• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sweeping Powers for Poodles To Silence CSJ & Co.!

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
......In response, Second Home Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam noted that he and Mr Siew appeared to be coming from different starting points.
For example, on the issue of the police potentially abusing their powers in stopping a person from filming, he said: 'Mr Siew's perception is that all police officers will behave illegally. They'll be smart and they'll direct deletion because they don't want a record of what they have just done.
'I come from the opposite perspective. I think we come from the perspective that our officers are fundamentally honest...'

=> Thambi puts words in others' mouth again to siam question!

Where abuses may occur, he said the Act requires the officer to give reasons to justify why he directed the deletion.

Looking at his response to concern from NMP and opposition, shanmugam is beyond hope in really understanding what is real concern. By disallowing filming of security action, the act simply prevents forming of evidence in any way to fault by police during operation. Just like what they have done to prevent anyone who try to investigate members of parliament or Ministers.

Has he at any moment realised the real consequences of how this act will affect Singapore. I can easily draw parallel to what is happening in Malaysia where the Authority work as a minion of BN with no consequence to their action, thus resulting in the abuse of power and shedding of responsibilities.

And his reply is that the other party view the police as evil? He does not even answer what is a genuine concern. Is the police really that clean? I wonder if he actually read from newspaper about Singapore police personnel being charge of corruption? It is not just one but many.

The worst thing is his proposal of control by simply asking the officer concern to justify the act if the indiscripency occurs? If I have done something wrong, I can give millions of justification and they can all be valid. I mean, grow up Shanmugam.

To think that Sinkees willing to pay this guy millions to come up with this kind of thing. *sigh*

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To think that Sinkees willing to pay this guy millions to come up with this kind of thing. *sigh*

You seems to sound that sinkies are independent thinker that willingly to allow this guy to have millions of pay.

Correction: Sinkies Lan Lan cannot do anything about it when this guy help himself to the millions.

If the PAP increase their pay to another few millions what can you do, Protest??? you think they got balls like those Thais.. give me a break.