• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STB hopeful Orchard’s revamp will pay off despite economic downturn

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The government of Singapore knows what it is doing. Put your faith in STB and URA!

Of course they should know what they are doing, cos they always come to suck my prick. And you should put your faith in my prick as well. :rolleyes:

BTW, you do know that you are "talking bird language", right?

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course they should know what they are doing, cos they always come to suck my prick. And you should put your faith in my prick as well. :rolleyes:

BTW, you do know that you are "talking bird language", right?

My apologies, I have yet to acquire such a language set. I am still trying to master the subset languages of homo sapiens. You shall be the first to know when I begin my acquisition endeavor and the progress.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
My apologies, I have yet to acquire such a language set. I am still trying to master the subset languages of homo sapiens. You shall be the first to know when I begin my acquisition endeavor and the progress.

You better keep upgrading yourself else you'll be out of the game :biggrin:

CENWEN

Alfrescian
Loyal
Analysts say tourism sector unlikely to grow in months ahead

<cite class="auth">Channel NewsAsia - Wednesday, October 29

</cite>SINGAPORE : The tourism sector may be in for a hard landing next year if turbulence in the global financial markets continues.
<script language="javascript">if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['XDkFQnxsfLY-']='&U=13ffuteam%2fN%3dXDkFQnxsfLY-%2fC%3d704344.13054644.13258318.2013436%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d5524671%2fV%3d1'; </script><noscript>
b
</noscript>
Industry watchers said smaller airlines and tour operators may not survive the bumpy ride. S$40 million worth of holiday packages were sold during a three—day annual travel fair in Singapore in August. The National Association of Travel Agents Singapore (NATAS) said there have not been any cancellations so far despite the economic downturn. But new bookings are expected to drop by 15 per cent in the fourth quarter of this year as people tighten their belts. Robert Khoo, CEO, National Association of Travel Agents Singapore, said: "Most of them are looking at nearer destinations instead of long haul travel. (This) probably means that they will spend a lot less in terms of family spending. I think the regional destinations will appeal to them." Observers said fewer tourists will be passing through Changi Airport, especially from markets such as the United States, Europe and Australia. And business travel could also fall by 20 per cent over six months as companies cut costs.

Peter Long, chief executive, TUI Travel PLC, said: "I don’t anticipate growth in the next 12 to 18 months, I see consolidation. I regrettably see more failures...primarily a combination of airlines and tour operators." Media reports have said that 30 airlines are on the brink of collapse. Experts said promotional efforts, like taking part in trade shows and advertising, will be increasingly important for regional tourism boards going forward. And tourism boards must find the unique selling point of their markets, and also work closely with the aviation industry. Meanwhile, carriers will also face increasing pressure in the future despite falling fuel prices. What goes up will come down, and that is certainly the case with oil prices, which fell by nearly half from a high of US$147 a barrel in July. But industry watchers said this might not necessarily be a good thing for airlines. Gordon Locke, vice president, Airline Marketing & Strategy, Sabre Travel Industry Group, said: "If an airline wants to hedge on oil or plan further out, there could be obstacles, because if you can’t get credit and less people (are) doing oil trading and less credit (is) being extended, then you are taking advantage of lower prices in the short term, but you may not be securing lower prices for the long term." Excess capacity could be another problem for airlines which have bought bigger planes, like the A380. And market watchers said airlines will have to get creative to fill the seats. — CNA/ms

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Analysts say tourism sector unlikely to grow in months ahead<

STB made of jiakliaobee Motherfucker losers. You give them a resort to run overseas, they will bankrupt it in less than 2 months. Then talk like Leeman Bros. We neber expect it....