• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SUBHAS ANANDAN - The Top Criminal Lawyer in Singapore

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Francis was good in Sunny's case, however going by the materials the evidence apart from the corpse against Sunny was pretty much overwhelming. I doubt even Marshall or LKY could have saved Sunny's neck.

Yes, he was the celebrity prosecuting lawyer of his days. Those were the days when his name just appearing as prosecutor would strike fear into defendants and defence counsels. And he was really good, for in those days, not only had he got the judge to contend with, he also had to convince the jury. I think that he still holds the record for sending the most accuseds to the gallows in a single case, 18 of them if I recall correctly, in the Pulau Senang prison riot case. In fact, I think that he probably still holds the overall record over all cases.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps that is why Rubin became a full J while Amarjit remained a JC? Interesting that both are married to dynamic capable bright women.
You know the picture well.

Amarjit and KS Rajah, both JCs could not stomach the fact that some laws were outright wrong. Both incidently made it known in their judgements where oral sex should stand amongst other things.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Francis was good in Sunny's case, however going by the materials the evidence apart from the corpse against Sunny was pretty much overwhelming. I doubt even Marshall or LKY could have saved Sunny's neck.

To me the Nonis case stands out as one of Marshall's best and probably put's him in a league of his own. Again from the materials, I get the impression that Nonis may well have committed murder.

The Nonis case was outstanding. An open and shut case that fell apart and Nonis was one lucky prick.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that he still holds the record for sending the most accuseds to the gallows in a single case, 18 of them if I recall correctly, in the Pulau Senang prison riot case. In fact, I think that he probably still holds the overall record over all cases.

Francis always peformed very well when there is a gallery. Yes, he still holds the record. Something that does not sit well with his current position.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah!.... none seemed to have offered that in days of yore, Facts are Facts. Impressive gift of the gab in me Queens English is definitely a great advantage that impresses the hell out of the mainly local secondary school level jury members! very different from the blubbering lawyers you see in the courts nowadays. Witless is what I describe of them!

Try that in the present day judicial system!

It's ludicrous "My decision stands!" without the the need to offer grounds for it despite vehement protests and in the face of cogent arguments that even layman can understand!

Try to apologise for that!

legalrights

SINGAPORE: The registered owner of the Brookes Business School, Benny Yap, has engaged top criminal lawyer Subhas Anandan to act for him.

Mr Subhas told Channel NewsAsia that he will handle the civil and criminal charges levelled against his client.

Mr Yap faces action from Australian university RMIT for offering degree courses without authorisation. He also faces a civil suit from students trying to recover their fees.

This after the Brookes Business School was ordered to shut down by the Education Ministry for peddling fake degrees.

Mr Subhas said Mr Yap, who has spent more than S$1 million to pay his students, has repaid the school fees of about 50 students. Some students have also been transferred to other study schemes.

Mr Subhas said: “I don’t think it is going to be a long drawn—out battle because the issues are quite clear. It is a matter of looking at the legal positions of some of the students.

"As far as our client is concerned, he does not want any of his students to lose out. If he can’t pay them the money, he’ll try to make alternative arrangements for them to go to some other universities who will take them in."

Meanwhile, one of the students trying to recover the fees said he and a group of 50 others will go ahead with a legal suit against Mr Yap.

"Mike" who came on Channel NewsAsia’s Talking Point said he does not believe Mr Yap is sincere in helping them.

He said: "Of course I will tell them about this but I’m very sure that they will still consider taking legal action because Benny Yap has promised a lot of things which have not materialised so far. He has cheated us many times and we don’t trust him anymore."

Channel NewsAsia understands that some former students of the Brookes Business School who are currently working have had their pay severely cut by employers, because of the fake degrees.

Some who are in managerial positions saw cuts of nearly 50 per cent. Others were demoted or had their services terminated, while some students with the fake degrees resigned before their employers found out.

jw5

Loyal
"Subhas Anandan is undoubtedly the best known criminal lawyer in Singapore. From taking on Singapore's most infamous cases, such as that of Anthony Ler, Took leng how and Ah long san, to espousing his views on the mandatory death sentence and police entrapment, Subhas Anandan has become the face of criminal defence in Singapore."

Subhas Anandan, the man that deserved huge respect! This is the man that do the job that no other lawyers are willing to do. This is the man, willing to fight for the common good. This was the man that grew up in the old woodlands/sembawang area, being framed by rouge policeman, got imprisoned. This is a man that stood against elitism. A man that stood against the test of time and fate. He fought many good fights all because he truely believes that even the most heinous offender deserves a proper trial.

I have created a groupe in face book called "SUBHAS ANANDAN - The Top Criminal Lawyer in Singapore"

Please join this group, if you truely believe in what this man believes!
What is his win-loss record?