• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STTA contract "insulting and insincere."

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Head coach Liu quits Singapore table tennis team

SINGAPORE, Oct. 14 (Xinhua) -- Liu Guodong, who helped Singapore win its first Olympic medal in 48 years, is to quit as coach of the women's national table tennis team.

He has turned down a new two-year contract offered to him by the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA), local daily The Straits Times reported on Tuesday.

Speaking to the newspaper over the telephone on Monday, Liu, who is now on a short break in South Korea, called the contract "insulting and insincere."

The 34-year-old said the salary he was being offered did not match his expectations, however he maintained that its was not about the money, "it's about recognition and respect for the contributions I have made to Singapore."

"What they have put on the table is simply insulting and insincere. They are forcing me to leave."

He said the new deal would also take away many of the decision-making powers that a head coach should have.

"Under the new contract, the STTA would have overall control over the direction of the team. If I don't have any say, I can't deliver results. And if I can't deliver results, there is no point in me staying on," he was quoted as saying by the newspaper.

The Chinese coach, who joined Singapore team in 2006, will now serve his last day on Dec. 31.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is most unfortunate distaste from the STTA incident will continue to linger. While it would nice to see people moving on from this issue, we have to accept the fact that some will continue to linger on this issue. This matter will stay in the minds of some for years to come.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is most unfortunate distaste from the STTA incident will continue to linger. While it would nice to see people moving on from this issue, we have to accept the fact that some will continue to linger on this issue. This matter will stay in the minds of some for years to come.

The silver medal is a ONE HIT WONDER, the next olympic silver medal will be in another 48 years time from now!:biggrin:

Now, 'cance' had spread to the 'balls'...I mean ping pong balls from the woman to the ping pong association! ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

Quick, a good doctor is needed, who do you call?:wink:

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope the main players will also follow and leave and let's see who is going to play for 2012 london. See what the president will say, that dumb mp.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no doubt that the MP you are referring to means well in heart and mind, though the choice of words and action leave room for overly broad interpretation, including less than positive ones. There is room for improvement, of course. I am sure the MP in question will improve as improvement and striving for excellence is a hallmark of the government of Singapore.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That arrogant jamban auntie is still playing politics and not olympic game in STTA. I hope her filthy image that has choked the STTA jamban will soon flush down swift and clean giving everyone a good breather.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And your point is?

db2072-i-love-to-fart.jpg

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should we be happy that the STTA is getting rid of these money-grubbing PRC players and coaches???

Get rip of all people in STTA since all player are PRC. To maintain STTA that will cost more than $20/year that is tax payer money. So many director, coach, player including reserve and many more people like cleaner, clerk all supporting people. Many more like stadium, sport wear, electricity.........

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
He too lan because he is pay less then aunty who do nothing. Most likely the aunty dun even know anyhting about sport.

PiNG pong cannot handle..

Go serangoon handle banglas.... hhaaaaaha... GRC haahaaaa...