from offshore ships.

600 years earlier…
Almost 600 years before being devastated in 1944 during World War II, Caen was similarly ravaged by war in 1346 when King Edward III of England led his army against the city, the richest in Normandy at the time, hoping to loot it. On 26 July 1346 his troops stormed the city and sacked it, killing 3,000 of its citizens and burning much of the merchants' quarter.

in life , theres always up and down ...do not expect life is like a bed of roses ..when the shit hits the fan , alot of people will use retribution to explain ...are you one of them ? if you are one of those people , i will rest my case ....

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Life is full of coincidences....from wiki..this life you kill next life you get kill.

World War II
The bombardment area continued to shift towards Caen. On the evening of 7 July, 467 airplanes flew in clear weather and dropped 2,276 bombs[citation needed]. The bombings did little to harm the German forces, but the northern suburbs were mostly destroyed in the attacks. French civilians also bore the brunt with about 3,000 being killed[citation needed]. The German air defence was able to shoot down one airplane, and three others fell over Allied air space. The air bombardment was supported by naval gunfire from offshore ships.

600 years earlier…
Almost 600 years before being devastated in 1944 during World War II, Caen was similarly ravaged by war in 1346 when King Edward III of England led his army against the city, the richest in Normandy at the time, hoping to loot it. On 26 July 1346 his troops stormed the city and sacked it, killing 3,000 of its citizens and burning much of the merchants' quarter.

how do you know theres life after death , or stupid thing like reborn ?

why are you talking about war ? any conection ? in war theres a thing called revenge ....

To you I'm an atheist , to your God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

im going to bed now , its not because your " god " has ask me to sleep , its because im sleepy ..as simple as that ....cheers .

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You believe in luck? People who believes in coincidences usually do.

I don't.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You believe in luck? People who believes in coincidences usually do.

I don't.

nice try , but try harder , i dont believe in luck as i dont gamble . not even toto or 4D when im staying in singapore , i prefer using my brian to make money rather using luck as i dont believe in that too .....good night

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't believe in God, nothing to do with his existence, nor do I fear God.

God has nothing to do with me because I have nothing to do with God.

But God exists whether atheists believe or not, same as ghosts, and other beings you cannot see with the naked eyes.

Do they exists? Yes!

how do you know theres life after death , or stupid thing like reborn ?

why are you talking about war ? any conection ? in war theres a thing called revenge ....

To you I'm an atheist , to your God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.