• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stop such unhealthy promotions???

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This chump is trying to impose his views on other Singaporeans. Just because he think is "unhealthy" does not mean that others share his views.

I bet he is one of those who KPKB about Government interfering too much about personal freedom, but in this instance, he " hope the relevant authorities will step in to stop such unhealthy promotions in the future."

Stop such unhealthy promotions

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/stop-such-unhealthy-promotions-20130629

ON THURSDAY, at about 1am, I passed by three McDonald's outlets jammed with vehicles and customers on my way home.

Police personnel were seen helping to control traffic.

All this for the fast-food chain's sale of the limited edition "Singing Bone" Hello Kitty stuffed toy ("Hello Kitty mania: Cat fights and long queues"; yesterday).

I hope the relevant authorities will step in to stop such unhealthy promotions in the future.

Roads leading to the McDonald's outlets were jammed, causing inconvenience to other road users.

People are forgoing their sleep to queue for the toy; surely an unproductive use of their time for something unnecessary.

It is a waste of resources for the police to be activated for crowd control for such a promotion.

Moreover, at $4.60 a piece, the toys do not come cheap, not to mention the meal set it must be purchased with.

McDonald's is profiting, but at the expense of others with the problems it created.

Leng Kok Meng

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
protest against govt's micro-management of people's life is nothing wrong. Govt is not allow to do that and any people allow that will be considered no self respect and totally sinkified.

Not everyone is like you to bend down and let the govt screwed and then get a reward from them for doing that..

other people stand upright to earn a living and not bend down and using his ass to beg for a living.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I hope the relevant authorities will step in to stop such unhealthy promotions in the future.

Roads leading to the McDonald's outlets were jammed, causing inconvenience to other road users.

People are forgoing their sleep to queue for the toy; surely an unproductive use of their time for something unnecessary.

McDonald's is profiting, but at the expense of others with the problems it created ...
ya, man! ...

gahmen shud oso stop all wat hongbao toto draws! ... dey create loong q's causing much inconvenience 2 shoppers n road users ... watz mor, ppl even take leave n mc 2 q 2 buy ze nos ... tis brings down productivity 4 sumting which dey can never really win ...

spools is profiteering n making peasants much poorer 4 it ...

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
protest against govt's micro-management of people's life is nothing wrong. Govt is not allow to do that and any people allow that will be considered no self respect and totally sinkified.

Not everyone is like you to bend down and let the govt screwed and then get a reward from them for doing that..

other people stand upright to earn a living and not bend down and using his ass to beg for a living.

Chump fuck back to Malaysia and protest against your 48% majority Government!

You and your family get screw everyday back home!!

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't stop fools from wasting their time for a cheapo plush toy but i sure hope McDonalds has to pay for taking up police resources.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm neither a MacDonald's or Hello Kitty fan, but from the looks of things, wished I was in advertising.

Cheers!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Business marketing , there is nothing wrong into tying a popular product to the ones they are selling. But, MacDonald's must print on the wrapper & on a visible portion of the toy "NOT FOR RESALE". After all, they are a family restaurant selling Hamburgers..in other words a Food & Beverage outlet, not a TOY STORE or Toy R US.

But, the promotion, highlighted MacDonald's as a TOY STORE, selling limited edition of a certain brand of toys, but you must purchase a meal set together with that purchase. The people are queuing up to buy the TOY not the food that comes with it. The purpose of these people is to buy that toy for their collection, as they are collectors & many buy to sell the LIMITED EDITION to sell to collectors at a PREMIUM. Sure, it is a buyer/seller market.

If MacDonald is genuine in stopping the resale of their TOYS, they must print those 'NOT FOR RESALE" on the toy & the wrapper & state this in their advertisement clearly.

They are encouraging wastage of food, which is very unhealthy & GREED, for the people buying the toy, will either eat a portion of the food & throw the rest or throw the food entirely.

Socially, MacDonald's is irresponsible, can forget about the charity the support, they even compromise the safety of those who are greedy to buy the toy, their staffs, who may be subjected to abuses, the public, for it encourages rowdy behavor that leads to skirmishes & fights & lastly, danger to the surrounding residents.

The relevant authorities giving licenses to MacDonald, must look very carefully into this...NEA, MOH, NTUC, SCDF, SPF...before something serious happened & then form a committee to look into it?.:p

Last edited:

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem isn't whether the Govt should step in to stop such nonsense at the first place. The problem is there are looser Sinkies that even bother to go queue up and even fight over Hello Kitty dolls.

With Sinkies like this, who needs PAP to destroy our future? Left on their own, Sinkies are doing a very good job writing another dark chapter in our history.

I wonder how much lower can we sink from here?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem isn't whether the Govt should step in to stop such nonsense at the first place. The problem is there are looser Sinkies that even bother to go queue up and even fight over Hello Kitty dolls.

With Sinkies like this, who needs PAP to destroy our future? Left on their own, Sinkies are doing a very good job writing another dark chapter in our history.

I wonder how much lower can we sink from here?
hello, don't be so direct can or not?

yes, its my belove pappies master plan to let sinkees screw each other kar chng first. later my belove pappies master will give all chow sinkees a 'song song until jurong' ass rim.

majulah pappies!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Clearly, McDonald's employees were not very bright when they allowed up to four toys to be purchased for each set meal. That is a logistical nightmare waiting to happen.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Clearly, McDonald's employees were not very bright when they allowed up to four toys to be purchased for each set meal. That is a logistical nightmare waiting to happen.
dey haf harrow kitty toys oni once in 50 yrs ... dey were simply cot-orf-gard by ze response ... peasants q-ing overnite 4 toys is a self-inflicted prob ...

u cannot brame mcdonaldz employees ... dey r as smart as ah loonz jingang ... ze oni differens is dat dey r grossly underpaid ... dey shud b paid in millions instead ...

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most Sinkies are morons. Why would anyone queue for hours for a stupid and ugly toy when he could easily have ordered the complete set from China?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why McDonalds never sell vegetarian burgers?

It will when enough of those Guptas, Sharmas, Patels and Chowdarys arrive from India and gain critical mass.

mcaloo-tikki-burger.jpg